2012 Honda Civic

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great first car!

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Features: LaneWatch, push-start, backup cam, wheel"

Cons: "Acceleration, driver's seat, no volume knob"

"I got my driver's license a few weeks ago, and I was fortunate enough to be given a new car. I am really enjoying the Civic so far. Though its price and reputation may suggest otherwise, it is actually a pleasure to drive! It's certainly no Corvette or Maserati, but the Civic truly does get the job done. One of my favorite features in the car is the digital, intelligently-placed speedometer. However, the enormous tachometer perplexes me. I still do not understand why Honda decided to make it so large, and why they devoted a huge part of the dash to it. I was very impressed with some of the standard features in my EX model, such as the small sunroof, the "smart key" and push to start button, and the backup and LaneWatch cameras. One major disappointment for me is that I am not averaging the advertised MPG. I drive almost solely in New Jersey suburbs, and anyone who has been here knows that THE CARS DO NOT MOVE. Therefore, I am essentially driving in an environment the EPA would classify as "city". That said, I am not getting the 30 MPG they suggest. I am at least 2 MPG lower. It's not the end of the world, but that was one of the justifications for me getting this car. Likewise, the seat bothers my back on rides long than about 45 minutes. The cloth material is surprisingly high-quality, but the seat lacks much-needed padding. In total, though, the car serves its purpose, and very well. I would recommend it to anyone, and especially to young drivers."

Runs like a champ...

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "dependable, bluetooth, modern dash"

Cons: "not sporty"

"This car does not have a lot of get up and go. I have had it for about 32,000 miles. Bought it at about 18,000 from a toyota dealership. I have never had a single problem out of this car. Always gets me where I need to go with great gas mileage."

handles and drives great,Japanese design A+

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"good car,cheap interior,eco button strains engine and tranny,no difference in mileage,just a gimmick,air leak in drivers door window,but can live with it."

New 2014 Civic Super happy :)

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "Great price. Standard backup cam and BTA!"

"Had a great experience with the dealership about a month ago. I love the fact that the radio is angled towards the driver and that the info/backup-cam screen is on the dash. It makes it really easy to access these features! I've had a great time driving it and I feel that the ride is smooth and there are not a lot of road sounds audible. I did notice that I got a "Check tire pressure" alert almost immediately though. Otherwise it has been fabulous and I'm very pleased :)"

Honda has delivered big time

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "Zippy, fuel miser, clean lines, great visibility,"

Cons: "Speedo placement, no rear cup holder"

"Having had to replace my broken down ride, I went to our local Honda dealer to purchase new car, primarily because of Honda reputation. I knew I would get good mileage and the car would be reliable, but wow this car is amazing. The civic has good pep, drives and rides like a larger vehicle..really comfy. I commute 80 miles each day for work, and can go 1 wek on a tank of gas. The interior is quiet, has decent radio, firm seats, and rather large interior .the outside lines make the car look smaller than it actually is. The only con is placement of speedometer on top of dash, kinda confusing with large tach lit up like airport signals below, but I'll forgive Honda for that design flaw. The car is loaded, an LX model..remote door openers, trunk release, cruise, am,fm,cd,Bluetooth with text reading, digital display. I am surprised by how much I enjoy this car, as it was intended as a "cheap" replacement, however I am assured to keep this ar for a very long time, esp. with upcoming drivers in my family."