2007 Honda Civic

Based on 1866 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Honda name, can't go wrong

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Reason: Got something else

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage, Comfortable Seats"

Cons: "Materials must have been cheap :-/"

"I owned this 2010 right from the dealer, brand spankin new. It was a wonderful car, and I loved it dearly. I sold it and bought a Scion iQ just wanting something new. The honda was a wonderful car, the biggest PRO that I have is the seats were SO comfortable. Good support for your back and neck areas, it was a like a luxury seat. I drove 7 hours to Florida from South Carolina for a cruise and brealy had to stop aside from restroom and food breaks. Pros should def include gas mileage, I got an average of 37 highway miles to the gallon, and it never flucuated. Pro would include look too, the honda civic is sleek and aerodynamic, the digital display was pretty awesome. The only CON I have is that the fabric around the roof of the interior of the car had started to peel in only a year, I had a little ripped piece in the back, and NOBODY EVER rode back there, it was more used for groceries etc, and I know for sure I didn't do it. Also the hubcaps started to peel as well, and I had to replace them, with a 20 set from walmart that lasted the duration of the time I owned it, and looked just like the originals minus the H in the middle. Otherwise, loved the car, would recommend a honda to anyone I know."

2011 civic si coupe

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "sporty"

Cons: "3rd gear"

"I wanted one of these when they first came out. I had to buy an SUV first so i got the last model year.I really love the handeling and the power this car makes.The back seats are surprizingly roomy and my three small chidren fit comfortably in the back. They actualy like the civic better than the SUV.The big dissapointment came when i started having the infamous 3rd gear issue. Some days it grinds and some days it pops out of gear. I took the car to honda and they said they could not see anything wrong. The problem is that it is not a contstant issue happens randomly. Im verry frustrated by this. Im going to have to wait untill it grinds all the time before i take it back i guess. Bottom line is i wish i did more reserch."

Honda Civic a reliable car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliable, and fun to drive"

Cons: "Not much horse power, not much room in back set"

"I bought my 2006 honda civic in 2010 it had 120,000 miles on it. It is now 2014 and it has 200,000 miles on it. Never had any problems with it mechanically, it still drives great, the A/C and heater works like a charm as well. Really love the car and am not dissapointed at all for purchasing it."

Great value

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "good price, value, fuel economy given small car"

Cons: "problems with the sun visor,"

"good driving performance for a small car great turning radius good on gas overall good i would prefer for the interior to be more aesthetically stimulating but at this price its pretty nice inside"

Drive it hard for most reward.

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Looks cool."

Cons: "Cheap materials fail prematurely."

"Goods: Fun to drive hard. Can tow 2000 pound trailer with ease although not rated for that. Seats are great. Love the styling though spoiler on any street driven car is a joke. Others: Hard to drive smoothly when you want to just take it easy. A/C weak when stopped in 90 degree heat in slow and go traffic. Sun visors self destruct. Both have been replaced multiple times at $75 each. Third gear faulty from factory; replaced under warranty. Water pump went out at 30,000 miles. Valve adjustment a nightmare for mechanic, probably won't get it right the first time. Poor design of w/s washer container cap. If not firmly closed, it will be lost in traffic. Oil change a hassle if no lift available. Must jack up pass side and remove wheel to access oil filter. Stereo is great when playing CDs but radio reception is weak due to no mast antenna. Shifter boot self destructed twice due to poor materials used."

AVOID THE HYBRID

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "styling was nice"

Cons: "noisy from road rumble."

"Bought out my lease and at 92000 miles the hybrid battery needs replaced. $3300. They have a required computer update that drops the mileage below what a regular gas civic gets. Buying a hybrid honda makes no sense what-so-ever. Before the battery fried I was only getting 34mpg."

My experience

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Looks, dependable, fun to drive"

Cons: "rear suspension"

"I bought this vehicle new in December of 07'. It was the first new vehicle I have ever purchased. It has been a very fun and dependable vehicle to me besides one sore spot. It likes to eat tires in it's stock form unless you drive aggressively. I had to buy adjustable upper control arms to fix this problem. After about 10k miles the tread would start to cup and ruin the tire. Mechanically I have no complaints, the drive train is solid. I do have the occasional 3rd gear slip but nothing to get too excited about. I do wish I would have bought the base civic for the better gas mileage. I am 6'2" and am fairly comfortable in it, it does have a lot of road noise but I didnt buy the car for cabin refinement, I bought it because of the dependability, gas mileage (33 on highway for me)and the fun factor. Drive this car like you stole it and it can move."

Everything I wanted/hoped in 140k miles

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Great price/value and very economical"

Cons: "Sun Visor melted--that's it"

"I knew I was going to be driving a lot and wanted and reliable but comfortable car that was economic to drive. This EX civic met every expectation I had."

