2012 Honda Civic

Based on 233 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Honda Family

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "Fun, sporty, reliable, great mileage"

"I love my 2 yr old Civic EX more than any car I've owned and I am giving it to my college bound son and replacing it with a new model EX-L. It's whisper quiet, I do not understand the other comment about noise. It handles like a dream and gets terrific gas mileage. I am a habitual speeder and I get 35 mpg average - mostly freeway. My 20 year old daughter loves her Honda FIT Sport for similar reasons."

This car is everything I wanted.

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

"I have no complaints about the car in any category.The only reason I may get rid of it is to get a newer version."

Very Good Gas Mileage - not very good performace

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

Pros: "Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Slow pick-up; loud road noise; poor technology"

"First the pro's: A solid 35 mpg and I drive it like a dog! The controls are set up nicely. The radio, CD Player, Cruise can all be controlled from the steering or from the dash. The dash controls are slanted toward the driver, which is handy. Heated seats and sun roof are nice. The cons: It's SLOW. I nicknamed mine the slug. Pickup is painfully slow especially trying to get up to speed on the freeway ramp to merge into traffic. The road noise is LOUD. Really loud and the ride isn't very comfortable. The bluetooth phone connection is lousy. I just keep it turned off. The usb port to connect the i-pod worked for about a year and suddenly quit. In general, I love the gas mileage. It's very cheap to drive. I've had no mechanical problems what so ever but the vehicle is slow, loud, and the technology is poor. I keep reminding myself that I purchased the car to save money and gas. That was my main objective and I've accomplished that."

Good for the money

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "Good price"

Cons: "Too small"

"I bought my Honda Civic EX after totaling my last car in an accident. I wasn't totally sold on the Civic due to the "space ship" look that this car has but I needed a car immediately without paying a fortune. My payments are fairly low but it's definitely not my idea of a dream car. I recommend this car for commuting because it's great on gas and it's fairly reliable."

reliable, great gas mileage, basic car but no wow!

By on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

"The ride is moderate and the noise is low for cars in its class but "fun to drive" does not fit this car. It is okay, handling is just mediocre, my Mazda 3....now that is fun to drive and handles sharply, not this Honda. But, the gas mileage is phenomenal, i average for 40,000 miles 35.6 and have gotten as much as 43 mpg on the highway! And in 41,000 miles, no maintenance issues, zero nada! many controls on steering wheel and ability to set many different looks on digital dash. heads up digital speedometer is great! Cloth seats and mats are cheap. Body integrity is great."

Good trouble free car

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Good car,good on gas"

Cons: "Noisy as far as road noise"

"My first Honda.I bought it thinking resale value would be tops but in less than 3 years I've lost half its value.it's a good car!it does need four tires now and having rotated them every oil change(5k) I thought they would last longer.,but overall I can't complain.we also own a new toyota and feel the Toyota has a better built solid ride.I would buy this car again and recommend it to anyone but I think Id step up to the accord next and not loose much in gas mileage and have a quieter rikde"

good mileage, dependable vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

"good mileage, dependable, has some rattles but that is my only real complaint"

Another Great Honda

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Styling, gas mileage, dependability"

Cons: "None so far"

"Just purchased and drove home from the dealership. This drive is approximately 90 miles and includes rural and interstate highway driving, hills and flatlands. I did a great deal of research before purchasing, and this car exceeds all expectations. I've owned twelve Hondas and seventeen total cars in the past 25 years. Never had a problem with a Honda, but others have let me down. Compared to the other Hondas I have owned, this is one of the best. Look forward to driving this for a long time."

So far the best vehicle I have owned

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, fuel mileage, great looks"

Cons: "Seats are not very comfortable"

"I purchased this car in January 2015 from a dealership where my sister-in-law had traded it in for a new Mustang Roush. She keeps her vehicles in impeccable condition inside and out, the car had only 30,000 miles on it and was perfect. I purchased it through the dealership and got a very, very good deal. I commute 25 miles one way to work each day and the fuel efficiency, especially in ECO mode is awesome, averaging 35 mpg driving some interstate and some stop and traffic. The car has all and more amenities than I ever dreamed of. The ride is good, handling is awesome."

Troule free car with excellent gas mileage

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "economical to maintain and operate."

Cons: "brakes, buzzy engine sound wide open."

