2009 Honda Civic

Based on 1792 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Wish I bought a different model

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "manual locks"

"Great on gas and reliable. Interior design is fair to poor,in my opinion. Front seats are not so comfortable and headrests are poorly positioned. Steering wheel blocks view of odometer. Must lean forward to see cars on left side as design blocks your view. Design also blocks view in rear corners. Manual locks are a pain! I LOVE Honda's reliability, but this model's design has a lot to be desired. Wish I kept my Saturn...will probably trade in for a different Honda model."

economical and reliable

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "economical, fun to drive"

Cons: "low ground clearance, donut spare"

"Bought this with intentions of wearing it out. Have to replace it with something with an automatic transmission because my wife is having problems shifting gears. It has gotten 43 mpg typically. The mileage drops to the rated 36 mpg only when the AC is operating. It has required nothing beyond normal maintenance in the 40kmiles we have owned it. Two negatives: My wife's only objection is the low ground clearance; she calls it her snowplow in the winter. We don't care for the artificial spare tire because we live a significant distance from the big name tire dealers. We replaced it with a full-size spare, which does not fit well in the trunk."

Awsome Cars

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Easy going"

"These cars are very easy going..."

A real disappointment!

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

"Hybrid battery started to die while still under warrantee, but held out until just after. (Honda did reimburse replacement cost as result of a class action suit.) Steering is sloppy; brakes are erratic. Acceleration varies immensely depending on the charge status of the hybrid battery. Seats are uncomfortable (cut off circulation behind the knees and force me to hold me head forward, not upright). Visors would not stay in place and eventually fell to pieces. Highway mileage is much worse than commute mileage."

Great startup car!

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Reason: upgrade

Pros: "Gas mileage, agility, reliable"

Cons: "road noise, engine power"

"As a startup car, this Honda Civic is really the way to go. Gas mileage is incredible, as 34+ mpg mixed is a norm even with traffic. It is also agile enough for driving in crowded place. I like the handling and comfort on making any turns. There were no problems at all for any important part of the car after 7 years of ownership. The only issue is the documented sun visor problem, which can be replaced at dealership at no cost. Two major cons are unavoidable with this car. First, the engine is not powerful for those who like to accelerate fast (mine was a LX version). Secondly, this car is not designated for quiet drive. However, as a startup car, these are not the major factors for consideration."