2010 Honda Civic

Based on 1908 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Everything I wanted/hoped in 140k miles

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Great price/value and very economical"

Cons: "Sun Visor melted--that's it"

"I knew I was going to be driving a lot and wanted and reliable but comfortable car that was economic to drive. This EX civic met every expectation I had."

Great Overall Small Car

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Great Mileage, Fun to drive, Great overall car!"

Cons: "Squeaks in the plastic interior."

"I purchased this car in order to get great mileage, and it does just that for my commute. I am super pleased with it. I am on my second set of tires, which wear nice and evenly. The engine does not eat oil(I measure), I do change it every 4000 miles. The car has a few squeaks that drive me nuts in the plastic interior pieces. I sold a pickup for this car and I went from 10 mpg diesel to an average or 33mpg! I use the coupe as a truck and it handles all the stuff I can get in it. My highway mileage is right around 37 mpg. Honda has been great for me and my extended family. I without a doubt expect at least another 200,000 miles until a trade in will occur. The last honda made it to 280,000 with VERY minimal repairs."

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "low price, fun to drive, efficient"

Cons: "cheap cpt, door locks, wheels scratch easily"

"Only a couple of complaints. The carpets mats are quite flimsy and are made of cheap materials -- which show wear. Also, 2 of the automatic door locks quit working last Summer. Honda dealer said they could see what was wrong -- but it would cost a lot, since they would be taking off the door panels. Overall tho, I love this car, and I have owned a lot of cars in my day. Dependable, efficient, comfortable, easy, cute. What more could one ask for?"

Makes a great first car

By on Friday, December 7, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, economical"

Cons: "Backseat leg room"

"I got the 2009 Civic coupe EX as a first car a few months ago. I had wanted something more luxurious, but for now the most practical vehicle for me is this one. It feels like it could never break down. It always starts on the first turn of the key, never makes any strange noises, and just the feel of the basic buttons and knobs makes you think they're going to last a million years. It's very easy to drive, park, and take care of. Might not be a Mercedes, but it is a marvel of engineering. The ONLY thing I would change about the car is the instrument panel. If you turn on the lights, the panel dims, and this can strain your eyes in the early morning or evening."

Fantastic Car In All Areas

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Quality, Fast"

Cons: "No Cons"

"The Honda Civic Si is one of the best cars on the market. It is a go-kart disguised as a sedan, so much fun to drive, 6-speed close ratio manual transmission, great suspension, Honda reliability means it will last forever, great price, great gas mileage, very utilitarian, people will be so jealous of you if you own this car!"

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Pros: "Great deal for what you get"

Cons: "no cons"

"We bought this Honda Civic in March of 2011 and my wife has driven this vehicle a lot. The only issue we had is the air conditioning that cost us $650.00, PS don't go through a Honda dealer to get the vehicle fixed if its not in warranty."

Awesome

By on Sunday, May 13, 2007

"I have driven the NSX and this car blows it away in handling and acceleration. I can't believe how much power it has left, even in fifth gear. It is like getting a race car for a little over $20,000. What a great value, looks good and can race just about anything out there. At 145 mph, she rides smooth and handles great."

Very Reliable 2006 Honda Civic

By on Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride, reliable, fuel effecient"

"Super low mileage for a 2006 Honda Civic, and it is very reliable. I've kept up with all oil changes and other maintenance work, and the only thing I've have to replace are brakes."

Love the great gas mileage

By on Friday, May 8, 2015

Pros: "Love the gasmileage"

Cons: "Poorly designed cup holders"

"With over 200K miles and 95% highway, the car is a dream to drive. It has decent acceleration for passing, and it handles well in most weather conditions. My Honda does not like snow, but it has done more than its fair share of going thru it. The front bucket seats are not comfortable enough for the miles I drove each day, so is use a back support. The coffee cup holder, I know it's minor, needs to,be redesigned its a bit of a battle over the cup holder with two people in the front seat. If you are looking for good gas mileage and a dependable car, the Honda Civic Hybrid is it!"

takes a lickin and keeps on tickin

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "cost of ownership, mpg, maintanance"

Cons: "Road noise, low ground clearance"

"I've never had such an easy car you just oil it gas it and go. It got me through 2 college degrees, a marriage, new job, and new baby. I decided to get an suv since we are growing a family and mostly due to my husband wanted to get me a bigger vehicle. Otherwise, the 9 year old car runs fine. I replaced an alternator and starter but nothing else. Took me 30 minutes to pick this car out and buy it. I got in and immediately said this car is so comfortable. Roomy back seat and just fun to drive. I think it's still got a whole lot of life left even after 200k miles."