Good value overall

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Practical, efficient"

Cons: "loud, poor fit and finish inside"

"This has been a daily driver for 8 years. Overall, it has been a very reliable little car, with a few fit and finish exceptions. Fuel economy is good, and the driving position is very comfortable. This car is quite loud from road noise, though, and it feels less substantial than a car such as the Chevy Cruze or VW Jetta. I would shop around more thoroughly before buying another, but this is a practical if not always enjoyable vehicle."

some drawbacks

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

"dependable and stylish, the civic coupe has a couple of negatives..the ride is very stiff/sportscar like. and the paint died at 4 years. contacted Honda and they told me my paint color (grey) did not qualify for repaint."

Good car. But paint problems have been painful

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

"We bought this si brand new and it has been very good to us. But the paint problems for us and many other civic owners has been quite embarrassing."

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "low price, fun to drive, efficient"

Cons: "cheap cpt, door locks, wheels scratch easily"

"Only a couple of complaints. The carpets mats are quite flimsy and are made of cheap materials -- which show wear. Also, 2 of the automatic door locks quit working last Summer. Honda dealer said they could see what was wrong -- but it would cost a lot, since they would be taking off the door panels. Overall tho, I love this car, and I have owned a lot of cars in my day. Dependable, efficient, comfortable, easy, cute. What more could one ask for?"

Makes a great first car

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, economical"

Cons: "Backseat leg room"

"I got the 2009 Civic coupe EX as a first car a few months ago. I had wanted something more luxurious, but for now the most practical vehicle for me is this one. It feels like it could never break down. It always starts on the first turn of the key, never makes any strange noises, and just the feel of the basic buttons and knobs makes you think they're going to last a million years. It's very easy to drive, park, and take care of. Might not be a Mercedes, but it is a marvel of engineering. The ONLY thing I would change about the car is the instrument panel. If you turn on the lights, the panel dims, and this can strain your eyes in the early morning or evening."

Great Overall Small Car

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Great Mileage, Fun to drive, Great overall car!"

Cons: "Squeaks in the plastic interior."

"I purchased this car in order to get great mileage, and it does just that for my commute. I am super pleased with it. I am on my second set of tires, which wear nice and evenly. The engine does not eat oil(I measure), I do change it every 4000 miles. The car has a few squeaks that drive me nuts in the plastic interior pieces. I sold a pickup for this car and I went from 10 mpg diesel to an average or 33mpg! I use the coupe as a truck and it handles all the stuff I can get in it. My highway mileage is right around 37 mpg. Honda has been great for me and my extended family. I without a doubt expect at least another 200,000 miles until a trade in will occur. The last honda made it to 280,000 with VERY minimal repairs."

This is the best car that I have had.

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Lack of storage space."

"I am totally impressed with this car. I am getting between 30-38 Miles a gallon and the only thing that I have had to do is replace the brakes and get a new key other than normal maintenance. I would recommend this car to anyone."

Fun car so far.

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, Fun to drive, Cool design, Trunk spac"

Cons: "No cup holders in back, makes a rattle"

"I just got a 2009 Honda Civic about 3 weeks ago. I owned a chevy Malibu before this Honda and I'm happier with the Honda. It hasnt been a long time with the Civic but I enjoy the car very much so far. The interior seems different and decent (seen better, seen worse) but for the price of the car its good. The drive to the car is smooth and fun. The longest drive I have done in it so far was 2 hours with no stops. The ride was fine and comfortable. The only thing I really hate is that sometimes the back of the car makes a ratteling noise but I knew it made that noise going into the deal. I also know a lot of people who own civics and they all said they have not had problems with the car. So far I am pretty impressed with the car and its a good deal compared to what else is out there in the price range."

Extremely reliable, love this car.

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Very Reliable"

Cons: "Passenger side visor is faulty."

"Owned from 40K miles to 183K. Only had to change brakes and a battery, nothing more. My only complaint is the gas mileage started dropping after 100K, but it probably just needs a tune up."

Fantastic Car In All Areas

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Quality, Fast"

Cons: "No Cons"

"The Honda Civic Si is one of the best cars on the market. It is a go-kart disguised as a sedan, so much fun to drive, 6-speed close ratio manual transmission, great suspension, Honda reliability means it will last forever, great price, great gas mileage, very utilitarian, people will be so jealous of you if you own this car!"

Flawless (outside of snow)

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"I'll put it to you this way: I wanted to upgrade to a better car so I went to test drive a BMW 3 series and a Cadillac CTS. While both had more than twice the horsepower and other ridiculous enhancements, NEITHER WAS BETTER THAN MY LITTLE HONDA! Awesome stuff: -Accelerator is super responsive! <---biggest difference between my Honda and the "big boys" -Digital speedometer looks super cool! -Tons of room: for a smaller sedan, the civic is quite spacious, at least for the front 2 seats. The dashboard and windshield have a unique shape and angle that I've never seen before. This puts them an extra foot away from the driver, make it feel even more spacious. -Gas mileage: the lowest I ever got was ~22, the highest I got was ~34. absolutely cannot complain about the efficiency there. Not so fun: -FWD: this really means one wheel has all the power, and the other 3 are just following. In the snow (which I see a lot of), this is bad. I've never crashed in it, though, so it can't be that bad. -<150 horsepower 4 cylinder: you get what you pay for I suppose. It will climb any hill, but it might take a few extra seconds than the giant SUV next to you (still faster than a semi though...) The bottom line: If you're looking for a car in this price range, there can't possibly be anything better. Just drive it once, just once. You will be absolutely hooked! (I had to abandon my dreams of owning a BMW because of my Honda addiction...)"

