2008 Honda Civic

Based on 1862 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Drive it hard for most reward.

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Looks cool."

Cons: "Cheap materials fail prematurely."

"Goods: Fun to drive hard. Can tow 2000 pound trailer with ease although not rated for that. Seats are great. Love the styling though spoiler on any street driven car is a joke. Others: Hard to drive smoothly when you want to just take it easy. A/C weak when stopped in 90 degree heat in slow and go traffic. Sun visors self destruct. Both have been replaced multiple times at $75 each. Third gear faulty from factory; replaced under warranty. Water pump went out at 30,000 miles. Valve adjustment a nightmare for mechanic, probably won't get it right the first time. Poor design of w/s washer container cap. If not firmly closed, it will be lost in traffic. Oil change a hassle if no lift available. Must jack up pass side and remove wheel to access oil filter. Stereo is great when playing CDs but radio reception is weak due to no mast antenna. Shifter boot self destructed twice due to poor materials used."

Overall car is reliable with 1 major problem

By on Thursday, June 04, 2015

Pros: "Good gas mileage, roomy and excellent trunk space."

Cons: "A bit over priced and rear-end problem"

"The car has been overall reliable. I purchased the vehicle new and have only had to replace the battery, and the starter. However, I also had to replace the tension pulley for the serpentine belt. I later found out that there was a recall for this problem on 2006 Honda Civics. I have one major complaint of the vehicle. I understand that on some 2006 Honda Civics there was a problem with the rear stabilizer bars and/or suspension causing the rear tires to wear unevenly. The rear tires would eventually make a roaring or grinding noise, not to mention the severe uneven tire wear."

AVOID THE HYBRID

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "styling was nice"

Cons: "noisy from road rumble."

"Bought out my lease and at 92000 miles the hybrid battery needs replaced. $3300. They have a required computer update that drops the mileage below what a regular gas civic gets. Buying a hybrid honda makes no sense what-so-ever. Before the battery fried I was only getting 34mpg."

My experience

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Looks, dependable, fun to drive"

Cons: "rear suspension"

"I bought this vehicle new in December of 07'. It was the first new vehicle I have ever purchased. It has been a very fun and dependable vehicle to me besides one sore spot. It likes to eat tires in it's stock form unless you drive aggressively. I had to buy adjustable upper control arms to fix this problem. After about 10k miles the tread would start to cup and ruin the tire. Mechanically I have no complaints, the drive train is solid. I do have the occasional 3rd gear slip but nothing to get too excited about. I do wish I would have bought the base civic for the better gas mileage. I am 6'2" and am fairly comfortable in it, it does have a lot of road noise but I didnt buy the car for cabin refinement, I bought it because of the dependability, gas mileage (33 on highway for me)and the fun factor. Drive this car like you stole it and it can move."

Everything I wanted/hoped in 140k miles

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Great price/value and very economical"

Cons: "Sun Visor melted--that's it"

"I knew I was going to be driving a lot and wanted and reliable but comfortable car that was economic to drive. This EX civic met every expectation I had."