Absolute best car !

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pros: "GAS SAVER GALORE"

Cons: "CONS HARD TO FIND THEM"

"Very nice car with all the extras of a more expensive car. no issues at all.I will recommend this car to anyone that wants to save on gas and have a great car."

It's my Tron Car! Fast & Furious No Doubt

By on Monday, November 3, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, quick, great handling, gas mileage"

Cons: "seats and seat belts meant for 20 somethings."

"I love the handling and the MPG. It never breaks down, and is sturdy. I am getting older and the seats being so low to the ground are for younger men than me."

good value for a 5 year old car.

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

"low mileage. except for front scratches at the front lower lip, the exterior is excellent. interior is good to excellent. seats are black velour. engine and transmission are both in excellent shape. tires are still original and may have to be replaced soon. battery has been replaced 2 years ago with a honda 5 year warranty battery."

Best compact car for the money!

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Rillaiable, economical, roomy, quality, robust!"

Cons: "week engine, cheap plastics"

"I have this car since 2010. I bought it out of lease with 35K miles. The car does need a more powerful engine. That said it does everything very well. Interior roominess is the best in class. Very comfortable and with nice soft ride. Handling is also good. Very reliable and economical, up to 37mpg in the HWY and about 30 in the city. The only thing it does not have is traction and stability which became std from 2010 + models."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, nice exterior and interior styling"

Cons: "NOISE"

"Only objection is road noise, if don't have low noise tires, way too loud. Gas mileage is consistently 41 to 44 mpg on highway"

A mild refresh for the 2009 Honda Civic .

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Strong Resale, Low Ownership costs, Dependable"

Cons: "EX+ trim no std Blue-Tooth,Road Noise,"

Pre-delivery detailing Air Dry. Love how the blk trim accents the maroon exterior.

"A best in class resale value for 3 & 5-yrs combined, the '09 Honda Civic continues to be a leader in its class as well as being economical to own, its also fun to drive. The Honda Civic has been around for decades, and it just keeps getting better. I will share what our buying strategy is. Most vehicles have a 5-7 yr cycle, and then a redesigned model goes on sale. Usually about half way through its cycle, the manufacturer will add what were options to the standard equipment list, and they will also make some other refinements both seen & under the body panel's. Such is the case with the '09 Civic. This model year gets a restyled front & tail end along with 2-added trim lines, the DX-VP & the LX-S, while the EX & EX-L get upgraded alloy wheels. The 2006-2012 civic is very similar in size to that of the 1993-1998 Accord models. I am confident when I share that with the addition of the EX-L trim, the civic is being purchased by couples & individuals that the car was not targeted at, but who have found that as empty nesters we don't need larger vehicles like we use to, so we have started buying higher trim levels in smaller vehicles. Like a Civic EX or EX-L sedan vs a Accord LX. As we focus more on retirement living expenses we have become more conservative yet still being wise consumers. We purchase what we need & not so much of what we want, for we need to make our nest eggs last beyond our life expectancy. So we drive nicer but smaller vehicles so we can enjoy our retirement's and if a 2009 Civic EX or EX-L is a step down from a Accord LX or Camry LE, and its its just the two of you, and on the lucky weekends we get to have our civic's back seat occupied by our grandchildren. Plus, by being conservative and buying the Civic EX or EX-L sedan, the additional money saved vs buying a Accord EX/EX-L sedan, we will do just that, as now we will be able to keep a 2009 Civic EX in Florida for use when their & a EX/EX-L sedan for our home in the North to go along with our Northern AWD SUV/CUV that's made by Honda's premier brand Acura. As I shared above, trading every 5-yrs, and purchasing mid-cycle just after the MCR(mid-cycle refresh), and doing so over & over you will always get a better vehicle than had you bought it during its 1st year of its new body style. Unless your the customer who always wants the newest model, then I suggest you trade every 5-yrs like with the Accord, every year that ends with a 3 or a 8, as those yrs are the Accord's starting year of its newest body style. I wish all who have read my long winded review a happy, healthy, safe & successful New Year !"

