2008 Honda Civic

Based on 1801 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

DEPENDABLE!!! Basic is very basic...

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, gas mileage, sleakness of the car"

Cons: "Lack of features with the LX, weak stereo"

"Being a poor college graduate student, this car has been extremely reliable and dependable; exactly what I was looking for. Gas mileage is superb and the car drives smoothly. However, I have the LX model which is very limited regarding features. If I was given the opportunity to re-do my purchase I would go for the EX... A little more cash for a lot more features. The unique speedometer area is pretty cool which I like. The sound system is weak."

This car is a good first car.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Affordability, Great Gas Mileage, Compact"

Cons: "Poor Sound Quality for Stereo, Small/Slow engine"

"So I have had the 09 civic for a year now. I bought it in October of 2013. It was the first car I purchased on my own and I was in love for the most part in the beginning. It had a few problems (as any used car would) For example, I had to replace the breaks almost immediately after buying the car. That was a small inconvenience. I still like my car. It is really nice compared to what most young people my age drive. However the main problem I have is that it is a 4 cylinder. The engine is tiny, and therefore the car is slow. That would be the number one issue. The other thing that is likely to annoy you is the sound system that is stock with this car. It is not powerful at all. But, if you don't particularly mind a weak system that doesn't deliver premium sound quality, then you should be fine. Overall this car has been an enjoyable first car, I just am already prepared to move on from it.... and it has only been a year. So maybe that speaks for itself?"

brake is not functional in heavy rain or sown.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"I have been in two troubles . It could not stop normally in sown day or rain. one time I rolled onto lawn to avoided crash. The other I cut off left lane to avoid crashed someone's rear trank of car."

Great vehicle with great mileage

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Cute, great mileage for long drives."

Cons: "Not enough oomph, blind spots"

"Great mileage, but not as good as the manufacturer claims. A little gutless and tinny, but that is common with hybrids and I knew it when I bought it. Still didn't like that I couldn't accelerate a little faster from a stop because it can be a little dangerous to not be able to get out of the way quickly. It lost a little more value in the two and half years since I've owned it and that was pretty disappointing. I thought buying a used vehicle would hedge against loss, but not in this case. I would definitely buy another one, if the power were a little greater in a newer model."

Wish I bought a different model

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "manual locks"

"Great on gas and reliable. Interior design is fair to poor,in my opinion. Front seats are not so comfortable and headrests are poorly positioned. Steering wheel blocks view of odometer. Must lean forward to see cars on left side as design blocks your view. Design also blocks view in rear corners. Manual locks are a pain! I LOVE Honda's reliability, but this model's design has a lot to be desired. Wish I kept my Saturn...will probably trade in for a different Honda model."