2008 Honda Civic

Based on 1835 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Another great Honda!

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

"I've owned six different Hondas over a period of 30 years. This Civic is the best one so far. Great looks, excellent handling, roomy interior (I'm 6'2"), great displays, and refined ergonomics. The engine and transmission are well matched to the car. I sold Hondas and Acuras for three years, and I told my customers that even if they paid full MSRP (which rarely happened), they were getting a great value. Resale on this Civic is higher than most cars. In case you think I'm still a Honda salesperson, I'm not. Spent most of my adult life as an elementary school teacher."

Reliable and low cost of ownership

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "Road Noise, rear power locks"

"I bought this car in 2006 and it's now 8 years old. I'm pretty pleased with it and have had no major mechanical issues. It's basically a "point and shoot" vehicle. Cost of ownership has been in line with what I expected when I researched the car before I purchased it. Repair costs could probably be even lower since nearly all the work was done at the dealership. The car gets great gas mileage. Even at 8 years old, it still can get 48MPG on the freeway while driving consistently at 60MPH. Normal driving however is more like 36 highway and 23 city. I like the large windshield and it has decent legroom for a subcompact. Some people don't like the "digital" readout on the dashboard, but I'm fond of it. The trunk has a lot of space and is even more practical with the split rear seating. Road noise is a problem but I drown it out with the radio--this isn't a luxury vehicle. I don't care for the Daytime running lamps either--they'll turn on if the accessories are on and the parking brake isn't engaged. The most frustrating thing with the car has been the rear power locks-they've already been replaced twice. I have gone through two sets of brakes and the sway bar link broke recently. Other than that there have been no major issues--certainly none with the engine, pumps, transmission, or suspension (other than the swaybar link). I'm just an average driver and compared to may last car, the Civic is very responsive, fun to drive and reliable. It has a relatively low cost of ownership and should be a hassle free experience as long as you keep up with the maintenance."

Honda quality and durability are gone!

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Handles nice"

Cons: "Worst of the 4 Hondas owned!"

"I have owned 4 Honda vehicles - this will be my last. I would rather drive my 1998 Civic because I don't know what will go wrong next with this one. Wind shield wiper motor after 30 months, sun visors that deformed from heat, AC unit had to be replaced, starter had to be replaced, interior finished on steering wheel wore off in 4 years, HVAC lite buttons almost all out. Sad but my 1998 has only needed a catalytic converter at 230,000 miles."

Everything I wanted/hoped in 140k miles

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Great price/value and very economical"

Cons: "Sun Visor melted--that's it"

"I knew I was going to be driving a lot and wanted and reliable but comfortable car that was economic to drive. This EX civic met every expectation I had."

Very nice vehicle with many miles left on it.

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, price, easy to drive."

Cons: "body dents, back seat leg room."

"You would not be making a mistake to buy."