2008 Honda Civic

Based on 1810 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

I really enjoy this car.

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, great price, maintenace is affordable"

"I own a 06 Honda Civic Ex 5 speed. I have seen some of the reviews that people have posted. Frankly, I agree to the quality and dynamics of this vehicle.Ive owned this car for the past 3 yrs and have put over 100,000 miles on this car. It has great gas mileage, its roomy, and it has comfortable seats.It accelerates well and rides great.If you ever need to buy parts for this vehicle they are affordable.Ive looked up some parts that i may need to change in the future and they are great in pricing. Ive only had to change the oil, brake pads, spark plugs, tires, and rotors. The reason being is that i travel alot in this car. Overall, I recommend this car if you are trying to buy a vehicle that gives you more for your money. That is what is important"

2011 civic si coupe

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "sporty"

Cons: "3rd gear"

"I wanted one of these when they first came out. I had to buy an SUV first so i got the last model year.I really love the handeling and the power this car makes.The back seats are surprizingly roomy and my three small chidren fit comfortably in the back. They actualy like the civic better than the SUV.The big dissapointment came when i started having the infamous 3rd gear issue. Some days it grinds and some days it pops out of gear. I took the car to honda and they said they could not see anything wrong. The problem is that it is not a contstant issue happens randomly. Im verry frustrated by this. Im going to have to wait untill it grinds all the time before i take it back i guess. Bottom line is i wish i did more reserch."

An Honest Review

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "fuel economy, quality, features"

Cons: "the seats"

"The ride excellent, a little choppy when you start pushing the highway speeds (70+). Steering is light and responsive, good driving position as well. The seats become a little tiresome when you've been driving for 4 hours or so. The interior has a superb layout, buttons are nice and big so you'd have to work hard to push two at once. The dash is always clear and bright. If you live in the north snow is quite cumbersome but manageable. Tends to be a bit wobbly in the front end and likes to lack grip. In the dry the car grips and goes. The engine is a "peppy" little thing, gets right up to highway speeds with a little growl from under the hood; it's pretty fun. Cruise works like a charm, the radio is clear, however, there is a slight road noise but it's light years from annoying. The only thing I can not stand about the car and is quite frankly disappointing are the seats. If you release either of the front seats to put someone/something in the back the seat does NOT return to original position; it goes to the default up close and upright position. All said and done this car is an excellent piece of engineering. I've been averaging 33mpg, taken it in for service once, and only dislike one thing (the seats). It is perfect for anyone, not really ideal for a family (might want the sedan) but perfect for couples, college students, or travelers. I love my Honda and couldn't imagine anything else could compete with what it has to offer."

Honda name, can't go wrong

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Reason: Got something else

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage, Comfortable Seats"

Cons: "Materials must have been cheap :-/"

"I owned this 2010 right from the dealer, brand spankin new. It was a wonderful car, and I loved it dearly. I sold it and bought a Scion iQ just wanting something new. The honda was a wonderful car, the biggest PRO that I have is the seats were SO comfortable. Good support for your back and neck areas, it was a like a luxury seat. I drove 7 hours to Florida from South Carolina for a cruise and brealy had to stop aside from restroom and food breaks. Pros should def include gas mileage, I got an average of 37 highway miles to the gallon, and it never flucuated. Pro would include look too, the honda civic is sleek and aerodynamic, the digital display was pretty awesome. The only CON I have is that the fabric around the roof of the interior of the car had started to peel in only a year, I had a little ripped piece in the back, and NOBODY EVER rode back there, it was more used for groceries etc, and I know for sure I didn't do it. Also the hubcaps started to peel as well, and I had to replace them, with a 20 set from walmart that lasted the duration of the time I owned it, and looked just like the originals minus the H in the middle. Otherwise, loved the car, would recommend a honda to anyone I know."

Cracked Engine Block

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"This engine is very prone to a cracked engine block. I suggest you do a little online searching to see for your self. Honda is making no attempt at any "Good Will Assistance" to help with the $4,720 repair bill. My service manager has seen a number of these problems, so has my mechanic. The car is a 2007 and has 90,000 miles on it with all of the service documented. This is a product defect. This is my 6th Honda, but no more in my future. Really bad treatment by Honda of America."

Honda Civic a reliable car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliable, and fun to drive"

Cons: "Not much horse power, not much room in back set"

"I bought my 2006 honda civic in 2010 it had 120,000 miles on it. It is now 2014 and it has 200,000 miles on it. Never had any problems with it mechanically, it still drives great, the A/C and heater works like a charm as well. Really love the car and am not dissapointed at all for purchasing it."

Drive it hard for most reward.

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Looks cool."

Cons: "Cheap materials fail prematurely."

"Goods: Fun to drive hard. Can tow 2000 pound trailer with ease although not rated for that. Seats are great. Love the styling though spoiler on any street driven car is a joke. Others: Hard to drive smoothly when you want to just take it easy. A/C weak when stopped in 90 degree heat in slow and go traffic. Sun visors self destruct. Both have been replaced multiple times at $75 each. Third gear faulty from factory; replaced under warranty. Water pump went out at 30,000 miles. Valve adjustment a nightmare for mechanic, probably won't get it right the first time. Poor design of w/s washer container cap. If not firmly closed, it will be lost in traffic. Oil change a hassle if no lift available. Must jack up pass side and remove wheel to access oil filter. Stereo is great when playing CDs but radio reception is weak due to no mast antenna. Shifter boot self destructed twice due to poor materials used."

Great value

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "good price, value, fuel economy given small car"

Cons: "problems with the sun visor,"

"good driving performance for a small car great turning radius good on gas overall good i would prefer for the interior to be more aesthetically stimulating but at this price its pretty nice inside"

AVOID THE HYBRID

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "styling was nice"

Cons: "noisy from road rumble."

"Bought out my lease and at 92000 miles the hybrid battery needs replaced. $3300. They have a required computer update that drops the mileage below what a regular gas civic gets. Buying a hybrid honda makes no sense what-so-ever. Before the battery fried I was only getting 34mpg."

My experience

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Looks, dependable, fun to drive"

Cons: "rear suspension"

"I bought this vehicle new in December of 07'. It was the first new vehicle I have ever purchased. It has been a very fun and dependable vehicle to me besides one sore spot. It likes to eat tires in it's stock form unless you drive aggressively. I had to buy adjustable upper control arms to fix this problem. After about 10k miles the tread would start to cup and ruin the tire. Mechanically I have no complaints, the drive train is solid. I do have the occasional 3rd gear slip but nothing to get too excited about. I do wish I would have bought the base civic for the better gas mileage. I am 6'2" and am fairly comfortable in it, it does have a lot of road noise but I didnt buy the car for cabin refinement, I bought it because of the dependability, gas mileage (33 on highway for me)and the fun factor. Drive this car like you stole it and it can move."