2012 Honda Civic

Based on 226 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Another Great Honda

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Styling, gas mileage, dependability"

Cons: "None so far"

"Just purchased and drove home from the dealership. This drive is approximately 90 miles and includes rural and interstate highway driving, hills and flatlands. I did a great deal of research before purchasing, and this car exceeds all expectations. I've owned twelve Hondas and seventeen total cars in the past 25 years. Never had a problem with a Honda, but others have let me down. Compared to the other Hondas I have owned, this is one of the best. Look forward to driving this for a long time."

So far the best vehicle I have owned

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, fuel mileage, great looks"

Cons: "Seats are not very comfortable"

"I purchased this car in January 2015 from a dealership where my sister-in-law had traded it in for a new Mustang Roush. She keeps her vehicles in impeccable condition inside and out, the car had only 30,000 miles on it and was perfect. I purchased it through the dealership and got a very, very good deal. I commute 25 miles one way to work each day and the fuel efficiency, especially in ECO mode is awesome, averaging 35 mpg driving some interstate and some stop and traffic. The car has all and more amenities than I ever dreamed of. The ride is good, handling is awesome."

Troule free car with excellent gas mileage

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "economical to maintain and operate."

Cons: "brakes, buzzy engine sound wide open."

"Bought new and In 3 1/2 years of driving not one single problem. Routine maintenance only, ie oil/filter and tire rotation, etc. Gets consistently 36-38 MPG overall freeway/city driving as verified by gallons used at fill up. Nice handling OK acceleration and braking. drives straight and true down the road with no pulling to side. Fairly quiet interior ride, about as expected for this class car. High quality paint, interior trim, appearance. I would not hesitate to buy another one"

Reminds me of my Benz

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, solidly built, incredible mpg"

Cons: "No car-charger plug in back"

"I own a 2014 and am in sales. I have already put 18,000 miles on the car, since mid-July 2014. I had leather installed, as it's easier to sit on for long periods of time. I routinely drive 90 miles one-way to get to a job. I drive from the coast of Florida to the center of the state, and my mpg on country roads is always above 42mph. I keep my speed down to where the tach says 1550 rpm. This irritates other drivers, but they pass me. Generally keeping it at 55mph accomplishes this. When I drive to my office, I frequently get 50mpg. This car literally reminds me of my 2007 Mercedes Benz, in how it handles, how solid it is, and how comfortable it is. I don't necessarily love the exterior appearance, but that's okay. It looks professional, and yet I don't have to drive something big and heavy to get "classy". I don't regret this purchase at all."

Excellent, Reliable Vehicle

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

"This is my 5th Honda Civic and I love them. While I wish they were a little less pricey, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for, and this is an awesome car, no doubt about it, with a consistently terrific trade-in value. Over the years I've been in a few accidents (none my fault, thank goodness!) and my Civics have always performed superbly. The safety in these cars can't be beat and I drive in a metropolitan city in rush-hour traffic twice a day, so safety is a big concern for me. These cars also handle easily in snow, ice, and wet conditions, just get to know your car before bad weather hits. The interior is surprisingly roomy and comfortable for long trips and the A/C works great. The acceleration is good, but perhaps has a little bit of a delay when initially punching the gas pedal to pass, so give yourself a little extra passing room. Gas mileage is terrific, even in the city. There is a rather large "blind spot" right at the front windshield and door interface/meeting and one needs to be extra careful of that. Sometimes I wish the paint didn't ding or scratch as easily, but I realistically can't compare it to other cars, since I've leased nothing but Civics since about 1995. They've gotten consistently better and better over the years, not only in metal thickness and safety, but also in the power of the engine. Great car! In fact, hubby now also owns one and he loves it as well!"