"Bought new and In 3 1/2 years of driving not one single problem. Routine maintenance only, ie oil/filter and tire rotation, etc. Gets consistently 36-38 MPG overall freeway/city driving as verified by gallons used at fill up. Nice handling OK acceleration and braking. drives straight and true down the road with no pulling to side. Fairly quiet interior ride, about as expected for this class car. High quality paint, interior trim, appearance. I would not hesitate to buy another one"

Reminds me of my Benz

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, solidly built, incredible mpg"

Cons: "No car-charger plug in back"

"I own a 2014 and am in sales. I have already put 18,000 miles on the car, since mid-July 2014. I had leather installed, as it's easier to sit on for long periods of time. I routinely drive 90 miles one-way to get to a job. I drive from the coast of Florida to the center of the state, and my mpg on country roads is always above 42mph. I keep my speed down to where the tach says 1550 rpm. This irritates other drivers, but they pass me. Generally keeping it at 55mph accomplishes this. When I drive to my office, I frequently get 50mpg. This car literally reminds me of my 2007 Mercedes Benz, in how it handles, how solid it is, and how comfortable it is. I don't necessarily love the exterior appearance, but that's okay. It looks professional, and yet I don't have to drive something big and heavy to get "classy". I don't regret this purchase at all."

Excellent, Reliable Vehicle

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

"This is my 5th Honda Civic and I love them. While I wish they were a little less pricey, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for, and this is an awesome car, no doubt about it, with a consistently terrific trade-in value. Over the years I've been in a few accidents (none my fault, thank goodness!) and my Civics have always performed superbly. The safety in these cars can't be beat and I drive in a metropolitan city in rush-hour traffic twice a day, so safety is a big concern for me. These cars also handle easily in snow, ice, and wet conditions, just get to know your car before bad weather hits. The interior is surprisingly roomy and comfortable for long trips and the A/C works great. The acceleration is good, but perhaps has a little bit of a delay when initially punching the gas pedal to pass, so give yourself a little extra passing room. Gas mileage is terrific, even in the city. There is a rather large "blind spot" right at the front windshield and door interface/meeting and one needs to be extra careful of that. Sometimes I wish the paint didn't ding or scratch as easily, but I realistically can't compare it to other cars, since I've leased nothing but Civics since about 1995. They've gotten consistently better and better over the years, not only in metal thickness and safety, but also in the power of the engine. Great car! In fact, hubby now also owns one and he loves it as well!"

Great car!

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

"Overall fantastic little car. Pros great handling and economy, cons hard seats, inadequate a/c and defrosting, fake carpet."

best gas milage for coupe

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Pros: "sporty look with great gas milage and easy to driv"

"I am a first time Honda owner and have been very pleased with my Civic coupe. It's a great looking car with excellent gas mileage. I was also pleased with the price and the friendly customer service provided by Kevin McWithey."

Great economy and reliability

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy,low maintenance and of course Vtech"

Cons: "not as sporty as previous models"

"I drive almost 1000 miles per week to commute to work.I needed a very reliable and somewhat economical car.The Civic was an obvious choice.I purchased it brand new and have now clocked over 90,000 miles on it without a single issue. Other than oil changes and replacing air filters I have not had to spend a dime on it."

All about performance.

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "Quick, fun, practical."

Cons: "Not much."

"So I will start with the surprisingly bad, the battery at 35k literately is just plain shot and died on me despite being two years old. Also the tires from the dealership, bald and worn all the way down by the same mark (this is more typical at this mark I'm told.) I seem to have a sensor issue with my gas tank? It sometimes shows I have no gas for a few seconds and then comes to. So, but I will say I usually get better then the EPA projections. I have achieved 32mpg on a 500 mile road trip. I usually average 27 in town (250 routinely.) This car is 100% about performance. I personally love the torque and power of this car which is has plenty of. Of course it's a little on the small side but it is what you sacrifice for economy and power you lose a little comfort I suppose. I love the navigation, the different options for the graphics, and the bluetooth. Overall if you need amusement at the wheel- this is the car for you."

Drives amazing, amazing gas mileage, very sporty

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "Drives amazing, great MPG's, sporty, great sound"

Cons: "back seat will not fit anyone except small child"

Front end view. Car will get full detail this week

"2012 Honda Civic SI. I'm the original owner, non-smoker, I've taken amazing care of this vehicle to include all Honda scheduled maintenance, vehicle is near immaculate inside with just 1 or 2 minor scratches in non obvious places, exterior in near perfect condition with only 1 minor scratch that was touched up with Honda certified matching color code paint (1" scratch), 10/2015 inspection, I've babied this car from day one, and always have kept the interior/exterior like new, 6spd manual transmission, tinted windows, will even include the Weather Tech floor mats for the entire vehicle and even have an Eibach 2" lowering spring system that I never installed because I decided to keep the vehicle stock. I average 23-26 MPG's city. I do not do much interstate driving but I'd imagine the MPG's highway would easily hit 30+. I got all the options except the navigation and the Honda HFP Kit (the larger rims/tires and the front and rear body accents). The tires are the summer sport tires (believe they are Michelin but not sure, either way, make for a very smooth ride with awesome handling) This car has only 18,200 miles which is amazing considering its a few months shy of 3 years old when I drove it off the lot with only 2 miles on it...average mileage for vehicles currently is 15,000-20,000/yr! This car would be a steal for anyone looking for one! Absolute only reason I want to sell this car as painful as it will be is because I have a German Shepherd that I would like to take places with me when I go out but never have her in the Civic because it's too small and also because I don't want a dog in a super clean car. If there are any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!!"

