2007 Honda Civic

Based on 1873 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Reliable and low cost of ownership

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "Road Noise, rear power locks"

"I bought this car in 2006 and it's now 8 years old. I'm pretty pleased with it and have had no major mechanical issues. It's basically a "point and shoot" vehicle. Cost of ownership has been in line with what I expected when I researched the car before I purchased it. Repair costs could probably be even lower since nearly all the work was done at the dealership. The car gets great gas mileage. Even at 8 years old, it still can get 48MPG on the freeway while driving consistently at 60MPH. Normal driving however is more like 36 highway and 23 city. I like the large windshield and it has decent legroom for a subcompact. Some people don't like the "digital" readout on the dashboard, but I'm fond of it. The trunk has a lot of space and is even more practical with the split rear seating. Road noise is a problem but I drown it out with the radio--this isn't a luxury vehicle. I don't care for the Daytime running lamps either--they'll turn on if the accessories are on and the parking brake isn't engaged. The most frustrating thing with the car has been the rear power locks-they've already been replaced twice. I have gone through two sets of brakes and the sway bar link broke recently. Other than that there have been no major issues--certainly none with the engine, pumps, transmission, or suspension (other than the swaybar link). I'm just an average driver and compared to may last car, the Civic is very responsive, fun to drive and reliable. It has a relatively low cost of ownership and should be a hassle free experience as long as you keep up with the maintenance."

It's my Tron Car! Fast & Furious No Doubt

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, quick, great handling, gas mileage"

Cons: "seats and seat belts meant for 20 somethings."

"I love the handling and the MPG. It never breaks down, and is sturdy. I am getting older and the seats being so low to the ground are for younger men than me."

good value for a 5 year old car.

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

"low mileage. except for front scratches at the front lower lip, the exterior is excellent. interior is good to excellent. seats are black velour. engine and transmission are both in excellent shape. tires are still original and may have to be replaced soon. battery has been replaced 2 years ago with a honda 5 year warranty battery."

Best compact car for the money!

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Rillaiable, economical, roomy, quality, robust!"

Cons: "week engine, cheap plastics"

"I have this car since 2010. I bought it out of lease with 35K miles. The car does need a more powerful engine. That said it does everything very well. Interior roominess is the best in class. Very comfortable and with nice soft ride. Handling is also good. Very reliable and economical, up to 37mpg in the HWY and about 30 in the city. The only thing it does not have is traction and stability which became std from 2010 + models."

A mild refresh for the 2009 Honda Civic .

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Strong Resale, Low Ownership costs, Dependable"

Cons: "EX+ trim no std Blue-Tooth,Road Noise,"

Pre-delivery detailing Air Dry. Love how the blk trim accents the maroon exterior.

"A best in class resale value for 3 & 5-yrs combined, the '09 Honda Civic continues to be a leader in its class as well as being economical to own, its also fun to drive. The Honda Civic has been around for decades, and it just keeps getting better. I will share what our buying strategy is. Most vehicles have a 5-7 yr cycle, and then a redesigned model goes on sale. Usually about half way through its cycle, the manufacturer will add what were options to the standard equipment list, and they will also make some other refinements both seen & under the body panel's. Such is the case with the '09 Civic. This model year gets a restyled front & tail end along with 2-added trim lines, the DX-VP & the LX-S, while the EX & EX-L get upgraded alloy wheels. The 2006-2012 civic is very similar in size to that of the 1993-1998 Accord models. I am confident when I share that with the addition of the EX-L trim, the civic is being purchased by couples & individuals that the car was not targeted at, but who have found that as empty nesters we don't need larger vehicles like we use to, so we have started buying higher trim levels in smaller vehicles. Like a Civic EX or EX-L sedan vs a Accord LX. As we focus more on retirement living expenses we have become more conservative yet still being wise consumers. We purchase what we need & not so much of what we want, for we need to make our nest eggs last beyond our life expectancy. So we drive nicer but smaller vehicles so we can enjoy our retirement's and if a 2009 Civic EX or EX-L is a step down from a Accord LX or Camry LE, and its its just the two of you, and on the lucky weekends we get to have our civic's back seat occupied by our grandchildren. Plus, by being conservative and buying the Civic EX or EX-L sedan, the additional money saved vs buying a Accord EX/EX-L sedan, we will do just that, as now we will be able to keep a 2009 Civic EX in Florida for use when their & a EX/EX-L sedan for our home in the North to go along with our Northern AWD SUV/CUV that's made by Honda's premier brand Acura. As I shared above, trading every 5-yrs, and purchasing mid-cycle just after the MCR(mid-cycle refresh), and doing so over & over you will always get a better vehicle than had you bought it during its 1st year of its new body style. Unless your the customer who always wants the newest model, then I suggest you trade every 5-yrs like with the Accord, every year that ends with a 3 or a 8, as those yrs are the Accord's starting year of its newest body style. I wish all who have read my long winded review a happy, healthy, safe & successful New Year !"

