2011 Honda Civic

Based on 1889 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

some drawbacks

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

"dependable and stylish, the civic coupe has a couple of negatives..the ride is very stiff/sportscar like. and the paint died at 4 years. contacted Honda and they told me my paint color (grey) did not qualify for repaint."

Great Overall Small Car

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Great Mileage, Fun to drive, Great overall car!"

Cons: "Squeaks in the plastic interior."

"I purchased this car in order to get great mileage, and it does just that for my commute. I am super pleased with it. I am on my second set of tires, which wear nice and evenly. The engine does not eat oil(I measure), I do change it every 4000 miles. The car has a few squeaks that drive me nuts in the plastic interior pieces. I sold a pickup for this car and I went from 10 mpg diesel to an average or 33mpg! I use the coupe as a truck and it handles all the stuff I can get in it. My highway mileage is right around 37 mpg. Honda has been great for me and my extended family. I without a doubt expect at least another 200,000 miles until a trade in will occur. The last honda made it to 280,000 with VERY minimal repairs."

My experience

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Looks, dependable, fun to drive"

Cons: "rear suspension"

"I bought this vehicle new in December of 07'. It was the first new vehicle I have ever purchased. It has been a very fun and dependable vehicle to me besides one sore spot. It likes to eat tires in it's stock form unless you drive aggressively. I had to buy adjustable upper control arms to fix this problem. After about 10k miles the tread would start to cup and ruin the tire. Mechanically I have no complaints, the drive train is solid. I do have the occasional 3rd gear slip but nothing to get too excited about. I do wish I would have bought the base civic for the better gas mileage. I am 6'2" and am fairly comfortable in it, it does have a lot of road noise but I didnt buy the car for cabin refinement, I bought it because of the dependability, gas mileage (33 on highway for me)and the fun factor. Drive this car like you stole it and it can move."

Flawless (outside of snow)

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"I'll put it to you this way: I wanted to upgrade to a better car so I went to test drive a BMW 3 series and a Cadillac CTS. While both had more than twice the horsepower and other ridiculous enhancements, NEITHER WAS BETTER THAN MY LITTLE HONDA! Awesome stuff: -Accelerator is super responsive! <---biggest difference between my Honda and the "big boys" -Digital speedometer looks super cool! -Tons of room: for a smaller sedan, the civic is quite spacious, at least for the front 2 seats. The dashboard and windshield have a unique shape and angle that I've never seen before. This puts them an extra foot away from the driver, make it feel even more spacious. -Gas mileage: the lowest I ever got was ~22, the highest I got was ~34. absolutely cannot complain about the efficiency there. Not so fun: -FWD: this really means one wheel has all the power, and the other 3 are just following. In the snow (which I see a lot of), this is bad. I've never crashed in it, though, so it can't be that bad. -<150 horsepower 4 cylinder: you get what you pay for I suppose. It will climb any hill, but it might take a few extra seconds than the giant SUV next to you (still faster than a semi though...) The bottom line: If you're looking for a car in this price range, there can't possibly be anything better. Just drive it once, just once. You will be absolutely hooked! (I had to abandon my dreams of owning a BMW because of my Honda addiction...)"

A Great Car!

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "Great looking, great reliability, fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish they had leather seats available in 2006"

"Purchased this new in 2006, when it was Motor Trend Car of the Year. The car still looks like new, except for some minor wear and tear on the seats and door panels. The car seems to run better and better as it ages, and is now more peppy on and off the freeways. We rented a new Chevy Cruze LT last year and were so happy to get back in our Civic after returning home from the airport. Numerous people have expressed admiration for the way it looks, and wonder if it's for sale. Probably will keep it for another 10 years at this rate. It's bulletproof."