2006 Honda Civic

Based on 1899 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

A Great Car!

By on Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pros: "Great looking, great reliability, fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish they had leather seats available in 2006"

"Purchased this new in 2006, when it was Motor Trend Car of the Year. The car still looks like new, except for some minor wear and tear on the seats and door panels. The car seems to run better and better as it ages, and is now more peppy on and off the freeways. We rented a new Chevy Cruze LT last year and were so happy to get back in our Civic after returning home from the airport. Numerous people have expressed admiration for the way it looks, and wonder if it's for sale. Probably will keep it for another 10 years at this rate. It's bulletproof."

Love Honda

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"I've owned this car for the last five years I bought it brand new so i am the only owner. I lovee this car it's extremely reliable and provides great comfort. Also, it's very sporty and stylish. However, A few things that have bothered me is the inside of the car tends to scratch easily and also it is hard to see the front end of the car. Otherwise, this is a great, reliable car. Drives very smooth too."

Good car. But paint problems have been painful

By on Saturday, August 3, 2013

"We bought this si brand new and it has been very good to us. But the paint problems for us and many other civic owners has been quite embarrassing."

Excelent

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Acceleration, comfort, mpg, attention getter :)"

Cons: "Lack of aftermarket"

Just a real beauty. :)

"I bought my '07 Civic Ex w/ Nav ( <- Rare ) about 4 months ago. Although that is a very short time, I'm still just as in love with it as I was when I found it. The factory nav is very stylish and looks much better than the stock stereo. The premium sound system isn't stellar, but it is definitely a good starter. Being 17, my insurance is quite high though ($187/month). The exterior of the car is what started to draw me in, but once i got in and sat down, it was hard to pull myself away from it. The gauge cluster is really a love it or hate it design with the electronic speedo right in front of you, and the tac down lower. I, personally, loved it from first sight. But, looks can't determine the whole purchase. The test drive was the real seller. Seeing as how the whole car is electronically controlled, the pedals are extremely sensitive. It's extremely smooth at any speed. Pushing 80 on cruise control and feel like you're riding a cloud. The acceleration is great, but not too much. It'll get right up and go with a 0-60 at about 7 seconds. Which is just fine by me, wanting anymore would make you upgrade to the SI. The gas mileage is just fantastic, i'm averaging at 30 mpg with more city than highway. The highest ive had is about 36 with 90% highway. With proper care and maintenance, this car will last for a very long time. In my honest personal opinion, this sporty little car is perfect for younger people who don't want to spend a ton of cash on a decent, long lasting car. Plus it's a Honda. You can't go wrong with this well established brand."

Just a real beauty. :)

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "low price, fun to drive, efficient"

Cons: "cheap cpt, door locks, wheels scratch easily"

"Only a couple of complaints. The carpets mats are quite flimsy and are made of cheap materials -- which show wear. Also, 2 of the automatic door locks quit working last Summer. Honda dealer said they could see what was wrong -- but it would cost a lot, since they would be taking off the door panels. Overall tho, I love this car, and I have owned a lot of cars in my day. Dependable, efficient, comfortable, easy, cute. What more could one ask for?"