Saved my life

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I owned one of these for two years before I got t-boned, driver's door, by an SUV doing 35 mph that had ran a red light. Side-curtain and side-torso air bags deployed. Impaction of my car was about 12 inches, but I barely had a scratch on me. I know all new cars are safer these days but it really shows on this Civic! No problems at all in 2 years of ownership. Hyper-miled for 2/3 of a tank, with the other 1/3 city driving with A/C on and I still got 36 MPG about a week before the wreck. Insurance totaled the car for only $500 below what I paid for it (2 years old, 28k miles). Held it's value extremely well. EX, sedan. Steering and power are better than average for a sporty, small sedan. Ride is a little bit loud, but not bad. Interior styling is simply wonderful, or maybe it's wonderfully simple? Steering mounted audio and cruise controls. Two-tiered instrument panel is AMAZING. Love having the speedo and fuel up higher. Seats are comfortable, head and leg room are great. I got sore on extended drives but that was probably my poor posture. Bottom line: After 2 years of ownership I had the chance to purchase another Civic or something comparable, and I bought a Civic."

Awesome

By on Sunday, May 13, 2007

"I have driven the NSX and this car blows it away in handling and acceleration. I can't believe how much power it has left, even in fifth gear. It is like getting a race car for a little over $20,000. What a great value, looks good and can race just about anything out there. At 145 mph, she rides smooth and handles great."

'07' Civic Hybrid

By on Sunday, April 22, 2007

"I've been fairly impressed with the form, fit, and function of the car so far. It is also roomy enough for a small family of four to go places in and not worry about the price of fuel. I really like the ride of the car for it's size. I like a bigger car and I usually drive a truck so this seems to hug the road very well for a smaller vehicle and the power isn't amazing, but it is very adequate."

Love the great gas mileage

By on Friday, May 08, 2015

Pros: "Love the gasmileage"

Cons: "Poorly designed cup holders"

"With over 200K miles and 95% highway, the car is a dream to drive. It has decent acceleration for passing, and it handles well in most weather conditions. My Honda does not like snow, but it has done more than its fair share of going thru it. The front bucket seats are not comfortable enough for the miles I drove each day, so is use a back support. The coffee cup holder, I know it's minor, needs to,be redesigned its a bit of a battle over the cup holder with two people in the front seat. If you are looking for good gas mileage and a dependable car, the Honda Civic Hybrid is it!"

A Great Car!

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "Great looking, great reliability, fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish they had leather seats available in 2006"

"Purchased this new in 2006, when it was Motor Trend Car of the Year. The car still looks like new, except for some minor wear and tear on the seats and door panels. The car seems to run better and better as it ages, and is now more peppy on and off the freeways. We rented a new Chevy Cruze LT last year and were so happy to get back in our Civic after returning home from the airport. Numerous people have expressed admiration for the way it looks, and wonder if it's for sale. Probably will keep it for another 10 years at this rate. It's bulletproof."

Reliable and low cost of ownership

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "Road Noise, rear power locks"

"I bought this car in 2006 and it's now 8 years old. I'm pretty pleased with it and have had no major mechanical issues. It's basically a "point and shoot" vehicle. Cost of ownership has been in line with what I expected when I researched the car before I purchased it. Repair costs could probably be even lower since nearly all the work was done at the dealership. The car gets great gas mileage. Even at 8 years old, it still can get 48MPG on the freeway while driving consistently at 60MPH. Normal driving however is more like 36 highway and 23 city. I like the large windshield and it has decent legroom for a subcompact. Some people don't like the "digital" readout on the dashboard, but I'm fond of it. The trunk has a lot of space and is even more practical with the split rear seating. Road noise is a problem but I drown it out with the radio--this isn't a luxury vehicle. I don't care for the Daytime running lamps either--they'll turn on if the accessories are on and the parking brake isn't engaged. The most frustrating thing with the car has been the rear power locks-they've already been replaced twice. I have gone through two sets of brakes and the sway bar link broke recently. Other than that there have been no major issues--certainly none with the engine, pumps, transmission, or suspension (other than the swaybar link). I'm just an average driver and compared to may last car, the Civic is very responsive, fun to drive and reliable. It has a relatively low cost of ownership and should be a hassle free experience as long as you keep up with the maintenance."