2008 Honda Civic

Based on 1873 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

AVOID THE HYBRID

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "styling was nice"

Cons: "noisy from road rumble."

"Bought out my lease and at 92000 miles the hybrid battery needs replaced. $3300. They have a required computer update that drops the mileage below what a regular gas civic gets. Buying a hybrid honda makes no sense what-so-ever. Before the battery fried I was only getting 34mpg."

Extremely reliable, love this car.

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Very Reliable"

Cons: "Passenger side visor is faulty."

"Owned from 40K miles to 183K. Only had to change brakes and a battery, nothing more. My only complaint is the gas mileage started dropping after 100K, but it probably just needs a tune up."

My experience

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Looks, dependable, fun to drive"

Cons: "rear suspension"

"I bought this vehicle new in December of 07'. It was the first new vehicle I have ever purchased. It has been a very fun and dependable vehicle to me besides one sore spot. It likes to eat tires in it's stock form unless you drive aggressively. I had to buy adjustable upper control arms to fix this problem. After about 10k miles the tread would start to cup and ruin the tire. Mechanically I have no complaints, the drive train is solid. I do have the occasional 3rd gear slip but nothing to get too excited about. I do wish I would have bought the base civic for the better gas mileage. I am 6'2" and am fairly comfortable in it, it does have a lot of road noise but I didnt buy the car for cabin refinement, I bought it because of the dependability, gas mileage (33 on highway for me)and the fun factor. Drive this car like you stole it and it can move."

Saved my life

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I owned one of these for two years before I got t-boned, driver's door, by an SUV doing 35 mph that had ran a red light. Side-curtain and side-torso air bags deployed. Impaction of my car was about 12 inches, but I barely had a scratch on me. I know all new cars are safer these days but it really shows on this Civic! No problems at all in 2 years of ownership. Hyper-miled for 2/3 of a tank, with the other 1/3 city driving with A/C on and I still got 36 MPG about a week before the wreck. Insurance totaled the car for only $500 below what I paid for it (2 years old, 28k miles). Held it's value extremely well. EX, sedan. Steering and power are better than average for a sporty, small sedan. Ride is a little bit loud, but not bad. Interior styling is simply wonderful, or maybe it's wonderfully simple? Steering mounted audio and cruise controls. Two-tiered instrument panel is AMAZING. Love having the speedo and fuel up higher. Seats are comfortable, head and leg room are great. I got sore on extended drives but that was probably my poor posture. Bottom line: After 2 years of ownership I had the chance to purchase another Civic or something comparable, and I bought a Civic."

Everything I wanted/hoped in 140k miles

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Great price/value and very economical"

Cons: "Sun Visor melted--that's it"

"I knew I was going to be driving a lot and wanted and reliable but comfortable car that was economic to drive. This EX civic met every expectation I had."