2006 Honda Civic

Based on 1885 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "low price, fun to drive, efficient"

Cons: "cheap cpt, door locks, wheels scratch easily"

"Only a couple of complaints. The carpets mats are quite flimsy and are made of cheap materials -- which show wear. Also, 2 of the automatic door locks quit working last Summer. Honda dealer said they could see what was wrong -- but it would cost a lot, since they would be taking off the door panels. Overall tho, I love this car, and I have owned a lot of cars in my day. Dependable, efficient, comfortable, easy, cute. What more could one ask for?"

Makes a great first car

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, economical"

Cons: "Backseat leg room"

"I got the 2009 Civic coupe EX as a first car a few months ago. I had wanted something more luxurious, but for now the most practical vehicle for me is this one. It feels like it could never break down. It always starts on the first turn of the key, never makes any strange noises, and just the feel of the basic buttons and knobs makes you think they're going to last a million years. It's very easy to drive, park, and take care of. Might not be a Mercedes, but it is a marvel of engineering. The ONLY thing I would change about the car is the instrument panel. If you turn on the lights, the panel dims, and this can strain your eyes in the early morning or evening."

Great Overall Small Car

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Great Mileage, Fun to drive, Great overall car!"

Cons: "Squeaks in the plastic interior."

"I purchased this car in order to get great mileage, and it does just that for my commute. I am super pleased with it. I am on my second set of tires, which wear nice and evenly. The engine does not eat oil(I measure), I do change it every 4000 miles. The car has a few squeaks that drive me nuts in the plastic interior pieces. I sold a pickup for this car and I went from 10 mpg diesel to an average or 33mpg! I use the coupe as a truck and it handles all the stuff I can get in it. My highway mileage is right around 37 mpg. Honda has been great for me and my extended family. I without a doubt expect at least another 200,000 miles until a trade in will occur. The last honda made it to 280,000 with VERY minimal repairs."

This is the best car that I have had.

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Lack of storage space."

"I am totally impressed with this car. I am getting between 30-38 Miles a gallon and the only thing that I have had to do is replace the brakes and get a new key other than normal maintenance. I would recommend this car to anyone."

Fun car so far.

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, Fun to drive, Cool design, Trunk spac"

Cons: "No cup holders in back, makes a rattle"

"I just got a 2009 Honda Civic about 3 weeks ago. I owned a chevy Malibu before this Honda and I'm happier with the Honda. It hasnt been a long time with the Civic but I enjoy the car very much so far. The interior seems different and decent (seen better, seen worse) but for the price of the car its good. The drive to the car is smooth and fun. The longest drive I have done in it so far was 2 hours with no stops. The ride was fine and comfortable. The only thing I really hate is that sometimes the back of the car makes a ratteling noise but I knew it made that noise going into the deal. I also know a lot of people who own civics and they all said they have not had problems with the car. So far I am pretty impressed with the car and its a good deal compared to what else is out there in the price range."