2007 Honda Civic

Based on 1785 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

reliable, economical, driveable

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "reliable, economical, driveable"

Cons: "competition has caught up since 2007"

"fits the Honda profile and media image perfectly: mileage is about 28/38 real world; drivetrain perfect for this type of car. reliable, spacious when rear seat folded down. Civic is stable on h'way even in crosswinds. good cup holders and cubby holes for "stuff" Shortcomings are small engine plus auto transmission mean good merging on h'way, but that's it. Also, LX is spartan and noisy. No problem since the car was purchased for utility not "plushness" Lastly, this car was never driven in the 6 month cold + winter + salt season, so is likely to be much better than normal for a Michigan car"

Very Reliable

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Cons: "Frequent GPS upgrades for a charge"

"Honda service is a very nice experience."

Most dependable car i have ever owned. No problems

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "cloth seats"

"Car in excellent condition. Garage kept. No mechanical problems. I get 31 or 32 miles per gallon around town"

One of the best cars I have every owned!

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, handles great, awesome paint job"

Cons: "Underpowered, seats don't give the best support"

"This car is a lot of fun to drive, looks great, and handles very well. Everything works like it should after five years and the bright Rallye Red paint has held up very well. I still have people ask me if it is a new car!"

been a great car, reliable with great gas milage

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

"it's been a great car for the past 8 years!"

owned fords, buicks and toyotas and find this best

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "low maintenancec dependable, love the dash board"

Cons: "weight is light on windy days"

"I have owned this vehicle since 2009 and found this to serve me the best. Only problem I found was it did not hold the road well in windy conditions. the tires lasted me 50,000 miles. great buy and no major problems in all the years I owned it. I would recommend a honda civic to everyone on a limited budget."

Love the car. Disappointed in the paint.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun, good looking."

Cons: "Paint scratches too easily."

"This is my third Civic and my second Si. Best bang for the buck if you sometimes need a back seat. Reliability is exceptional. My car has never needed a mechanical repair. I change oil, wiper blades and tires. The paint (black) is way too soft. It scratches if I look at it too hard showing the white primer underneath. The finish is crackled on the horizontal surfaces from exposure to the summer sun. My previous Civics and my Odyssey had much more durable paint."

Overall I really do enjoy my Honda Civic

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "mileage, reliability, handling, safety record,"

Cons: "not comfortable seating, couple of serious recalls"

"I have really enjoyed this vehicle and yes I would probably purchase another. The mileage is great 30/42 on average on 87+ octane fuel. The vehicle has been most reliable. A couple of serious recalls but they were done totally free of charge and promptly. The only problems is that I am a large person and the interior is a bit close. As I get older and less flexible the vehicle is harder to get out of, especially after a long trip. The back seat is great for children to early adolescent but is not big enough to be comfortable for an adult. Overall I really do enjoy my Honda Civic."

Terrific almost sports car handling

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

"Handles as well as my S2000. excellent mileage driven sensibly. Wonderful engine and mechanicals, highly reliable. Excellent ride/handling/cornering, etc. I have driven it more than my S2000 Have added front/rear air dams, side skirts, power sun roof visor, front/rear window visors, I really like this car."

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

"The best car I've ever owned."

least expensive vehicle we've ever owned

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "extremely well built and reliable"

Cons: "gutless acceleration"

"purchased new at the beginning of the new model (2006 new body style)- totally reliable and other than routine maintenance, this car is the least expensive car we've ever owned. Gas mileage from spring through fall was always 47-49 mpg while winter in MN dropped it to 39-42 mpg. Never had a burned out light bulb and every electronic & mechanical system continues to work flawlessly. It's got a comfortable ride (many 2K - 4K driving trips across country) but it's not so great in the mountains as should be expected with a 1.2 liter engine. Giving it to our daughter & her husband on the expected arrival of another grandchild."

Car has been a lemon since purchased new.

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

"Vehicle was purchased for safety. Car has terrible suspension and is dangerous on bumpy roads. HVAC has been repaired twice and still works on intermittently (including defrosters). Has had new wheel bearings at 23K and 52K, upgraded the suspension (without handling results), HVAC repairs, and car hits parking blocks and destroys front bumper (husband can't seem to be careful pulling into spaces). It is difficult to clean due to long dash. Defrosters, when working, do not clear windows well. Difficult to get in or out without bumping your head."

never needs major repair

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"We have never needed repairs other than regular maintinance. Great milage. Super power. Great looking."

Solid, reliable car with nice design

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"I love Hondas. This is my second Honda, and although I regret leasing it (ended up being underwater with the value of the car since I accrued a lot of miles plus I didn't negotiate the payoff amount which is already way higher than the value of the car), the car itself is great. I like all the controls on the interior, and the exterior has a nice, modern style. My color is urban titanium. The front windshield fogs up easily, and I notice it's hard to find a comfortable medium temp if it's hot or cold outside as turning on the ac or heat acts quickly and then you're either too hot or too cold. Being a civic, it doesn't have much getty-up either. But it makes up for that lack of acceleration with good gas mileage. Also, it's really difficult to park with this car because when you look in the mirrors it appears you're way closer than you actually are. Just a heads up. It's a solid car though and it should go forever. Haven't had any major issues, just had oil changes and new tires."

