2010 Honda Civic

Based on 1843 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

The best car I ever owned, reliable

By on Sunday, May 03, 2015

Pros: "great mechanics"

Cons: "noise, ver little but noticable"

"This has been one of the best cars that I have ever owned, it is economical, reliable and comfortable."

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "economical, practical and roomy for a small car"

Cons: "low to ground, road noise"

"This car ran through everything, rain, snow, dericho, wind, you name it. Of course a few things wore out, but what doesn't. Normal maintenance and oil changes and a little tlc goes a loooong way."

Great value.

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pros: "Price, handling, gas mileage, dependability."

Cons: "Seat comfort, acceleration, intermittent wipers."

"I like this car. It's dependable, gets very good gas mileage, and handles nicely. If you want a more luxurious car, don't get this, as it doesn't exactly caress you with comfort or thrill you with quick acceleration. But for the money, it's great. Really only two things I wish it had: lighted vanity mirrors on the sun visors, and variable speed intermittent wipers."

i love my civic

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "gd gas mileage"

Cons: "interior to small"

"I bought my car in 2008, and from the beginning I just loved it... a little uncomfortable, but everything else its just nice"

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, looks, gas mileage, great to drive"

Cons: "Location of emergency brake"

"Traded a 2011 Mazda 3 which I found too tight and sporty for my needs. Got more options on the Civic, much more comfortable and great to drive. Love the moon roof and the interior room, super comfy drivers seat, especially compared to the Mazda. Looking forward to many years of reliability with this car."

Very disappointed!

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pros: "Looked good."

Cons: "Only averaged 32 MPG."

"I had heard such great things about Honda. Unfortunately, this car did not live up to its reputation. The car was supposed to get between 48-50 MPG. My Honda, after almost 5 years, has averaged 32 MPG, which would not be bad if I hadn't paid an additional $2,000 for a hybrid. There was a class action suit against Honda because of this car. The only good thing I can say about this car is that it looked good when I bought it."

Terrible disappointment

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Hybrid!"

Cons: "An unreliable lemon w/irreparable I battery issues"

"Three years of constant issues with the hybrid because of the battery problems! Finding out this was a known problem with the 2009 Civic Hybrid didn't change the frequent times I had to be towed or jumped. Dealer told me it was the battery. Replaced it. Still had problems. Dealer said it was the remote starter. Took it out. Still no fix. Second time they suggested I change the (new) battery, I gave up. Went back to dealer and gave them all the paperwork and took a loaner. Got home and found an apology letter from Honda admitting a problem and offering to pay for replaced batteries. Very frustrating since I drove a regular Civic previous to this hybrid and had no issues after 17 years. Dealership swears they won't put this car on the lot. Buyers, beware!"

Really great car! Comfortable and reliable!

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, comforatable, good pick-up."

Cons: "None except sun visor defect."

"Bought this car in 2012 when it was four years old. Had to have the sun visors replaced twice as there was a defect but dealer paid for this. The battery died about two years ago and I had that replaced and then the air went out summer of 2014 but it did not cost much to repair it. Other than, that it as been just typical oil and filter changes. Overall, a great car. The new Civics are much nicer and bigger than the really old Civics."

excellent car no collisions

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "excellent vehicle"

Cons: "has all a vehicle would need"

"Bought new has been serviced every 3000 miles with synthetic oil and filter trans oil changed every 6000 miles with honda synthetic fluid 3 quarts every 6000 miles holds six quarts. minor hood chips. car has tinted windows new micheline tires 60000 mile rating"

takes a lickin and keeps on tickin

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "cost of ownership, mpg, maintanance"

Cons: "Road noise, low ground clearance"

"I've never had such an easy car you just oil it gas it and go. It got me through 2 college degrees, a marriage, new job, and new baby. I decided to get an suv since we are growing a family and mostly due to my husband wanted to get me a bigger vehicle. Otherwise, the 9 year old car runs fine. I replaced an alternator and starter but nothing else. Took me 30 minutes to pick this car out and buy it. I got in and immediately said this car is so comfortable. Roomy back seat and just fun to drive. I think it's still got a whole lot of life left even after 200k miles."

Excellent & dependable vehicle; fun to drive.

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"My 2006 Civic Navi has been trouble-free over nine & a half years & 73,000 miles. For a completely new model (when I purchased the car), my car had no design or functional flaws. The only downside has been that the mileage (29+ m. p. g. over all the years) has been a bit less than I had hoped."

Best small car on the road

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

"Never had a problem with car and still drives great"

Favorite coupe car I've ever owned!

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

"I love my red sporty car--handles better than all the coupes I've owned (80's and 90's Celicas and even my old used late 60's Mustangs from many years ago). It's a wonderful three season car. Only drawback I have with the car is that it's not practical for New England winters, very low to the ground in clearance. (However, this year any vehicle with less than all-wheel drive wasn't worth a darn in the snow and ice and potholes we have here…)"

Another great Honda!

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

"I've owned six different Hondas over a period of 30 years. This Civic is the best one so far. Great looks, excellent handling, roomy interior (I'm 6'2"), great displays, and refined ergonomics. The engine and transmission are well matched to the car. I sold Hondas and Acuras for three years, and I told my customers that even if they paid full MSRP (which rarely happened), they were getting a great value. Resale on this Civic is higher than most cars. In case you think I'm still a Honda salesperson, I'm not. Spent most of my adult life as an elementary school teacher."

