2008 Honda Civic

Based on 1764 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Love this car

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"Gas mileage is great, pick up is good, love the safety features"

gas mileage

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"This car has an awesome handling and stability in freeways with the 80 mph cruising with everydy 100 miles roundtrip to work-home. Very reliable specially with the gas mileage on an average of 35-36 miles/gallon. This is very recommendable for long work distance driving."

Great hadling highway econocar

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"I have had the 06 5 speed Civic for over a year 29000 miles.I bought it for the gas mileage and the better quality feeling I had on the test drive after driving everything else with over 30 MPG.I was looking for something a little cheaper but after driving this it became my only choice.It is unfortunate honda doesnt put Air Conditioning on the Base models to bring down the price.It has proven reliable (had one problem bad sunvisor).I liked the handling when new but I was amazed by the cornering with some identical sized Perelli replacements exceptional handling.Fuel milage is about 35 including mountain and highway driving.around 30 in the city.The engine has to be ran at 2500 RPM and above to maintain climbing power in the mountains which takes some getting used too.The only drawback with the Civic is insurance is more then comparable econo cars .Important if you have teen drivers to insure.I would recomend this car for its mileage ,handling and safety."

Nearly Perfect

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"I purchased an '07 with the 5 speed manual transmission nearly a year ago and have had no complaints. Probably the best vehicle purchase I have ever made. We were looking for a second car to use as our "get the kids to practice" vehicle, and narrowed the field to either the Civic, Mazda 3 or Hyundai Sonata. We quickly eliminated the Sonata based on the fact that (knowing myself oh-to-well), I would have bought the V6 and thus negated the improved gas mileage we were looking for. That left us with the M3 and the Civic. After test driving both vehicles, my wife and I agreed that the Civic just felt better, both in regards to interior space and handling. We opted for the Ex model in a 5-speed manual and haven't looked back. We absolutely love this car. There is an amazing amount of space inside the car (it almost qualifies as a mid-size), and the trunk is big enough for my daughter's softball bag (full of catcher's gear), two guitars, three folding chairs and whatever else we want to put in there. In short, the trunk is surprisingly large. Handling is amazing. I would have to agree with the reviewer who said this car handles like it is on rails. It holds the road well and has plenty of pick-up when you drop it down a gear or two. After nearly 22,000 miles (it is quickly becoming our primary vehicle due to it's great mileage and the fact that it is just plain fun to drive), we have no complaints. I would highly recommend the Civic to anyone looking for a car in this class. Hold on, I DO have one complaint. I wish the Si trim package had been available in the sedan when I purchased my Civic. The 147 horses in the Ex is nice, and accelerates well, but 197 horses in a package this size? Sweet. (The dang thing became available a month after I bought my Ex. Had I known, I would have waited...)"

See if you qualify for