HONDA CIVIC SI FG2

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Awesome car, I love it, I wouldn't part ways with it if I had to, I always like a new car but if I was set for one car and one car only, this would be the fine lady id bring home every night due to its well mannered drive ability for the average civilian. Perfect daily driver"

Love this thing!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Smooth drive, good mpg, truly reliable"

Cons: "nothing but the seats!"

"I had a 1999 honda accord with 156,000 miles that unfortunately was totaled in an accident. So I went with my mom to search fr another car. I was looking for a used "a and b" car but was hooked with this! which is crazy for a 19 year old! this car rruns beautifully and my honda dealership id an excellent company with great deals, great people, and great cars. They told me i can trade it in at anytime but I don't plan on it. It's wonderful"

LOOOOOVE my Honda Civic!

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, FAST"

Cons: "Low profile tires"

"The Honda Civic is a great little car for teens and young adults. Great gas mileage, very reliable. The only thing I dislike is that my car has low-profile tires and they will go flat if you hit a pot hole too hard, jump the curb, etc."

Fantastic car for all types of drivers!

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, stylish, quality, features"

Cons: "3rd gear grind"

After a thorough cleaning

"When I first started driving ('05) my brother and I went in together on a 2002 Acura RSX-S that was our pride and joy for the short 2 years that we had it. Unfortunately, it began suffering near constant mechanical issues over 110k miles even though the vehicle history / maintenance history was immaculate, with documentation. ****************** I wanted something similar in power, driving dynamics, and resale as the RSX, and I knew the Si had the same base K20 engine, and was essentially the younger cousin to the RSX. I'll break this down in three parts: Performance, Reliability, and Quality. ****************** *********Performance: This car weights ~2800 pounds, has a 197hp 2.0L I-4 in a FF layout. It easily has enough pep to be enjoyable around town or on the back roads without being threatening to a newer driver if too much throttle is used. The FWD aspect does tend to lean towards a bit of understeer, which is completely fine, but this can be mitigated with stickier tires and some camber adjustments if desired. The limited-slip is a welcome addition coming from the RSX, and it works quite well when pushing the limits. Acceleration is pretty standard for its' class (maybe slightly on the slower side versus some), somewhere in the 6.5s-7s range 0-60, though it always feels faster when rowing through the gears at 8k rpm. If you do want that sudden burst of power, you will need to make a downshift or two to get the revs up around 5k but I enjoy this, as I feel it delivers a more intimate driving experience. Also, the shift throw is nice and crisp (you'll often see that many people remark how great the shifter feel is in honda transmissions). Steering feel I think is great, and I've always been able to feel the limit of grip since the car transmit's the driving sensations quite well. I've driven this car in every weather condition and and very happy with the way it behaves, as well as the way the safety systems behave. I've also taken this car to a few autocrosses (bone stock), and it has performed great. *********Reliability: I took delivery of my '07 with ~4500 miles on the clock, and have just passed 62k. I have yet to have a single issue outside of the recommended maintenance schedule. I started oil changes every 3k but have recently let them go 5-6k based on the maintenance minder indicators with no issues. I had rear brakes done last summer, and will do the fronts this summer. Standard schedule for brake fluid, tire rotations, air filters, etc... I haven't done transmission fluid yet, I've talked with a few mechanics who have suggested that MTF should be good for 75k+ or even 100k miles. My only issue has been the well documented 3rd gear grind with the 6spd manual. Just google search "3rd gear grind, honda/rsx" and you'll likely get hundreds of hits on forums detailing the issue. Is it annoying, yes, can you live with it, yes. Check with your local honda dealer, some will attempt a fix outright, some will try to replicate it first. I've taken my Si on several road trips, around the city, onto dirt roads, and everywhere in-between. It's built well and will stay reliable as long as you keep up with it. Take care of your car, and it'll take care of you. *********Quality: For the most part, quality is great for a compact sports car in the $20k price range. The interior materials are nice, the cloth is soft, the seats are nice and snug, the buttons and other hardware do not feel cheap like the new 2012 civic. One thing I have noticed, after a while, the cloth and padding on the armrests does start to wear down after a bit. Imagine the knees on an old pair of jeans, constant use will just wear it down. I imagine I could replace them if I really wanted but they're not aesthetically un-pleasing just yet. If the car spends a decent portion of its time parked in the sun, the UV exposure to the black cloth will begin to fade the color a bit, but again, nothing you probably wouldn't see on any other car. As far as road noise/rattles/squeaks etc... It's the Si, it will ride firmer, and it may be a bit louder than its non-Si counterparts. I don't mind, and it's never been an issue for me. Rattles/squeaks, nothing unusual. A little vibration here or there, but again, it's a civic, not a BMW or Mercedes. Of all the cars (in the ~$20k range) I've been in, I'd say the interior quality is easily top 10%. The only exterior quality issue you may or may not have to contend with is paint. The paint is a bit thin and if you check the forums, you may see people with "crows feet" or similar paint related issues. I'm fairly meticulous about the upkeep of my cars, and aside from a few rock chips in the paint on the hood or front bumper, no issues here. The car is extremely nice from factory and if you put the work in to keep it maintained, you won't have any issues. People are generally surprised when the get into my car and realize it's almost 7 years old now, it still looks and feels almost as good as when I first took delivery. ****I know this is a long review, and I probably haven't covered nearly everything but I'll sum it up here. If you're looking for a dependable, good looking, fun to drive, all-around great car with good gas milage (30-32 highway), definitely look at a 2007-2011 Civic Si."

