2008 Honda Civic

Based on 1725 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

least expensive vehicle we've ever owned

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "extremely well built and reliable"

Cons: "gutless acceleration"

"purchased new at the beginning of the new model (2006 new body style)- totally reliable and other than routine maintenance, this car is the least expensive car we've ever owned. Gas mileage from spring through fall was always 47-49 mpg while winter in MN dropped it to 39-42 mpg. Never had a burned out light bulb and every electronic & mechanical system continues to work flawlessly. It's got a comfortable ride (many 2K - 4K driving trips across country) but it's not so great in the mountains as should be expected with a 1.2 liter engine. Giving it to our daughter & her husband on the expected arrival of another grandchild."

Car has been a lemon since purchased new.

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

"Vehicle was purchased for safety. Car has terrible suspension and is dangerous on bumpy roads. HVAC has been repaired twice and still works on intermittently (including defrosters). Has had new wheel bearings at 23K and 52K, upgraded the suspension (without handling results), HVAC repairs, and car hits parking blocks and destroys front bumper (husband can't seem to be careful pulling into spaces). It is difficult to clean due to long dash. Defrosters, when working, do not clear windows well. Difficult to get in or out without bumping your head."

never needs major repair

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"We have never needed repairs other than regular maintinance. Great milage. Super power. Great looking."

Solid, reliable car with nice design

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"I love Hondas. This is my second Honda, and although I regret leasing it (ended up being underwater with the value of the car since I accrued a lot of miles plus I didn't negotiate the payoff amount which is already way higher than the value of the car), the car itself is great. I like all the controls on the interior, and the exterior has a nice, modern style. My color is urban titanium. The front windshield fogs up easily, and I notice it's hard to find a comfortable medium temp if it's hot or cold outside as turning on the ac or heat acts quickly and then you're either too hot or too cold. Being a civic, it doesn't have much getty-up either. But it makes up for that lack of acceleration with good gas mileage. Also, it's really difficult to park with this car because when you look in the mirrors it appears you're way closer than you actually are. Just a heads up. It's a solid car though and it should go forever. Haven't had any major issues, just had oil changes and new tires."

Well maintained one owner V good shape

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun, good mileage, cute color"

"One owner, bought new and maintained regularly at Honda dealer, no accidents, exterior has a couple minor scratches, interior good, good tires, has been a reliable car that gets good mileage."

This car is exactly what I'm paying for.

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Price, torque, stereo, clutch, visibility, fun."

Cons: "Rough ride (I like it), people dog Civics"

"This car holds it's value well, it's a manual of course, but the iVTEC kicks in at JUST the right time to pass people, without looking like a terrible person. The ride and suspension is incredibly stiff but I prefer It that way, it gives sense to the road and you don't have to worry about hitting a speed bump too fast and bottoming out. The stereo system is astounding and requires no extra work, just to tweak with the settings. The exhaust has a nice growl to it but it's not going to deafen the nearest cars. The look is okay at best from the outside but from the inside this machine looks 5 years heads of its time. I lied to someone and told them it was a 2014 and without question they believed it. Not to mention when you do drive it like a normal human being the car gets amazing mileage without making you go slower than EVERYONE else on the road. Overall, due to how enjoyable the EX trim is, this is the most relaxing and enjoyable car I've owned to date. I've also had; 2001 PT cruiser 5 speed touring edition 1992 300zx TT 5 speed 2007 Pacifica touring edition 2000 coupe Grand Prix GT 1996 3000gt vr-4 2000 mountaineer By far, the 2006 EX civic is my favorite."

HANDLES GREAT

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, dependable, good trunk space"

Cons: "Standard finishes: want more luxury"

"I love driving this car, it is jackrabbit quick from a stop, handles perfectly, always responsive. I've never had any problems with this car, just the routine oil change. It is fairly low mileage for a 2009 because it was garaged for nearly half of each year since we were out of town."

Loyal Honda Owner

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Great Car"

Cons: "civic a little noisy on inside"

"You cannot beat a Honda for quality. Keep the service maintained on the car and it will last a very long time. I have had excellent success with my Hondas. Never had a problem selling one even with lots of miles because they continue to last for years. Compared to other cars the price is also very good. I would like a little more insulation in the civic. It can be a little noisy on the inside. Other than that I have no problems. Have been a long time satisfied Honda owner."

good car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"good to drive"

Great car.

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Good price, looks great, decent gas milege ,fun"

Cons: "premium gas, right side mirror can block sight"

"If I needed to buy another car to replace this one, I would buy the same make and model that I now own. My only complaint is that the passenger front side visability is somewhat blocked by the side-view mirror. This problem is noticeable when coming to a stop sign and looking to the right."

great vehicle 35 to 37 hwy milage

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

"vehicle maintained. synthetic oil filter every 3000 miles new mich tires a/c auto pw cruise cd player, black, grey interior tinted windows bought new have title asking $12000.00"

I love my Civic but.............

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

"It is soooooo slow on accelerating from a stop. I can barely get it to move on a hill. They need a bigger gas engine say a 1.8cc"

very reliable

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"bought my 2006 honda civic hybrid in the beginning of 2006. and literally, no issues since then. engine is great, battery is great, sound system is great, navigation is great. oil change is on the pricier side, but that's expected for a hybrid."

Honda???

