2009 Honda Civic

Based on 1894 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

2011 civic si coupe

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "sporty"

Cons: "3rd gear"

"I wanted one of these when they first came out. I had to buy an SUV first so i got the last model year.I really love the handeling and the power this car makes.The back seats are surprizingly roomy and my three small chidren fit comfortably in the back. They actualy like the civic better than the SUV.The big dissapointment came when i started having the infamous 3rd gear issue. Some days it grinds and some days it pops out of gear. I took the car to honda and they said they could not see anything wrong. The problem is that it is not a contstant issue happens randomly. Im verry frustrated by this. Im going to have to wait untill it grinds all the time before i take it back i guess. Bottom line is i wish i did more reserch."

Extremely reliable, love this car.

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Very Reliable"

Cons: "Passenger side visor is faulty."

"Owned from 40K miles to 183K. Only had to change brakes and a battery, nothing more. My only complaint is the gas mileage started dropping after 100K, but it probably just needs a tune up."

Best car choice iv'e ever made

By on Saturday, June 4, 2016

"This car is undoubtedly the best car purchase ive made. I bought it new in 2007, and at 220000 miles, it still runs like the day i purchased it. -Hardly any repairs but... -My A/C quit around 2013 -The left side of my car stereo died in 2014, so i only have half a stereo -Great on gas, has never burned oil -Quiet -Hubcaps are starting to peel off(They are plastic though) -Had to get it repainted once Overall a great car, i am giving this one to my son, because no trade in would match the value this car holds. At 9 years old, this car is as reliable and feul efficient as it was when i first bought it."

Good value overall

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Practical, efficient"

Cons: "loud, poor fit and finish inside"

"This has been a daily driver for 8 years. Overall, it has been a very reliable little car, with a few fit and finish exceptions. Fuel economy is good, and the driving position is very comfortable. This car is quite loud from road noise, though, and it feels less substantial than a car such as the Chevy Cruze or VW Jetta. I would shop around more thoroughly before buying another, but this is a practical if not always enjoyable vehicle."

'07' Civic Hybrid

By on Sunday, April 22, 2007

"I've been fairly impressed with the form, fit, and function of the car so far. It is also roomy enough for a small family of four to go places in and not worry about the price of fuel. I really like the ride of the car for it's size. I like a bigger car and I usually drive a truck so this seems to hug the road very well for a smaller vehicle and the power isn't amazing, but it is very adequate."

Everything I wanted/hoped in 140k miles

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Great price/value and very economical"

Cons: "Sun Visor melted--that's it"

"I knew I was going to be driving a lot and wanted and reliable but comfortable car that was economic to drive. This EX civic met every expectation I had."

some drawbacks

By on Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"dependable and stylish, the civic coupe has a couple of negatives..the ride is very stiff/sportscar like. and the paint died at 4 years. contacted Honda and they told me my paint color (grey) did not qualify for repaint."

Great Overall Small Car

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Great Mileage, Fun to drive, Great overall car!"

Cons: "Squeaks in the plastic interior."

"I purchased this car in order to get great mileage, and it does just that for my commute. I am super pleased with it. I am on my second set of tires, which wear nice and evenly. The engine does not eat oil(I measure), I do change it every 4000 miles. The car has a few squeaks that drive me nuts in the plastic interior pieces. I sold a pickup for this car and I went from 10 mpg diesel to an average or 33mpg! I use the coupe as a truck and it handles all the stuff I can get in it. My highway mileage is right around 37 mpg. Honda has been great for me and my extended family. I without a doubt expect at least another 200,000 miles until a trade in will occur. The last honda made it to 280,000 with VERY minimal repairs."

My experience

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Looks, dependable, fun to drive"

Cons: "rear suspension"

"I bought this vehicle new in December of 07'. It was the first new vehicle I have ever purchased. It has been a very fun and dependable vehicle to me besides one sore spot. It likes to eat tires in it's stock form unless you drive aggressively. I had to buy adjustable upper control arms to fix this problem. After about 10k miles the tread would start to cup and ruin the tire. Mechanically I have no complaints, the drive train is solid. I do have the occasional 3rd gear slip but nothing to get too excited about. I do wish I would have bought the base civic for the better gas mileage. I am 6'2" and am fairly comfortable in it, it does have a lot of road noise but I didnt buy the car for cabin refinement, I bought it because of the dependability, gas mileage (33 on highway for me)and the fun factor. Drive this car like you stole it and it can move."