After a thorough cleaning

Reliable

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cons: "small for hauling"

"This car reliably gets me to and from work on mountain roads averaging 32 MPG."

Love this zippy little car!

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive, sporty, compact."

Cons: "None to really speak of."

"I bought this car brand new in April, 2007. It is perfect for one person because of the size. I can zip around in this and the gas mileage is incredible. I get about 40 mpg highway so my trips to the Jersey shore are only about 5 gallons round-trip (100 miles each way). Local driving gets me about 30 mpg. The car handles well and has been trouble-free so far. It accelerates nicely (sometimes too quick for people who tap the pedal) and handles well. The interior is really nice but my only issue is the plastic inside can tend to scratch easily. The paint is still holding up nicely and I do wax it only once or twice a year. This car is not meant for larger people. My husband is 6'2" and a big guy and he is extremely uncomfortable in this car. Otherwise, all-in-all this is a great car!"

Love this car!

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage, resale value"

Cons: "No power seats"

"This is a terrific car. I never thought I would own a Honda but now that I do, I am in love with it. The manual transmission makes the car fantastic to drive. It has great acceleration and handles so well around corners. It is a fun ride. My favorite interior details are the dual dashboard and the leather seats. I have 48K miles on the car and it feels like it will run forever. Oh, and it gets 37 miles per gallon. Buy one! You will be happy you did."

Exceptional Automobile

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Pros: "Virtually no maintenance costs."

"Bought brand new 6.5 years ago. Zero problems. Outside of oil changes, only 1 battery and 1 set of tires. Nimble, comfortable, no squeaks or rattles. So dependable and reliable. WOW !!!"

She flies! You will find your mojo in this car.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "This car is tuned up and ready to go."

Cons: "Too fast for my 15 year old."

"The Honda SI package is an incredible value. Everything is stock but she keeps up and handles as well as vehicles way beyond her league. Put the windows down and listen to the race muffler. This is a car to have fun in."