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Not many"

Cons: "Many"

"Overall I like the design, but lots of things on the car feel cheap and are easy to break if you do not use caution all the time. I bought mine pre-certified and had to bring it back to get all the filters and some other things replaced that were way past 50% worn. The abs light kept coming on and I had to bring in to Honda 6 times before they even started to try to fix it because it wouldn't always be on. Took 6 more trips to Honda before they finally replaced the ABS computer. I hadn't even had the car 6 months yet. Then the engine block cracked at 50,000 miles, which was a known problem. They broke the engine mount when they fixed that and had to bring back again. The clear coat was coming off the roof really bad which was a recall and they re-cleared. Synchros are going out. I drive like a grandma so they should not be going out already. Overall the car has been to Honda for warranty work over 30 times. I had to take the car in a minimum of 4 times to get something fixed, Honda techs are horrible."

very reliable, economical but noisy utility car

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "economical & reliable"

Cons: "noisy & rumbly ride"

"strong points: Economical, very reliable, surprisingly comfortable seating, maneuverable & responsive. Good commuter. Cruises comfortably at 70-80 mph on the freeway with exceptional gas mileage. negatives: Too much road noise except on smoothest pavement. Somewhat harsh ride, 5 speed manual OK but extra work cancels the fun provided. Would definitely get the automatic next time. Engine needs to be kept revved up to get power, really dead below 4000 rpm."

Very reliable and good handling vehicle

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

"Purchased new, only problem (other than oil changes/maintenance/etc) has been driver side sun visor had to be replaced. Excellent mileage (32 - 34 mpg). One challenge is traction/performance in snow."

this care is a lemon

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "electrical problem"

"I bought this car used in 2008. It was good for the year of 2009 only. I have done all the maintenance according to schedule and with a Honda dealer but this car is a lemon. It has an electrical problem that no one, not even Honda can fix. The lights dim, radio changes stations and turns off and on and up and down by itself. My windows work only when they want to. The speakers go in and out. Turn on the blinker or wipers and the whole car goes crazy electrically. Will NOT EVER ever buy another Honda and this is my 3rd and last. Honda will never make as good of cars as they did in the 90s again. Nuf said"

Beautiful Car

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Good gas milage"

"Every one loves Hondas, they are well known to be a good vehicles."

An Economical, Green-friendly, Gem of a Car

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, comfort, style, and environmental friend"

Cons: "No sun roof or moon roof in the hybrid version."

"I love the mileage and that I don't produce emissions when stopped in traffic. The design of the dash allows me to comfortably see everything and the controls on the steering wheel allow me to control my music and cruise control easily. The interior is comfortable, stylish and practical (no cup holders in the doors...who thought those were a good idea!). While I can't wait to buy another I love that the reliability and quality will allow me to drive this gem for years to come."

I will forever be a honda owner

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

"Honda is the best! Best value! Best gas millage! OVERALL BEST CAR 10 YEARS IN A ROW! Who else can say that? NO ONE!"

BEST FRONT WHEEL DRIVE

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "FAST, NIMBLE ON CORNERS, LIGHT WEIGHT"

Cons: "ROUGH RIDE ON BAD ROAD CONDITION"

"BOUGHT THE CAR NEW, HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT. THERE WERE A FEW GRINDING WHEN SHIFTING, BUT I THINK IT WAS NORMAL BECAUSE IT WASN'T BROKEN IN YET,(BUT I DID CHANGE THE TRANSMISSION OIL AFTER BRAKE-IN PERIOD), WENT AWAY AFTER A COUPLE OF THOUSAND MILES. MAINTAINING THE CAR IS CHEAP, PARTS WISE. THE CAR IS GREAT IN LONG DRIVE, VERY NIMBLE ON MOUNTAIN PASSES (LIKE PA ROADS)KINDA ROUGH THOUGH IF YOUR DRIVING IN THE CITY LIKE NY."

my 4th honda civic in 34 years

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

"My 4th Honda Civic in 34 years."

Honda civic 2007

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great car all around"

Cons: "Na"

"This is one of my favorite honda models for several reasons it's great on fuel it's sporty and it has plenty of horse power as far as safety goes it has air bags every wear lots of trunk space and places to put your other belonging it's a real good vehicle I would buy another one today if I could I have never had any problems with my honda not one"

A great car

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great reliability, great design, great on gas"

Cons: "Slow, noisy cabin"

"I love my 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid. I've owned the car for two years and put 50,000 miles on it, without any mechanical problems. The design is great. I love the fact that it doesn't look like a Prius, or as I like to call them, Rolly Pollies. People say, "This is a hybrid!?" Gas mileage averages 40+ unless I've been street racing against Rolly Pollies. Great reliability, great design, great gas mileage. Now the bad stuff. This car is incredibly slow, but that is expected when efficiency has precedence over power. The cabin is not very quiet. Sometimes when I turn off the car I think I left a window down because I can hear things outside, but the windows are all up. This is probably due to the need to remove weight for efficiency, so there goes the sound insulation. So, these are just trade-offs for efficiency. According to my calculation based on EPA fuel ratings, so far I've saved about $3,500 in gas costs compared to my 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse. At that rate the car will "pay for itself" at about 230,000 miles. Only 180,000 to go!"

I would buy this car again

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Excellent to drive, very afforable"

Cons: "No VSA availible in lower trim levels"

"An entry level vehicle that doesnt let you feel cheap or not reliable. Extremely well put together, everything has outstanding fit and finish. The ride is amazing once paired with better quality tires than those fitted factory. The exterior is extremely good looking, with styling that will last longer than the car. Sharp and sexy curves make this car feel very cool and sporty. The interior is quiet and very spacious. Feels comparable to a larger model in the line-up. Soft touch materials spread throughout the car and no clunky parts and no vibrations from some platics that had to be in the car. Even with cloth lined interior, this car still manages to feel well appointed and upscale. The engine is very excitable and has a lot of energy and wants to be driven. With fuel sipping thirst, you can still blast around town and still maintain 30+ mpg. The noise from the engine is unforgettable and very Honda. Maintenance for the car is surprisingly cheap. If all is well, the car should run itself. with scheduled maintainence costing around $40.00 for minor tune-ups every 5,000 miles, its a bargain."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25