2006 Honda Civic

Based on 1894 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

A Great Car!

By on Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pros: "Great looking, great reliability, fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish they had leather seats available in 2006"

"Purchased this new in 2006, when it was Motor Trend Car of the Year. The car still looks like new, except for some minor wear and tear on the seats and door panels. The car seems to run better and better as it ages, and is now more peppy on and off the freeways. We rented a new Chevy Cruze LT last year and were so happy to get back in our Civic after returning home from the airport. Numerous people have expressed admiration for the way it looks, and wonder if it's for sale. Probably will keep it for another 10 years at this rate. It's bulletproof."

Reliable and low cost of ownership

By on Monday, March 2, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "Road Noise, rear power locks"

"I bought this car in 2006 and it's now 8 years old. I'm pretty pleased with it and have had no major mechanical issues. It's basically a "point and shoot" vehicle. Cost of ownership has been in line with what I expected when I researched the car before I purchased it. Repair costs could probably be even lower since nearly all the work was done at the dealership. The car gets great gas mileage. Even at 8 years old, it still can get 48MPG on the freeway while driving consistently at 60MPH. Normal driving however is more like 36 highway and 23 city. I like the large windshield and it has decent legroom for a subcompact. Some people don't like the "digital" readout on the dashboard, but I'm fond of it. The trunk has a lot of space and is even more practical with the split rear seating. Road noise is a problem but I drown it out with the radio--this isn't a luxury vehicle. I don't care for the Daytime running lamps either--they'll turn on if the accessories are on and the parking brake isn't engaged. The most frustrating thing with the car has been the rear power locks-they've already been replaced twice. I have gone through two sets of brakes and the sway bar link broke recently. Other than that there have been no major issues--certainly none with the engine, pumps, transmission, or suspension (other than the swaybar link). I'm just an average driver and compared to may last car, the Civic is very responsive, fun to drive and reliable. It has a relatively low cost of ownership and should be a hassle free experience as long as you keep up with the maintenance."

Love Honda

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"I've owned this car for the last five years I bought it brand new so i am the only owner. I lovee this car it's extremely reliable and provides great comfort. Also, it's very sporty and stylish. However, A few things that have bothered me is the inside of the car tends to scratch easily and also it is hard to see the front end of the car. Otherwise, this is a great, reliable car. Drives very smooth too."

Good car. But paint problems have been painful

By on Saturday, August 3, 2013

"We bought this si brand new and it has been very good to us. But the paint problems for us and many other civic owners has been quite embarrassing."

Excelent

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Acceleration, comfort, mpg, attention getter :)"

Cons: "Lack of aftermarket"

Just a real beauty. :)

"I bought my '07 Civic Ex w/ Nav ( <- Rare ) about 4 months ago. Although that is a very short time, I'm still just as in love with it as I was when I found it. The factory nav is very stylish and looks much better than the stock stereo. The premium sound system isn't stellar, but it is definitely a good starter. Being 17, my insurance is quite high though ($187/month). The exterior of the car is what started to draw me in, but once i got in and sat down, it was hard to pull myself away from it. The gauge cluster is really a love it or hate it design with the electronic speedo right in front of you, and the tac down lower. I, personally, loved it from first sight. But, looks can't determine the whole purchase. The test drive was the real seller. Seeing as how the whole car is electronically controlled, the pedals are extremely sensitive. It's extremely smooth at any speed. Pushing 80 on cruise control and feel like you're riding a cloud. The acceleration is great, but not too much. It'll get right up and go with a 0-60 at about 7 seconds. Which is just fine by me, wanting anymore would make you upgrade to the SI. The gas mileage is just fantastic, i'm averaging at 30 mpg with more city than highway. The highest ive had is about 36 with 90% highway. With proper care and maintenance, this car will last for a very long time. In my honest personal opinion, this sporty little car is perfect for younger people who don't want to spend a ton of cash on a decent, long lasting car. Plus it's a Honda. You can't go wrong with this well established brand."

Just a real beauty. :)

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "low price, fun to drive, efficient"

Cons: "cheap cpt, door locks, wheels scratch easily"

"Only a couple of complaints. The carpets mats are quite flimsy and are made of cheap materials -- which show wear. Also, 2 of the automatic door locks quit working last Summer. Honda dealer said they could see what was wrong -- but it would cost a lot, since they would be taking off the door panels. Overall tho, I love this car, and I have owned a lot of cars in my day. Dependable, efficient, comfortable, easy, cute. What more could one ask for?"

Love It

By on Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Stylish, Great Gas Mileage"

Cons: "It's a 4cyl so you are not going to get fast speed"

"Best Vehicle I have Owned, I just recently traded-In my Honda Odyssey (I loved that as well) but the Gas was killing me !!! So I decided to purchase a 2008 Honda Civic, Well that was one of the best decision I ever made about a car:) Rides Great and I'm loving that a full tank of gas last me about a week and a half and that's with me going to work Monday-Friday (25-30miles)."

Second Civic First Si

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "fast for 4cylinder and for the mpg, handling"

Cons: "not so spacious in the back"

"I initially purchased the 07 civic ex in 2007 and I loved it. I got great gas mileage, it was a flashy car, hugged the road amazingly, just all around a great car. I really wanted the si version of it though, so a year later I traded it for the 08 si and I love it just as much as the ex. BUT it is much faster, an extra 30 hp and when the vtech kicks in it's a nice extra boost. I have almost 140k on this and the most I have had to replace was brakes, rotors, and tires. Hondas are truely amazing cars."

Makes a great first car

By on Friday, December 7, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, economical"

Cons: "Backseat leg room"

"I got the 2009 Civic coupe EX as a first car a few months ago. I had wanted something more luxurious, but for now the most practical vehicle for me is this one. It feels like it could never break down. It always starts on the first turn of the key, never makes any strange noises, and just the feel of the basic buttons and knobs makes you think they're going to last a million years. It's very easy to drive, park, and take care of. Might not be a Mercedes, but it is a marvel of engineering. The ONLY thing I would change about the car is the instrument panel. If you turn on the lights, the panel dims, and this can strain your eyes in the early morning or evening."

This is the best car that I have had.

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Lack of storage space."

"I am totally impressed with this car. I am getting between 30-38 Miles a gallon and the only thing that I have had to do is replace the brakes and get a new key other than normal maintenance. I would recommend this car to anyone."