2012 Honda Civic

Based on 272 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Would buy again

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "just great"

"for sure would buy again, Traded a 2014 Altima for this after owning the Altima for weeks and have been happy every day since I got the new Honda. Would for sure suggest this car if the size works."

Great car for what it is; HOWEVER......

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Audio technology pkg, gas mileage, heated seats"

Cons: "See my review for full details"

"I purchased a new Civic EX-L in August 2013 after having driven a Mazda Tribute for 12 years. I admit to it being a huge change and adjustment. I have about 3,500 miles on it as of the date of this review. My main complaint is how it drives in wet/snowy conditions. It seems to have issues gripping the road (even with the "vehicle stability assist" always on). Even with just a dusting of snow on the road it spins it's tires when trying to move from a stopped position (no, I don't drive like Mario Andretti.) I have 30+ years experience driving in the snow and do not feel confident in this car's ability to navigate the roads during a midwest winter. For this reason alone I would not recommend this car to anyone who has to deal with significant winter weather conditions. PROS: Bluetooth with most smart phones, streams Pandora, gas mileage is decent, safety features are awesome, love love love the heated seats! Stereo has decent sound (no Bose sound here, but I find it's more than sufficient!), moon roof works great, and I like the extendable arm rest. The fold-down arm rest with cup holders in the back seat is a winner with my two kids. It's fun to drive when weather is decent and makes tight turns. CONS: 1) Annoying steering wheel - you can't put your hands at 3/6/9 o'clock positions because of design. I can never find a comfy position for my hands. 2.) Drives terrible in wet/snowy conditions. 3.) Rear window is nearly impossible to clean due to brake light in the way. the front windshield is so big you need gorilla arms to reach all of it. 4.) Instant Fuel Economy Gauge is useless, and I don't see the point of it. It should be replaced with a tachometer. 5.) No rear air vents. When there are four people in this car it's needed. 6.) The top 4-5 rows of lines in the rear window are the antenna, not rear defog. Those rows are needed for rear defog. Also rear defog should have it's own button separate from outside mirror heaters. 7.) Placement of seat-belt buckle is too far back on the seat. The belt does not rest across the center of my chest - actually straight across one breast, which is dangerous placement. I cannot get it adjusted any other way. The only solution is to move the buckle further forward. FTR, I'm about 5'4" and average weight. 8.) No power seats. With all the other niceties in this model, why the lack of power driver seat?"

Excellent fun and practical car

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality, MPG, fit & finish, Sound, Fun"

Cons: "USB location, long trip comfort"

"I love my civic si, I've driven it like a stole off the lot and it hasn't given me any problems. With to stock tires I was getting a average of 32 mpg but when I changed to softer tires now the mpg has dropped to 30. It sounds amazing when I mash the gas but road nose isn't over bearing while cruising. Also with softer tires the road noise is significantly less. Steering is quick and very responsive but can feel twitchy on the highway. I love the interior styling, very cool. Seats look cool but are not the most comfortable. Ergonomics is excellent except for the placement of the USB port. The blue tooth link for playing music off my iPhone is one of my favorite features but I've noticed that my friends have had issues playing music on the system with android phones. It will link up fine but isn't as reliable as when using my iPhone."

Reminds me of my Benz

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, solidly built, incredible mpg"

Cons: "No car-charger plug in back"

"I own a 2014 and am in sales. I have already put 18,000 miles on the car, since mid-July 2014. I had leather installed, as it's easier to sit on for long periods of time. I routinely drive 90 miles one-way to get to a job. I drive from the coast of Florida to the center of the state, and my mpg on country roads is always above 42mph. I keep my speed down to where the tach says 1550 rpm. This irritates other drivers, but they pass me. Generally keeping it at 55mph accomplishes this. When I drive to my office, I frequently get 50mpg. This car literally reminds me of my 2007 Mercedes Benz, in how it handles, how solid it is, and how comfortable it is. I don't necessarily love the exterior appearance, but that's okay. It looks professional, and yet I don't have to drive something big and heavy to get "classy". I don't regret this purchase at all."

Comfortable, Reliable, Efficient

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy. Residual value."

Cons: "Road noise. Slight under steer. Cheap interior !"

"Good value. Super efficient, economical. I drive like a geezer; get 47 / 52 mpg every tankful, 100% of the time,,,,data to prove it. Under steers slightly. Decent ride quality. Most disturbing - Road Noise! Tire / Road noise is Unbearable ! "Autostop" works flawlessly. A/C remains on during "Autostop" ; nice feature. Great value !"