HONDA CIVIC SI FG2

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Awesome car, I love it, I wouldn't part ways with it if I had to, I always like a new car but if I was set for one car and one car only, this would be the fine lady id bring home every night due to its well mannered drive ability for the average civilian. Perfect daily driver"

Love this thing!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Smooth drive, good mpg, truly reliable"

Cons: "nothing but the seats!"

"I had a 1999 honda accord with 156,000 miles that unfortunately was totaled in an accident. So I went with my mom to search fr another car. I was looking for a used "a and b" car but was hooked with this! which is crazy for a 19 year old! this car rruns beautifully and my honda dealership id an excellent company with great deals, great people, and great cars. They told me i can trade it in at anytime but I don't plan on it. It's wonderful"

Love Honda

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"I've owned this car for the last five years I bought it brand new so i am the only owner. I lovee this car it's extremely reliable and provides great comfort. Also, it's very sporty and stylish. However, A few things that have bothered me is the inside of the car tends to scratch easily and also it is hard to see the front end of the car. Otherwise, this is a great, reliable car. Drives very smooth too."

LOOOOOVE my Honda Civic!

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, FAST"

Cons: "Low profile tires"

"The Honda Civic is a great little car for teens and young adults. Great gas mileage, very reliable. The only thing I dislike is that my car has low-profile tires and they will go flat if you hit a pot hole too hard, jump the curb, etc."

Excelent

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Acceleration, comfort, mpg, attention getter :)"

Cons: "Lack of aftermarket"

Just a real beauty. :)

"I bought my '07 Civic Ex w/ Nav ( <- Rare ) about 4 months ago. Although that is a very short time, I'm still just as in love with it as I was when I found it. The factory nav is very stylish and looks much better than the stock stereo. The premium sound system isn't stellar, but it is definitely a good starter. Being 17, my insurance is quite high though ($187/month). The exterior of the car is what started to draw me in, but once i got in and sat down, it was hard to pull myself away from it. The gauge cluster is really a love it or hate it design with the electronic speedo right in front of you, and the tac down lower. I, personally, loved it from first sight. But, looks can't determine the whole purchase. The test drive was the real seller. Seeing as how the whole car is electronically controlled, the pedals are extremely sensitive. It's extremely smooth at any speed. Pushing 80 on cruise control and feel like you're riding a cloud. The acceleration is great, but not too much. It'll get right up and go with a 0-60 at about 7 seconds. Which is just fine by me, wanting anymore would make you upgrade to the SI. The gas mileage is just fantastic, i'm averaging at 30 mpg with more city than highway. The highest ive had is about 36 with 90% highway. With proper care and maintenance, this car will last for a very long time. In my honest personal opinion, this sporty little car is perfect for younger people who don't want to spend a ton of cash on a decent, long lasting car. Plus it's a Honda. You can't go wrong with this well established brand."

Just a real beauty. :)

Love It

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Stylish, Great Gas Mileage"

Cons: "It's a 4cyl so you are not going to get fast speed"

"Best Vehicle I have Owned, I just recently traded-In my Honda Odyssey (I loved that as well) but the Gas was killing me !!! So I decided to purchase a 2008 Honda Civic, Well that was one of the best decision I ever made about a car:) Rides Great and I'm loving that a full tank of gas last me about a week and a half and that's with me going to work Monday-Friday (25-30miles)."

Second Civic First Si

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "fast for 4cylinder and for the mpg, handling"

Cons: "not so spacious in the back"

"I initially purchased the 07 civic ex in 2007 and I loved it. I got great gas mileage, it was a flashy car, hugged the road amazingly, just all around a great car. I really wanted the si version of it though, so a year later I traded it for the 08 si and I love it just as much as the ex. BUT it is much faster, an extra 30 hp and when the vtech kicks in it's a nice extra boost. I have almost 140k on this and the most I have had to replace was brakes, rotors, and tires. Hondas are truely amazing cars."

