2012 Honda Civic

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

I hope the next Civic is improved

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

"The quality is below average, the automatic transmission is not smooth but clunks and shifts hard, overall this generation Civic should not have been released for sale. I hope Honda learns from this mistake. I am looking at Toyota or Nissan before I consider another Honda."

The worst car I owned had driving in the snow!

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "The interior is great. Has all that I need."

"The car is great on gas. Comfortable on road trips. Stereo and disc work great. I have a small grade down my driveway. The car could not make it up the driveway. I had less than 1/4 inch of snow. ( no ice ). Coming home from the office there is a hill. Car would not make it up the hill. Was stuck with horns honking behind me. Truly the worst car I ever owned driving in the snow. Disappointed."

Exceptional Overall Value

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Unmatched overall value, it does everything well."

Cons: "Rear seat space limited, fuel efficy not so great"

"When I had to replace my old vehicle, I did a VERY thorough market research based on strict criteria. Test-drove about 10 vehicles and settled on the 2013 Civic Touring. This vehicle is quite different from the 2012 and it exceeds most of my expectations. It's fun to drive, responsive, has a decent amount of technology, it's top safety pick +. It does almost everything very well. Honda has not skimped on adding a lot of value for a vehicle that's NOT in the luxury segment. The looks are not striking at first, but it grows on you with time. It has an under-stated contemporary elegance. In addition to all that, maintenance costs are low. All in all it's a very high quality vehicle, designed and built with a lot of "love". I fully plan to own this vehicle for at least 15 years. I originally wanted to buy the hybrid version but all the Honda dealers that I spoke with discouraged me from the hybrid. Weird, since it's a bit more expensive..."

Great car for any age

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Practicality, affordibility, clean and crisp look"

Cons: "Had to buy side moulding to prevent door dings"

"I went from a 2010 inferno orange Camaro RS to a 2013 brushed metal Civic EX. I have owned Honda's in the past, including a 2005 silver Civic LX. I decided on a newly designed Civic after growing sick of the huge blind spot in the modern Camaro and its worsening gas mileage. The funny thing about owning a sporty Camaro, in a highly populated area, was that I began receiving more negative attention from a plethora of rough necks as the novelty of the Camaro has begun to subside in our car culture. Plus, the Camaro's 304 horse power motor had little use in stop-and-go rush hour traffic, and I had a growing disdain of the cheap plastic interior. Three years into the Camaro, I really began missing the practicality and tranquility of my 2005 Civic. Also at work, I drive the company Prius on occasion, and I began thinking that the fuel economy and anonymity of the Prius or a compact car would not make me long for the power of the Camaro after it was gone. I began researching 2013 compacts. I considered the Prius, but the reports on more expensive hybrids versus fuel efficient compact cars caused me to feel iffy about going green. I thought about the Hyundai Volester, but realized that I would be drawing more attention again as I did with youthful Camaro. The Hyundai reviews weren't great for this car either. I thought maybe I should I consider the Prius C. The reviews weren’t that bad. After a quick trip on the Toyota lot, I quickly changed my mind. Luckily I wasn’t greeted. The Prius C, which is even smaller than the larger Prius, seemed too expensive and much too tiny. I realized that the Honda's 140 horse power motor and gas mileage might be a much better option—and perhaps a lifesaver. The Prius is just too slow on its pick up in emergency situations unless it is in the power mode or floored. After leaving Toyota, I decided to travel to the Honda dealership. I wanted to get a feel of the Civic’s exterior and interior. I was impressed with the entire car. The outside looked modern and crisp. The wheels were fresh. It didn't look like a boring coupe or a college student’s car. I was so glad to see that there wasn't a bad angle on the entire car (I hated the 2005 Civic's back end). The salesman was awesome. I took the car for a spin. The dash blew me away with the double deck and array of vivid blue colors. The car interior was gorgeous. The designers realized the importance of contrasts. The seats were much more comfortable than my previous Civic. The Civic drove like it was on tracks. The steering was super tight. The agile handling and visibility compared to a big tankish Camaro resonated with me. The turn signals clicked tightly too. The stereo had clarity and enough wattage for those days. The visibility, which my Camaro was sorely lacking, sold me. I felt safe; the car felt fun and as modern as it can get. I bought the car. I have commuted to and from work the entire week. I love the car. There is no buyer’s remorse. I feel like a grown up again. I just smile when I see those Camaro's and other high cost of ownership cars go zooming by to keep those egos in check. There are hidden joys found in modesty. The Civic delivers! :)"

This car is perfect and will last a long time!!!

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "comfortable and no hump in middle back seat!!"

Cons: "Trunck space could be better and needs 6 speed"

"I want this car becuse it is a comfortable and last a long time. It is a fact that the longest lasting car on the road is the Honda Civic many honda Civics that were built in the 90s are still aroung today. Well worth the buy my good friend has one."