Front end view. Car will get full detail this week

Gas sipper

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pros: "Quiet and easy to drive. Handles well."

Cons: "I wish I would have bought more interior features"

"I get 36 MPG in the city and on the road got 47.6 MPG at 63 MPH. I did go 8o and still got 41 MPG. The car handles well and the CVT transmission is quiet and smooth. The economy mode works great. I never take it out of this mode. My grandson always wants to borrow it when he is home from college."

Great first car!

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Features: LaneWatch, push-start, backup cam, wheel"

Cons: "Acceleration, driver's seat, no volume knob"

"I got my driver's license a few weeks ago, and I was fortunate enough to be given a new car. I am really enjoying the Civic so far. Though its price and reputation may suggest otherwise, it is actually a pleasure to drive! It's certainly no Corvette or Maserati, but the Civic truly does get the job done. One of my favorite features in the car is the digital, intelligently-placed speedometer. However, the enormous tachometer perplexes me. I still do not understand why Honda decided to make it so large, and why they devoted a huge part of the dash to it. I was very impressed with some of the standard features in my EX model, such as the small sunroof, the "smart key" and push to start button, and the backup and LaneWatch cameras. One major disappointment for me is that I am not averaging the advertised MPG. I drive almost solely in New Jersey suburbs, and anyone who has been here knows that THE CARS DO NOT MOVE. Therefore, I am essentially driving in an environment the EPA would classify as "city". That said, I am not getting the 30 MPG they suggest. I am at least 2 MPG lower. It's not the end of the world, but that was one of the justifications for me getting this car. Likewise, the seat bothers my back on rides long than about 45 minutes. The cloth material is surprisingly high-quality, but the seat lacks much-needed padding. In total, though, the car serves its purpose, and very well. I would recommend it to anyone, and especially to young drivers."

Runs like a champ...

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "dependable, bluetooth, modern dash"

Cons: "not sporty"

"This car does not have a lot of get up and go. I have had it for about 32,000 miles. Bought it at about 18,000 from a toyota dealership. I have never had a single problem out of this car. Always gets me where I need to go with great gas mileage."

handles and drives great,Japanese design A+

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"good car,cheap interior,eco button strains engine and tranny,no difference in mileage,just a gimmick,air leak in drivers door window,but can live with it."

New 2014 Civic Super happy :)

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "Great price. Standard backup cam and BTA!"

"Had a great experience with the dealership about a month ago. I love the fact that the radio is angled towards the driver and that the info/backup-cam screen is on the dash. It makes it really easy to access these features! I've had a great time driving it and I feel that the ride is smooth and there are not a lot of road sounds audible. I did notice that I got a "Check tire pressure" alert almost immediately though. Otherwise it has been fabulous and I'm very pleased :)"

Honda has delivered big time

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "Zippy, fuel miser, clean lines, great visibility,"

Cons: "Speedo placement, no rear cup holder"

"Having had to replace my broken down ride, I went to our local Honda dealer to purchase new car, primarily because of Honda reputation. I knew I would get good mileage and the car would be reliable, but wow this car is amazing. The civic has good pep, drives and rides like a larger vehicle..really comfy. I commute 80 miles each day for work, and can go 1 wek on a tank of gas. The interior is quiet, has decent radio, firm seats, and rather large interior .the outside lines make the car look smaller than it actually is. The only con is placement of speedometer on top of dash, kinda confusing with large tach lit up like airport signals below, but I'll forgive Honda for that design flaw. The car is loaded, an LX model..remote door openers, trunk release, cruise, am,fm,cd,Bluetooth with text reading, digital display. I am surprised by how much I enjoy this car, as it was intended as a "cheap" replacement, however I am assured to keep this ar for a very long time, esp. with upcoming drivers in my family."

Nice economy

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage."

"Excellent mileage. Excellent reliability. Zippy enough. Kind of hard on the backside on long drives."

Overall, a fun and reliable package.

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

"I've owned this vehicle for almost 9 months now, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I'm just going to get straight to the points: Pros: - Sporty looking, a few tasteful mods get people looking and asking questions. - Best interior I've been in for it's class. The red/black color scheme is "clean." The tech between the iMid and the touch display have some convenient features. Link up Bluetooth with your phone and you're set. - Fun to drive for what it is. - Reliability; it's a Civic! Cons: - A bit overpriced - for me at least. I got a great deal on it, so if you can knock a few grand off the MSRP it's worth it. - The latter overpriced point is due in part to the lack of power. This is somewhat offset with the pros listed above. Overall: It's a great car to own; there's a specific niche Honda was aiming for with the Si, and they kind of missed the mark with the base power in relation to price. Add the tech and a price drop, and everything's offset. You won't be disappointed."