2009 Honda Civic

Based on 1851 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Everything I wanted/hoped in 140k miles

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Great price/value and very economical"

Cons: "Sun Visor melted--that's it"

"I knew I was going to be driving a lot and wanted and reliable but comfortable car that was economic to drive. This EX civic met every expectation I had."

Good value overall

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Practical, efficient"

Cons: "loud, poor fit and finish inside"

"This has been a daily driver for 8 years. Overall, it has been a very reliable little car, with a few fit and finish exceptions. Fuel economy is good, and the driving position is very comfortable. This car is quite loud from road noise, though, and it feels less substantial than a car such as the Chevy Cruze or VW Jetta. I would shop around more thoroughly before buying another, but this is a practical if not always enjoyable vehicle."

some drawbacks

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

"dependable and stylish, the civic coupe has a couple of negatives..the ride is very stiff/sportscar like. and the paint died at 4 years. contacted Honda and they told me my paint color (grey) did not qualify for repaint."

Good car. But paint problems have been painful

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

"We bought this si brand new and it has been very good to us. But the paint problems for us and many other civic owners has been quite embarrassing."

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "low price, fun to drive, efficient"

Cons: "cheap cpt, door locks, wheels scratch easily"

"Only a couple of complaints. The carpets mats are quite flimsy and are made of cheap materials -- which show wear. Also, 2 of the automatic door locks quit working last Summer. Honda dealer said they could see what was wrong -- but it would cost a lot, since they would be taking off the door panels. Overall tho, I love this car, and I have owned a lot of cars in my day. Dependable, efficient, comfortable, easy, cute. What more could one ask for?"

Makes a great first car

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, economical"

Cons: "Backseat leg room"

"I got the 2009 Civic coupe EX as a first car a few months ago. I had wanted something more luxurious, but for now the most practical vehicle for me is this one. It feels like it could never break down. It always starts on the first turn of the key, never makes any strange noises, and just the feel of the basic buttons and knobs makes you think they're going to last a million years. It's very easy to drive, park, and take care of. Might not be a Mercedes, but it is a marvel of engineering. The ONLY thing I would change about the car is the instrument panel. If you turn on the lights, the panel dims, and this can strain your eyes in the early morning or evening."

Great Overall Small Car

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Great Mileage, Fun to drive, Great overall car!"

Cons: "Squeaks in the plastic interior."

"I purchased this car in order to get great mileage, and it does just that for my commute. I am super pleased with it. I am on my second set of tires, which wear nice and evenly. The engine does not eat oil(I measure), I do change it every 4000 miles. The car has a few squeaks that drive me nuts in the plastic interior pieces. I sold a pickup for this car and I went from 10 mpg diesel to an average or 33mpg! I use the coupe as a truck and it handles all the stuff I can get in it. My highway mileage is right around 37 mpg. Honda has been great for me and my extended family. I without a doubt expect at least another 200,000 miles until a trade in will occur. The last honda made it to 280,000 with VERY minimal repairs."

This is the best car that I have had.

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Lack of storage space."

"I am totally impressed with this car. I am getting between 30-38 Miles a gallon and the only thing that I have had to do is replace the brakes and get a new key other than normal maintenance. I would recommend this car to anyone."

Fun car so far.

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, Fun to drive, Cool design, Trunk spac"

Cons: "No cup holders in back, makes a rattle"

"I just got a 2009 Honda Civic about 3 weeks ago. I owned a chevy Malibu before this Honda and I'm happier with the Honda. It hasnt been a long time with the Civic but I enjoy the car very much so far. The interior seems different and decent (seen better, seen worse) but for the price of the car its good. The drive to the car is smooth and fun. The longest drive I have done in it so far was 2 hours with no stops. The ride was fine and comfortable. The only thing I really hate is that sometimes the back of the car makes a ratteling noise but I knew it made that noise going into the deal. I also know a lot of people who own civics and they all said they have not had problems with the car. So far I am pretty impressed with the car and its a good deal compared to what else is out there in the price range."

Extremely reliable, love this car.

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Very Reliable"

Cons: "Passenger side visor is faulty."

"Owned from 40K miles to 183K. Only had to change brakes and a battery, nothing more. My only complaint is the gas mileage started dropping after 100K, but it probably just needs a tune up."