2012 Honda Civic

Based on 276 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Nice style, great interior and smooth ride

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

"I traded in a 2008 Hoda Civic Hybrid for a 2013 Civic EX-L. When I first test drove the 2013 Civic I was very suprised with the new interior design and the smoth ride it provided. In fact I thought I was driving a much more expensive car. Hoda did a great job at keeping the price competitive. The steering is also much improved. I was attracted to the white pearl color and with the leather and heated seats/moonroof, back-up camera bluetooth, cell phone linking I have everything I need. Controls on the steering wheel are nice too and the new exterior design gives it a modern look rather than the dull boxy traditional Honda apprearance of previous models. Thanks for the redesign Honda. A home run and it was worth waiting for."

The most reliable economy car option!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, handling, and above all, reliability"

Cons: "Average acceleration and braking, interiors."

"I purchased a Honda Civic 2012 after a lot of research. True, the car now has a lot of competitors in the market, but the reliability factor of Honda can not be beaten. Elantra and Focus are touch matches, but one cannot outline the fact that 5 years and 100,000 miles down the road, it is the Honda Civic that is going to come on tops. The handling is fantastic, and the steering very responsive. Turning radius is amazingly low, and driving the car is as smooth as it gets for the cars in the economy segment. Acceleration is on the slower side, not that it should matter a lot. The mileage adds to the pros column, and the new design is way better than the previous generation. The only complaint is that the interior design could have been a little better and the power in the engine a little more. Apart from that, it is a winner!"

The 2013 Civic EX Sedan is a Winner

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "design, handling, charm, reliability"

Cons: "needed add on's for the ex model, accelaration mpg"

"This review is for the 2013 model. Designers brought back Honda fans', myself included, love of superior detail, the convenience of peppy agility, and good gas mileage. The 2013 Civic is fun to drive and charming. Turns are made on a dime. Although the car doesn't boast impressive numbers for horsepower, the car actually feels fast because of it's compact size and precise handling. The detailed interior and convenient controls, comfort of the seat, and perfectly-sized steering wheel make the driver trust that the car is there to serve him or her--not the other way around. The interesting color combinations, including dash displays, are easy on the eyes. All of these positive qualities converge to make the Civic feel extremely reliable and worth holding onto. This is exactly what I wanted when I considered purchasing a Honda. There are some opportunities with the Civic, but they are minor. The Ex sedan should have come with splash guards, side molding, and fog lamps. I had to make some extra purchases which brought the price up and reminded me that Honda's are a bit pricey. Also, the Ex should have keyless entry and start. The Bluetooth worked with my older android phone, but then stopped. I spent a couple of hours trying to work this out, but was unsuccessful. The gas mileage estimates are accurate, but I have had to accelerate much slower than expected to achieve the awesome gas mileage. Everything taken together, I would highly recommend this car to people of all ages."

Amazing Car!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, stick shift, great 40.0+ MPG"

Cons: "Random Rattle in rear when going over bumps"

"This car is absolutely amazing! EPA estimates MPG at 36.0 highway and I am getting 40+ combined! I have a manual transmission and it is so much fun to drive. Quiet ride, smooth corning and traction. Rearview camera is a plus, and the eco-boost is great plus the car still has power with it on. I highly recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a new one!"

Love this car.

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

"I bought this car out of state and drove it home to Ohio , a 400 mile trip. Th e car peformed well and I did not experience any road noise. Average 42.6 mpg and that was through a number of towns where the speed limit flucuatedn between 45 and 55. Fun to drive and a great experience so far."

Really like the upgrades

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Bluetooth,backup camera..new technology"

Cons: "no upgraded stereo in ex sedan"

"Car is quieter..drives better..seats are firmer.I like the new look..Wheels on ex are really nice(honda?)Inside is same design as the 2012, but upgraded materials(didn't kill 2012 by changing it drastically..which I liked).Thanks C/R for waking up honda..p.s I did own a 2012 civic lx coupe(which I really liked dispite reviews) Think this will put civic back in the game..(if it was ever out)"

Don't know what the "experts are talking about"

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Good interior space, refined driving experience"

Cons: "no lumbar support"

"I don't know why the experts rated this car so poorly. As far as styling, I guess it's a matter of taste but I like it and find its interior to be very functional and roomy. Being a person of tall sitting height, I appreciate having the speedometer placed above the steering wheel. It has nicely refined, sure handling though it can be a little squishy when cornering hard. Some slighlty bigger sway bars may have helped in this area. It has plenty of power but you may need to downshift in order to get good acceleration for on-ramps and for passing. The transmission is obviously programmed to shift for gas mileage not performance. I would have opted for the manual transmission had I not have back issues that make using a clutch difficult. With conservative driving I am getting about 35mpg for mostly city but some highway driving. On long trips, I can get around 42 mpg on flat terrain with no cross or head wind. I don't understand why people are complaining about road noise; the car seems very quiet to me. My only significant complaint about this car is the lack of lumbar support. which may be only an issue for people like me with back problems because otherwise the seats are fairly comfortable. If this car had seats like the Chevy Cruze it would be absolutely perfect."

