2006 Honda Civic

Based on 1828 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Honda quality and durability are gone!

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Handles nice"

Cons: "Worst of the 4 Hondas owned!"

"I have owned 4 Honda vehicles - this will be my last. I would rather drive my 1998 Civic because I don't know what will go wrong next with this one. Wind shield wiper motor after 30 months, sun visors that deformed from heat, AC unit had to be replaced, starter had to be replaced, interior finished on steering wheel wore off in 4 years, HVAC lite buttons almost all out. Sad but my 1998 has only needed a catalytic converter at 230,000 miles."

Everything I wanted/hoped in 140k miles

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Great price/value and very economical"

Cons: "Sun Visor melted--that's it"

"I knew I was going to be driving a lot and wanted and reliable but comfortable car that was economic to drive. This EX civic met every expectation I had."

Very nice vehicle with many miles left on it.

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, price, easy to drive."

Cons: "body dents, back seat leg room."

"You would not be making a mistake to buy."

Great Commuter Car

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Reason: Totaled

Pros: "Reliability, Fuel Economy, Handling, Safety"

Cons: "Fit/Finish, Cosmetic Issues, Motor Mounts"

After the car was hit head on at 35 MPH, airbag deployed, State Farm deemed it a total loss.

"We bought our 2009 Honda Civic LX in June of 2010 with 30,000 miles on it. It replaced a 1996 Toyota Camry that had well over 225,000 miles on it. I put over 120,000 miles on it in 4.5 years. I was planning on keeping it for at least 5 more years, but I was hit head on at 35 mph by a girl that ran a red light, totaling the car. I walked away from the accident unharmed, as the airbag and seatbelt protected me. Over the course of 120,000 miles, the only major service performed was replacing the motor mounts at 110,00 miles which seemed a little premature, but a $300 service for 120,000 miles is nothing. Other that that, I put on 2 new sets of front brakes and 2 new sets of tires over the time I had it. I was very surprised at how well the car drove for such a basic econobox. Crisp handling, good steering feel, great fuel economy (always 31+ even with Max A/C and 35+ no A/C highway driving), safety, reliability, smooth transmission. Good car for basic transportation! Only complaint is the premature motor mount failure and fit/finish issues. The black trim outside on the window frames faded and peeled, chrome Honda logo on steering wheel tarnished, grip on steering wheel peeled off, sun visors broke 4 times, hubcaps peeled, weatherstripping around doors did not fit properly. But all those issues were purely cosmetic and did not affect the drivability of the car."

A very dependable car.2006 Honda CIVIC EX

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "great mileage and good commuter car"

Cons: "50,000 mi. and a cracked engine block."

"The only issue I have with the car is it started leaking water back in Nov. of 2014.The engine had 50,166 mile. I took it to a couple of local shops hoping to get the problem recitified. They were unable to locate the problem. I took it to the Honda dealer and they found a cracked block. I was told the car was out of warranty but "Honda had decided to extend the warranty and replace the engine". I was very thankful and it has been humming along for 2 monthes now. It concerns me a little that I ddin't get the 1/2 million miles out of engine but Honda was right there to back me up."