Flawless (outside of snow)

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"I'll put it to you this way: I wanted to upgrade to a better car so I went to test drive a BMW 3 series and a Cadillac CTS. While both had more than twice the horsepower and other ridiculous enhancements, NEITHER WAS BETTER THAN MY LITTLE HONDA! Awesome stuff: -Accelerator is super responsive! <---biggest difference between my Honda and the "big boys" -Digital speedometer looks super cool! -Tons of room: for a smaller sedan, the civic is quite spacious, at least for the front 2 seats. The dashboard and windshield have a unique shape and angle that I've never seen before. This puts them an extra foot away from the driver, make it feel even more spacious. -Gas mileage: the lowest I ever got was ~22, the highest I got was ~34. absolutely cannot complain about the efficiency there. Not so fun: -FWD: this really means one wheel has all the power, and the other 3 are just following. In the snow (which I see a lot of), this is bad. I've never crashed in it, though, so it can't be that bad. -<150 horsepower 4 cylinder: you get what you pay for I suppose. It will climb any hill, but it might take a few extra seconds than the giant SUV next to you (still faster than a semi though...) The bottom line: If you're looking for a car in this price range, there can't possibly be anything better. Just drive it once, just once. You will be absolutely hooked! (I had to abandon my dreams of owning a BMW because of my Honda addiction...)"

A Great Car!

By on Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pros: "Great looking, great reliability, fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish they had leather seats available in 2006"

"Purchased this new in 2006, when it was Motor Trend Car of the Year. The car still looks like new, except for some minor wear and tear on the seats and door panels. The car seems to run better and better as it ages, and is now more peppy on and off the freeways. We rented a new Chevy Cruze LT last year and were so happy to get back in our Civic after returning home from the airport. Numerous people have expressed admiration for the way it looks, and wonder if it's for sale. Probably will keep it for another 10 years at this rate. It's bulletproof."

Reliable and low cost of ownership

By on Monday, March 2, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "Road Noise, rear power locks"

"I bought this car in 2006 and it's now 8 years old. I'm pretty pleased with it and have had no major mechanical issues. It's basically a "point and shoot" vehicle. Cost of ownership has been in line with what I expected when I researched the car before I purchased it. Repair costs could probably be even lower since nearly all the work was done at the dealership. The car gets great gas mileage. Even at 8 years old, it still can get 48MPG on the freeway while driving consistently at 60MPH. Normal driving however is more like 36 highway and 23 city. I like the large windshield and it has decent legroom for a subcompact. Some people don't like the "digital" readout on the dashboard, but I'm fond of it. The trunk has a lot of space and is even more practical with the split rear seating. Road noise is a problem but I drown it out with the radio--this isn't a luxury vehicle. I don't care for the Daytime running lamps either--they'll turn on if the accessories are on and the parking brake isn't engaged. The most frustrating thing with the car has been the rear power locks-they've already been replaced twice. I have gone through two sets of brakes and the sway bar link broke recently. Other than that there have been no major issues--certainly none with the engine, pumps, transmission, or suspension (other than the swaybar link). I'm just an average driver and compared to may last car, the Civic is very responsive, fun to drive and reliable. It has a relatively low cost of ownership and should be a hassle free experience as long as you keep up with the maintenance."

Love Honda

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"I've owned this car for the last five years I bought it brand new so i am the only owner. I lovee this car it's extremely reliable and provides great comfort. Also, it's very sporty and stylish. However, A few things that have bothered me is the inside of the car tends to scratch easily and also it is hard to see the front end of the car. Otherwise, this is a great, reliable car. Drives very smooth too."

Good car. But paint problems have been painful

By on Saturday, August 3, 2013

"We bought this si brand new and it has been very good to us. But the paint problems for us and many other civic owners has been quite embarrassing."

Excelent

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Acceleration, comfort, mpg, attention getter :)"

Cons: "Lack of aftermarket"

Just a real beauty. :)

"I bought my '07 Civic Ex w/ Nav ( <- Rare ) about 4 months ago. Although that is a very short time, I'm still just as in love with it as I was when I found it. The factory nav is very stylish and looks much better than the stock stereo. The premium sound system isn't stellar, but it is definitely a good starter. Being 17, my insurance is quite high though ($187/month). The exterior of the car is what started to draw me in, but once i got in and sat down, it was hard to pull myself away from it. The gauge cluster is really a love it or hate it design with the electronic speedo right in front of you, and the tac down lower. I, personally, loved it from first sight. But, looks can't determine the whole purchase. The test drive was the real seller. Seeing as how the whole car is electronically controlled, the pedals are extremely sensitive. It's extremely smooth at any speed. Pushing 80 on cruise control and feel like you're riding a cloud. The acceleration is great, but not too much. It'll get right up and go with a 0-60 at about 7 seconds. Which is just fine by me, wanting anymore would make you upgrade to the SI. The gas mileage is just fantastic, i'm averaging at 30 mpg with more city than highway. The highest ive had is about 36 with 90% highway. With proper care and maintenance, this car will last for a very long time. In my honest personal opinion, this sporty little car is perfect for younger people who don't want to spend a ton of cash on a decent, long lasting car. Plus it's a Honda. You can't go wrong with this well established brand."