Reliable

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cons: "small for hauling"

"This car reliably gets me to and from work on mountain roads averaging 32 MPG."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage, resale value"

Cons: "No power seats"

"This is a terrific car. I never thought I would own a Honda but now that I do, I am in love with it. The manual transmission makes the car fantastic to drive. It has great acceleration and handles so well around corners. It is a fun ride. My favorite interior details are the dual dashboard and the leather seats. I have 48K miles on the car and it feels like it will run forever. Oh, and it gets 37 miles per gallon. Buy one! You will be happy you did."

takes a lickin and keeps on tickin

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "cost of ownership, mpg, maintanance"

Cons: "Road noise, low ground clearance"

"I've never had such an easy car you just oil it gas it and go. It got me through 2 college degrees, a marriage, new job, and new baby. I decided to get an suv since we are growing a family and mostly due to my husband wanted to get me a bigger vehicle. Otherwise, the 9 year old car runs fine. I replaced an alternator and starter but nothing else. Took me 30 minutes to pick this car out and buy it. I got in and immediately said this car is so comfortable. Roomy back seat and just fun to drive. I think it's still got a whole lot of life left even after 200k miles."

Excellent & dependable vehicle; fun to drive.

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"My 2006 Civic Navi has been trouble-free over nine & a half years & 73,000 miles. For a completely new model (when I purchased the car), my car had no design or functional flaws. The only downside has been that the mileage (29+ m. p. g. over all the years) has been a bit less than I had hoped."

Absolute best car !

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pros: "GAS SAVER GALORE"

Cons: "CONS HARD TO FIND THEM"

"Very nice car with all the extras of a more expensive car. no issues at all.I will recommend this car to anyone that wants to save on gas and have a great car."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, nice exterior and interior styling"

Cons: "NOISE"

"Only objection is road noise, if don't have low noise tires, way too loud. Gas mileage is consistently 41 to 44 mpg on highway"

She flies! You will find your mojo in this car.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "This car is tuned up and ready to go."

Cons: "Too fast for my 15 year old."

"The Honda SI package is an incredible value. Everything is stock but she keeps up and handles as well as vehicles way beyond her league. Put the windows down and listen to the race muffler. This is a car to have fun in."

Solid Performer, Honda Quality & Reliability.....!

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Strong Resale Value, Solid Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Road Noise, Must Get EXL Trim to have heated seats"

Pre-delivery.

"This is our 3rd Civic EX sedan, and its also the nicest thus far. We trade every 5-yrs, with my wife getting the new sedan, I getting her used, and trading my 10-yr old sedan in against the new sedan. We also have an Accord EXL Sedan that is only driven for family trips, out of area trips, and weekend use as our Civic's are our daily sedan's. The only issue with the 2009 Ex Sedan is the road noise from the OEM Goodyear Eagle RSA tires that came on the civic. When I took it over earlier this year, I put 4-new michelins on that are the same as whats on our Accord. Big difference. Other than that, the '09 Civic EX sedan its a great vehicle and the MCR for 2009 adds some flair to the nose & tail. We always wait for the MCR(mid cycle refresh)before we buy our new model as it usually will save us money by getting new stock items that were options originally plus a refreshed look."

Pre-delivery.

Great reliable car

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Economical"

Cons: "not too fast"

"I have had my civic for one year now and it has never given me any problems."

Love the car. Disappointed in the paint.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun, good looking."

Cons: "Paint scratches too easily."

"This is my third Civic and my second Si. Best bang for the buck if you sometimes need a back seat. Reliability is exceptional. My car has never needed a mechanical repair. I change oil, wiper blades and tires. The paint (black) is way too soft. It scratches if I look at it too hard showing the white primer underneath. The finish is crackled on the horizontal surfaces from exposure to the summer sun. My previous Civics and my Odyssey had much more durable paint."

very reliable

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"bought my 2006 honda civic hybrid in the beginning of 2006. and literally, no issues since then. engine is great, battery is great, sound system is great, navigation is great. oil change is on the pricier side, but that's expected for a hybrid."

Beautiful Car

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Good gas milage"

"Every one loves Hondas, they are well known to be a good vehicles."

A great car

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great reliability, great design, great on gas"

Cons: "Slow, noisy cabin"

"I love my 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid. I've owned the car for two years and put 50,000 miles on it, without any mechanical problems. The design is great. I love the fact that it doesn't look like a Prius, or as I like to call them, Rolly Pollies. People say, "This is a hybrid!?" Gas mileage averages 40+ unless I've been street racing against Rolly Pollies. Great reliability, great design, great gas mileage. Now the bad stuff. This car is incredibly slow, but that is expected when efficiency has precedence over power. The cabin is not very quiet. Sometimes when I turn off the car I think I left a window down because I can hear things outside, but the windows are all up. This is probably due to the need to remove weight for efficiency, so there goes the sound insulation. So, these are just trade-offs for efficiency. According to my calculation based on EPA fuel ratings, so far I've saved about $3,500 in gas costs compared to my 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse. At that rate the car will "pay for itself" at about 230,000 miles. Only 180,000 to go!"