FINALLY

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great all around car"

Cons: "not so great sound system on the base model"

"Just traded in my upgraded 2008 vw jetta and decided to go with the 2013 base model honda civic. Not only were the staff at the honda dealership friendly and professional this car is simply amazing. Ive only had this car for a few days but it is such a nice car to drive and so comfortable. If your in the market for a new car make sure you take the time to test drive this one! :)"

I had no idea a small car could be so good.

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, steering, interior room, smooth"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I have been a Cadillac driver for years. The Civic steers better, corners better and brakes better. Road noise is higher than the Caddy, but that is expected. I just love this car and do not plan to purchase a luxury car again. I think I am hooked on this Civic."

2012 much improved over last model

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, peppy feel, much improved"

Cons: "moderate road noise"

"I owned a 2010 civic and loved it. What I didn't like about the 2010 was addressed in the 2012.... better gas mileage (I get 42 hywy), the rear seat ( 3 inches) and the noise and comfort level. (much better now). But other reviewers ... even the pros, rated it lower. Even consumer reports took it off their recommended list. I don't get it. Yes the design is not for everyone and they use hard plastic instead of soft ... but hard plastic will never crack in the sun and I never need to armour all it!. It's also improved in the safety area getting high marks for a small car. six air bags. So shoot me if I rate this higher because of all the improvements, but a hard dash does not negate all those improvements."

Great car

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "sleek design, great fuel economy"

Cons: "no horsepower, few add-ons"

"I have the EX-L. I am disappointed in the manual seat adjustments and lack of dual-climate control. It seems like an EX-L would have more options than they do. When I compare it to my husbands Ford Fusion, it lacks in extras. However, the fuel economy of the Civic is phenomenal, but it also has very little pick-up and go. Its a great car, I just wished it had more "things" going on in the interior."

Wise choice for my money.

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Great gas, great price"

Cons: "Reduced compartment space compared to older models"

"I've had my Civic EX for a little over 9 months. Body style is an eye catcher. I spent a little over 21k and I think I paid a fair price. I only spend about $40 to fill my tank. I do wish Honda didn't take away all the compartment space compared to their older models. Overall comfortable, spacious, and super gas efficient. I would only put on the 'Econ' button on the highway, otherwise you are not utilizing it properly."

Love the EX-LSedan

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage and electronics"

"We bought this car in June of 2011. We have driven from California to Boston and are sure we purchased the right car. The gas mileage was so good that at one point we were getting 52 MPG, unbelievable but true. We were very comfortartable no back or neck aches. The GPS/ dash integration made it so easy to find our way around. The Bluetooth made it easy to use Pandara and our iPhones. I didn't notice a noise problem, and it has a nice function that allows the radio to increase and decrease with speed. We hit a snow storm and the traction function along with the front wheel drive made it through easily. The mirror and seat warmers sure made it cozy. I can't think of one complaint about the car."

HAS EVERYTHING BEING LIKE A LUXURY CAR

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Ride, gas mileage, controls, audio, blind spot"

Cons: "uncomfortable at times"

"Love my EX Civic on everything being like a top of the line vehicle. Its great in a smoother ride includes a new CVT transmission that isn't bad at all. Controls are excellent from having HONDALINK, blue tooth, Pandora, SXM, rear backup cam, heated seats, quiet drive and available eco mode that is best on giving a nicer ride to the car. The engine very powerful wish was available in a V6 but the 4 cylinder is awesome on performance of sports car instead economical car. The Civic with EX package came with blind spot monitoring, love the digital readouts on HVAC system and audio system while everything electronic is above the dashboard center. This car is roomier and is cream of the crop love the better resale value has its a excellent vehicle for the blue book price its looks more sportier but mostly luxury on the options included for EX package I have bought on this car. Its a really handsome compact car ever had even love the refreshed styling and better upgrades Honda gave the Civic on making it earn a better price and having a perfect resale value."

Great on gas, very reliable.

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, performs well"

Cons: "No engine temp gauge, just cold and hot lights."

"Have had car almost one year, put 9,500 miles on it, great gas mileage, better then rated on highway. Rides well, handles excellent, has plenty of power. Very pleased with car. only problem I have had is a slight rattle on passenger side sometimes, that didn't rattle when I brought it to dealer to be fixed. Controls are easy to use and are very nice looking, most are on steering wheel, six speaker stereo sounds nice, USB port for my MP3 player which also will play through the cars blue tooth. I like the tiered dash, speed display is very easy to see. Very nice car. Top resale and safety pick."