Reliable and low cost of ownership

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "Road Noise, rear power locks"

"I bought this car in 2006 and it's now 8 years old. I'm pretty pleased with it and have had no major mechanical issues. It's basically a "point and shoot" vehicle. Cost of ownership has been in line with what I expected when I researched the car before I purchased it. Repair costs could probably be even lower since nearly all the work was done at the dealership. The car gets great gas mileage. Even at 8 years old, it still can get 48MPG on the freeway while driving consistently at 60MPH. Normal driving however is more like 36 highway and 23 city. I like the large windshield and it has decent legroom for a subcompact. Some people don't like the "digital" readout on the dashboard, but I'm fond of it. The trunk has a lot of space and is even more practical with the split rear seating. Road noise is a problem but I drown it out with the radio--this isn't a luxury vehicle. I don't care for the Daytime running lamps either--they'll turn on if the accessories are on and the parking brake isn't engaged. The most frustrating thing with the car has been the rear power locks-they've already been replaced twice. I have gone through two sets of brakes and the sway bar link broke recently. Other than that there have been no major issues--certainly none with the engine, pumps, transmission, or suspension (other than the swaybar link). I'm just an average driver and compared to may last car, the Civic is very responsive, fun to drive and reliable. It has a relatively low cost of ownership and should be a hassle free experience as long as you keep up with the maintenance."

Honda quality and durability are gone!

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Handles nice"

Cons: "Worst of the 4 Hondas owned!"

"I have owned 4 Honda vehicles - this will be my last. I would rather drive my 1998 Civic because I don't know what will go wrong next with this one. Wind shield wiper motor after 30 months, sun visors that deformed from heat, AC unit had to be replaced, starter had to be replaced, interior finished on steering wheel wore off in 4 years, HVAC lite buttons almost all out. Sad but my 1998 has only needed a catalytic converter at 230,000 miles."

Everything I wanted/hoped in 140k miles

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Great price/value and very economical"

Cons: "Sun Visor melted--that's it"

"I knew I was going to be driving a lot and wanted and reliable but comfortable car that was economic to drive. This EX civic met every expectation I had."

Very nice vehicle with many miles left on it.

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, price, easy to drive."

Cons: "body dents, back seat leg room."

"You would not be making a mistake to buy."

Great Commuter Car

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Reason: Totaled

Pros: "Reliability, Fuel Economy, Handling, Safety"

Cons: "Fit/Finish, Cosmetic Issues, Motor Mounts"

After the car was hit head on at 35 MPH, airbag deployed, State Farm deemed it a total loss.

"We bought our 2009 Honda Civic LX in June of 2010 with 30,000 miles on it. It replaced a 1996 Toyota Camry that had well over 225,000 miles on it. I put over 120,000 miles on it in 4.5 years. I was planning on keeping it for at least 5 more years, but I was hit head on at 35 mph by a girl that ran a red light, totaling the car. I walked away from the accident unharmed, as the airbag and seatbelt protected me. Over the course of 120,000 miles, the only major service performed was replacing the motor mounts at 110,00 miles which seemed a little premature, but a $300 service for 120,000 miles is nothing. Other that that, I put on 2 new sets of front brakes and 2 new sets of tires over the time I had it. I was very surprised at how well the car drove for such a basic econobox. Crisp handling, good steering feel, great fuel economy (always 31+ even with Max A/C and 35+ no A/C highway driving), safety, reliability, smooth transmission. Good car for basic transportation! Only complaint is the premature motor mount failure and fit/finish issues. The black trim outside on the window frames faded and peeled, chrome Honda logo on steering wheel tarnished, grip on steering wheel peeled off, sun visors broke 4 times, hubcaps peeled, weatherstripping around doors did not fit properly. But all those issues were purely cosmetic and did not affect the drivability of the car."

A very dependable car.2006 Honda CIVIC EX

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "great mileage and good commuter car"

Cons: "50,000 mi. and a cracked engine block."

"The only issue I have with the car is it started leaking water back in Nov. of 2014.The engine had 50,166 mile. I took it to a couple of local shops hoping to get the problem recitified. They were unable to locate the problem. I took it to the Honda dealer and they found a cracked block. I was told the car was out of warranty but "Honda had decided to extend the warranty and replace the engine". I was very thankful and it has been humming along for 2 monthes now. It concerns me a little that I ddin't get the 1/2 million miles out of engine but Honda was right there to back me up."

awesome car - best feature 360 degree visibility

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "see my comments above"

Cons: "smaller wheel base for snow not as good -"

"everything was awesome, i wanted manual windows because in RI she might not start because of the battery so i could still get in and drive if anything battery powered did not work. also Amazing 360 degree visibility which more than once kept me safe on the highway :)"

Never broken down, looks futuristic and great mpg

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "responsive, spacious engine bay, reliable!"

Cons: "Dash guages are offset from driver's view a little"

"Car is extremely reliable, parts are affordable and available. car was in accident and was repaired and still looks and runs excellent. it's my 2nd civic and still has never failed me. More reliable than my Audi!"

Some body work needed.

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Cons: "."

"Great second car."

Fun to drive and very good mpg

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

"Fun to drive and very good mpg"

Loudest car I've ever driven.

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "Reliable. Not one hiccup in four years."

Cons: "Just not fun to drive."

"I must say I never thought I'd dislike a reliable fuel efficient car so much, just because of how loud it is. Driving it is absolutely aggravating, I always crank up the music when I'm alone, so as not to hear the road noise, but when I have a passenger, I don't play music, and still can't have a conversation without raising our voices to overcome the road noise. I can't wait to trade it in."