Just a real beauty. :)

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "low price, fun to drive, efficient"

Cons: "cheap cpt, door locks, wheels scratch easily"

"Only a couple of complaints. The carpets mats are quite flimsy and are made of cheap materials -- which show wear. Also, 2 of the automatic door locks quit working last Summer. Honda dealer said they could see what was wrong -- but it would cost a lot, since they would be taking off the door panels. Overall tho, I love this car, and I have owned a lot of cars in my day. Dependable, efficient, comfortable, easy, cute. What more could one ask for?"

Love It

By on Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Stylish, Great Gas Mileage"

Cons: "It's a 4cyl so you are not going to get fast speed"

"Best Vehicle I have Owned, I just recently traded-In my Honda Odyssey (I loved that as well) but the Gas was killing me !!! So I decided to purchase a 2008 Honda Civic, Well that was one of the best decision I ever made about a car:) Rides Great and I'm loving that a full tank of gas last me about a week and a half and that's with me going to work Monday-Friday (25-30miles)."

Second Civic First Si

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "fast for 4cylinder and for the mpg, handling"

Cons: "not so spacious in the back"

"I initially purchased the 07 civic ex in 2007 and I loved it. I got great gas mileage, it was a flashy car, hugged the road amazingly, just all around a great car. I really wanted the si version of it though, so a year later I traded it for the 08 si and I love it just as much as the ex. BUT it is much faster, an extra 30 hp and when the vtech kicks in it's a nice extra boost. I have almost 140k on this and the most I have had to replace was brakes, rotors, and tires. Hondas are truely amazing cars."

Makes a great first car

By on Friday, December 7, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, economical"

Cons: "Backseat leg room"

"I got the 2009 Civic coupe EX as a first car a few months ago. I had wanted something more luxurious, but for now the most practical vehicle for me is this one. It feels like it could never break down. It always starts on the first turn of the key, never makes any strange noises, and just the feel of the basic buttons and knobs makes you think they're going to last a million years. It's very easy to drive, park, and take care of. Might not be a Mercedes, but it is a marvel of engineering. The ONLY thing I would change about the car is the instrument panel. If you turn on the lights, the panel dims, and this can strain your eyes in the early morning or evening."

This is the best car that I have had.

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Lack of storage space."

"I am totally impressed with this car. I am getting between 30-38 Miles a gallon and the only thing that I have had to do is replace the brakes and get a new key other than normal maintenance. I would recommend this car to anyone."

Fun car so far.

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, Fun to drive, Cool design, Trunk spac"

Cons: "No cup holders in back, makes a rattle"

"I just got a 2009 Honda Civic about 3 weeks ago. I owned a chevy Malibu before this Honda and I'm happier with the Honda. It hasnt been a long time with the Civic but I enjoy the car very much so far. The interior seems different and decent (seen better, seen worse) but for the price of the car its good. The drive to the car is smooth and fun. The longest drive I have done in it so far was 2 hours with no stops. The ride was fine and comfortable. The only thing I really hate is that sometimes the back of the car makes a ratteling noise but I knew it made that noise going into the deal. I also know a lot of people who own civics and they all said they have not had problems with the car. So far I am pretty impressed with the car and its a good deal compared to what else is out there in the price range."

Fantastic Car In All Areas

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Quality, Fast"

Cons: "No Cons"

"The Honda Civic Si is one of the best cars on the market. It is a go-kart disguised as a sedan, so much fun to drive, 6-speed close ratio manual transmission, great suspension, Honda reliability means it will last forever, great price, great gas mileage, very utilitarian, people will be so jealous of you if you own this car!"

Worst Honda Ever

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Replaced 3 sets of tires within 50K miles. Honda refuses to fix the rear end suspension problems ..."

Awesome

By on Sunday, May 13, 2007

"I have driven the NSX and this car blows it away in handling and acceleration. I can't believe how much power it has left, even in fifth gear. It is like getting a race car for a little over $20,000. What a great value, looks good and can race just about anything out there. At 145 mph, she rides smooth and handles great."

Great work car

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Pros: "No mechanical/engine problem,new brakes good tires"

Cons: "Needs paint & dents repaired, console latch repair"

"Excellent work car, good air conditioning new brakes(3/2016)great mileage. I am only owner. I bought this car new. Retired, no longer need a work car. Good tires"