Well maintained one owner V good shape

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun, good mileage, cute color"

"One owner, bought new and maintained regularly at Honda dealer, no accidents, exterior has a couple minor scratches, interior good, good tires, has been a reliable car that gets good mileage."

This car is exactly what I'm paying for.

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Price, torque, stereo, clutch, visibility, fun."

Cons: "Rough ride (I like it), people dog Civics"

"This car holds it's value well, it's a manual of course, but the iVTEC kicks in at JUST the right time to pass people, without looking like a terrible person. The ride and suspension is incredibly stiff but I prefer It that way, it gives sense to the road and you don't have to worry about hitting a speed bump too fast and bottoming out. The stereo system is astounding and requires no extra work, just to tweak with the settings. The exhaust has a nice growl to it but it's not going to deafen the nearest cars. The look is okay at best from the outside but from the inside this machine looks 5 years heads of its time. I lied to someone and told them it was a 2014 and without question they believed it. Not to mention when you do drive it like a normal human being the car gets amazing mileage without making you go slower than EVERYONE else on the road. Overall, due to how enjoyable the EX trim is, this is the most relaxing and enjoyable car I've owned to date. I've also had; 2001 PT cruiser 5 speed touring edition 1992 300zx TT 5 speed 2007 Pacifica touring edition 2000 coupe Grand Prix GT 1996 3000gt vr-4 2000 mountaineer By far, the 2006 EX civic is my favorite."

HANDLES GREAT

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, dependable, good trunk space"

Cons: "Standard finishes: want more luxury"

"I love driving this car, it is jackrabbit quick from a stop, handles perfectly, always responsive. I've never had any problems with this car, just the routine oil change. It is fairly low mileage for a 2009 because it was garaged for nearly half of each year since we were out of town."

Loyal Honda Owner

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Great Car"

Cons: "civic a little noisy on inside"

"You cannot beat a Honda for quality. Keep the service maintained on the car and it will last a very long time. I have had excellent success with my Hondas. Never had a problem selling one even with lots of miles because they continue to last for years. Compared to other cars the price is also very good. I would like a little more insulation in the civic. It can be a little noisy on the inside. Other than that I have no problems. Have been a long time satisfied Honda owner."

good car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"good to drive"

Great car.

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Good price, looks great, decent gas milege ,fun"

Cons: "premium gas, right side mirror can block sight"

"If I needed to buy another car to replace this one, I would buy the same make and model that I now own. My only complaint is that the passenger front side visability is somewhat blocked by the side-view mirror. This problem is noticeable when coming to a stop sign and looking to the right."

great vehicle 35 to 37 hwy milage

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

"vehicle maintained. synthetic oil filter every 3000 miles new mich tires a/c auto pw cruise cd player, black, grey interior tinted windows bought new have title asking $12000.00"

I love my Civic but.............

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

"It is soooooo slow on accelerating from a stop. I can barely get it to move on a hill. They need a bigger gas engine say a 1.8cc"

very reliable

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"bought my 2006 honda civic hybrid in the beginning of 2006. and literally, no issues since then. engine is great, battery is great, sound system is great, navigation is great. oil change is on the pricier side, but that's expected for a hybrid."

Honda???

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Not many"

Cons: "Many"

"Overall I like the design, but lots of things on the car feel cheap and are easy to break if you do not use caution all the time. I bought mine pre-certified and had to bring it back to get all the filters and some other things replaced that were way past 50% worn. The abs light kept coming on and I had to bring in to Honda 6 times before they even started to try to fix it because it wouldn't always be on. Took 6 more trips to Honda before they finally replaced the ABS computer. I hadn't even had the car 6 months yet. Then the engine block cracked at 50,000 miles, which was a known problem. They broke the engine mount when they fixed that and had to bring back again. The clear coat was coming off the roof really bad which was a recall and they re-cleared. Synchros are going out. I drive like a grandma so they should not be going out already. Overall the car has been to Honda for warranty work over 30 times. I had to take the car in a minimum of 4 times to get something fixed, Honda techs are horrible."

very reliable, economical but noisy utility car

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "economical & reliable"

Cons: "noisy & rumbly ride"

"strong points: Economical, very reliable, surprisingly comfortable seating, maneuverable & responsive. Good commuter. Cruises comfortably at 70-80 mph on the freeway with exceptional gas mileage. negatives: Too much road noise except on smoothest pavement. Somewhat harsh ride, 5 speed manual OK but extra work cancels the fun provided. Would definitely get the automatic next time. Engine needs to be kept revved up to get power, really dead below 4000 rpm."