2011 Honda Civic

Based on 1852 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Fantastic Car In All Areas

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Quality, Fast"

Cons: "No Cons"

"The Honda Civic Si is one of the best cars on the market. It is a go-kart disguised as a sedan, so much fun to drive, 6-speed close ratio manual transmission, great suspension, Honda reliability means it will last forever, great price, great gas mileage, very utilitarian, people will be so jealous of you if you own this car!"

Flawless (outside of snow)

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"I'll put it to you this way: I wanted to upgrade to a better car so I went to test drive a BMW 3 series and a Cadillac CTS. While both had more than twice the horsepower and other ridiculous enhancements, NEITHER WAS BETTER THAN MY LITTLE HONDA! Awesome stuff: -Accelerator is super responsive! <---biggest difference between my Honda and the "big boys" -Digital speedometer looks super cool! -Tons of room: for a smaller sedan, the civic is quite spacious, at least for the front 2 seats. The dashboard and windshield have a unique shape and angle that I've never seen before. This puts them an extra foot away from the driver, make it feel even more spacious. -Gas mileage: the lowest I ever got was ~22, the highest I got was ~34. absolutely cannot complain about the efficiency there. Not so fun: -FWD: this really means one wheel has all the power, and the other 3 are just following. In the snow (which I see a lot of), this is bad. I've never crashed in it, though, so it can't be that bad. -<150 horsepower 4 cylinder: you get what you pay for I suppose. It will climb any hill, but it might take a few extra seconds than the giant SUV next to you (still faster than a semi though...) The bottom line: If you're looking for a car in this price range, there can't possibly be anything better. Just drive it once, just once. You will be absolutely hooked! (I had to abandon my dreams of owning a BMW because of my Honda addiction...)"

Saved my life

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I owned one of these for two years before I got t-boned, driver's door, by an SUV doing 35 mph that had ran a red light. Side-curtain and side-torso air bags deployed. Impaction of my car was about 12 inches, but I barely had a scratch on me. I know all new cars are safer these days but it really shows on this Civic! No problems at all in 2 years of ownership. Hyper-miled for 2/3 of a tank, with the other 1/3 city driving with A/C on and I still got 36 MPG about a week before the wreck. Insurance totaled the car for only $500 below what I paid for it (2 years old, 28k miles). Held it's value extremely well. EX, sedan. Steering and power are better than average for a sporty, small sedan. Ride is a little bit loud, but not bad. Interior styling is simply wonderful, or maybe it's wonderfully simple? Steering mounted audio and cruise controls. Two-tiered instrument panel is AMAZING. Love having the speedo and fuel up higher. Seats are comfortable, head and leg room are great. I got sore on extended drives but that was probably my poor posture. Bottom line: After 2 years of ownership I had the chance to purchase another Civic or something comparable, and I bought a Civic."

Awesome

By on Sunday, May 13, 2007

"I have driven the NSX and this car blows it away in handling and acceleration. I can't believe how much power it has left, even in fifth gear. It is like getting a race car for a little over $20,000. What a great value, looks good and can race just about anything out there. At 145 mph, she rides smooth and handles great."

'07' Civic Hybrid

By on Sunday, April 22, 2007

"I've been fairly impressed with the form, fit, and function of the car so far. It is also roomy enough for a small family of four to go places in and not worry about the price of fuel. I really like the ride of the car for it's size. I like a bigger car and I usually drive a truck so this seems to hug the road very well for a smaller vehicle and the power isn't amazing, but it is very adequate."

A Great Car!

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "Great looking, great reliability, fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish they had leather seats available in 2006"

"Purchased this new in 2006, when it was Motor Trend Car of the Year. The car still looks like new, except for some minor wear and tear on the seats and door panels. The car seems to run better and better as it ages, and is now more peppy on and off the freeways. We rented a new Chevy Cruze LT last year and were so happy to get back in our Civic after returning home from the airport. Numerous people have expressed admiration for the way it looks, and wonder if it's for sale. Probably will keep it for another 10 years at this rate. It's bulletproof."

Reliable and low cost of ownership

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "Road Noise, rear power locks"

"I bought this car in 2006 and it's now 8 years old. I'm pretty pleased with it and have had no major mechanical issues. It's basically a "point and shoot" vehicle. Cost of ownership has been in line with what I expected when I researched the car before I purchased it. Repair costs could probably be even lower since nearly all the work was done at the dealership. The car gets great gas mileage. Even at 8 years old, it still can get 48MPG on the freeway while driving consistently at 60MPH. Normal driving however is more like 36 highway and 23 city. I like the large windshield and it has decent legroom for a subcompact. Some people don't like the "digital" readout on the dashboard, but I'm fond of it. The trunk has a lot of space and is even more practical with the split rear seating. Road noise is a problem but I drown it out with the radio--this isn't a luxury vehicle. I don't care for the Daytime running lamps either--they'll turn on if the accessories are on and the parking brake isn't engaged. The most frustrating thing with the car has been the rear power locks-they've already been replaced twice. I have gone through two sets of brakes and the sway bar link broke recently. Other than that there have been no major issues--certainly none with the engine, pumps, transmission, or suspension (other than the swaybar link). I'm just an average driver and compared to may last car, the Civic is very responsive, fun to drive and reliable. It has a relatively low cost of ownership and should be a hassle free experience as long as you keep up with the maintenance."

It's my Tron Car! Fast & Furious No Doubt

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, quick, great handling, gas mileage"

Cons: "seats and seat belts meant for 20 somethings."

"I love the handling and the MPG. It never breaks down, and is sturdy. I am getting older and the seats being so low to the ground are for younger men than me."

good value for a 5 year old car.

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

"low mileage. except for front scratches at the front lower lip, the exterior is excellent. interior is good to excellent. seats are black velour. engine and transmission are both in excellent shape. tires are still original and may have to be replaced soon. battery has been replaced 2 years ago with a honda 5 year warranty battery."

Best compact car for the money!

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Rillaiable, economical, roomy, quality, robust!"

Cons: "week engine, cheap plastics"

"I have this car since 2010. I bought it out of lease with 35K miles. The car does need a more powerful engine. That said it does everything very well. Interior roominess is the best in class. Very comfortable and with nice soft ride. Handling is also good. Very reliable and economical, up to 37mpg in the HWY and about 30 in the city. The only thing it does not have is traction and stability which became std from 2010 + models."