Okay, but 2013+ is ALOT better

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Great gas millage, okay to drive, reliable, cheap"

Cons: "Design is meh, cheap interior"

"I got this car after I got in a accident with my 2005 Honda Civic. Sadly, since I was only a high school student I couldn't afford to take on the whole price and my mother helped me out paying most of it. She choose white with a beige interior which I HATE..But it was alot faster than my 05 civic and was more gas efficient with that awesome econ button. All in all, if you need a reliable newish car and you cant go all the way for the $20,000 new 2013 civic, the 2012 civic will still do wonders."

great gas saver

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "comfort in gas saving"

Cons: "less power"

"you trade in power for money saved on great gas mileage. I don't mind driving with less power if it means having extra cash in my wallet. I don't have to drive and stare at the gasoline gage with a frown anymore like I do when I drive my suv. peace of mind is worth more than money! but here you get both."

This car is perfect and will last a long time!!!

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "comfortable and no hump in middle back seat!!"

Cons: "Trunck space could be better and needs 6 speed"

"I want this car becuse it is a comfortable and last a long time. It is a fact that the longest lasting car on the road is the Honda Civic many honda Civics that were built in the 90s are still aroung today. Well worth the buy my good friend has one."

I love this car!!

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "Peppy, efficient & reliable"

Cons: "Doors are heavy (That's part of owning a 2 door)"

"Great gas mileage (I'm getting 31-32 mpg commuting to work)! The "driving efficiency bars" (they change color depending on how you are driving) have taught me a new way of driving without sacrificing speed (no "comet's tail" behind me). The only warranty service that I've needed is to have spider webs cleared from my EVAP canister vent tube, which set off the "check engine" light at about 10 mos./5,500 mi (I've come to find out that it's a common problem)."

2012 Honda Civic EX

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, refined feel, feels larger"

Cons: "great gas mileage, cheap plastic interior"

"Overall, I love this car. I guess coming from driving a '97 Saturn SL2, that's not saying very much, however, I find the criticism of too much road noise and lack of smoothness to be unfounded. For a small car, the Civic drives more like a larger refined automobile. Steering is smooth, pedal feel is excellent, braking is easily modulated, suspension is on the soft side and acceleration is adequate. Although the interior is made up of mostly hard plastic, the fit and finish is excellent. In this time of rising gas prices, the biggest selling point of the civic - GREAT GAS MILEAGE! For me, it ranged from 31 to 40 MPG."

Nice economy

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage."

"Excellent mileage. Excellent reliability. Zippy enough. Kind of hard on the backside on long drives."

Best Small Car for the Money

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "This car is light years ahead of the 2003 Civic"

"I needed to buy a second car for our family and finally decided on a Civic. I have had a few Accords and one Civic before but after shopping all the affordable cars under 19k the Civic won. I liked the Fit too but it just doesn't have the sense of luxury that the new Civic has. Some people complain about acceleration but I have no problem passing and maintaining 70 mph in the mountains. In the end I got a price that was just slightly more than a Fit. I did think the Chevy Sonic had great road manners but as I told the salesman unless I can get it for a price that would justify the difference in resale value I will go with the Civic. Me and my family have probably had 10 Honda's and never had a single problem with any of them. As a kicker I still think it's the best looking small car and I'm getting about 31 mpg combined in mostly city driving. Compared to my F150 that is heaven."

Nice car

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Good MPGs"

Cons: "Some cabin noise at highway speeds"

"Owned my 2012 Honda EX Coupe for over a year now. This has been a great car. MPGs are 22-25 city and I have gotten as high as 40 MPG on a long trip driving 65-70 MPH. Like the digital dash & readouts and the blue background lighting. Interior cabin noise is sometimes a bit louder on the highway depending on the road surface but it is tolerable. Honda should add extra insulation to dampen highway/road noise."

Better than my 2012!

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Cost less than my 2012!"

Cons: "Build quality & rear brake noise issues."

"BIG improvement from my 2012 Civic. Build quality still needs improving (plant issues?), rear brakes still clunk when reversing (Honda trait on Accords too), but overall I am happy with the redesign. Replaced the OEM tires with a different brand & have better ride/handling & warranty now. Interior materials look much improved also. This is my 9th Civic."

I love my civic. ignore consumer reports!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "great great great on gas"

Cons: "bumpy"

"I drive 50-70 miles per day. I love my civic. I'm 6' 4" 250 and I fit comfortably! I get 36-39 miles per gallon. Consumer reports spent quite awhile complaining about this vehicle. Ignore it. Is the cabin noisy... yes, so turn on the radio! It's a great vehicle and it's a honda! 80% built in the states. 5"