2006 Honda Civic

Based on 1763 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Totally Awesome

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Resale, gas mileage, reliability, fun to drive"

Cons: "No complaints"

"We purchased this car new in 2008. We had a ton of negative equity & wanted to finally unbury ourselves. We wanted a car that would last a 72 month term. Well, we just made the last payment & the car has 95,000 miles. I traded in my truck (2007 Silverado) on a 2014 Honda Accord Sport on 6/29/2014 and gave it to my wife. Because of the reliability of the Civic, I just visited the Honda service department & asked what needs maintenance........I changed the fluids & was told its next service is due at 160,000 miles!!!!' I will be driving this Civic 125/day & wouldn't hesitate driving it across country. I just priced it on Kelley Blue book & it's still worth $12,000. I have never wrote a car review before, but had to on this one. I now will be experiencing 36mpg vs. 15mpg in the truck.....do the math & you'll see the 2014 Honda Sport was FREE !"

great car for the size and price tag

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "great car for the price"

Cons: "sun visor on the driver's side came off"

"I never have been a small car person, but when the gas prices went up so much I had to buy a small car that gets good mileage to drive the 43 miles each way to work. The Honda Civic is a great little car for that, with getting 37 mpg. Mechanically, the only thing I have done is replace the blower motor for the AC, and that was a $96 part and a guy at work put it in for me in ten minutes."

5 years and counting starts everytime!

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Save money, good resale, smart design all the way."

Cons: "Not a race car. One on every block, also pro"

"I love this car. It gets the job done and looks good but not flashy. Also cops never see us because there are too many of us. Like a zebra in a heard you can zip around and corner."

Can't go wrong w/a Honda. Outstanding Reliability

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, economical, sporty."

Cons: "Not much trunk space-but does open into back seat"

2009 Honda Civic LX with custom chrome wheels

"One, non-smoker owner (Grandma's car). All Honda recommended maintenance records available, custom chrome wheels, tinted windows, tow hitch. Excellent condition in and out. Had minor fender bender and repairs were done by a certified Honda recommended body shop."

2009 Honda Civic LX with custom chrome wheels

Solid Performer, Honda Quality & Reliability.....!

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Strong Resale Value, Solid Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Road Noise, Must Get EXL Trim to have heated seats"

Pre-delivery.

"This is our 3rd Civic EX sedan, and its also the nicest thus far. We trade every 5-yrs, with my wife getting the new sedan, I getting her used, and trading my 10-yr old sedan in against the new sedan. We also have an Accord EXL Sedan that is only driven for family trips, out of area trips, and weekend use as our Civic's are our daily sedan's. The only issue with the 2009 Ex Sedan is the road noise from the OEM Goodyear Eagle RSA tires that came on the civic. When I took it over earlier this year, I put 4-new michelins on that are the same as whats on our Accord. Big difference. Other than that, the '09 Civic EX sedan its a great vehicle and the MCR for 2009 adds some flair to the nose & tail. We always wait for the MCR(mid cycle refresh)before we buy our new model as it usually will save us money by getting new stock items that were options originally plus a refreshed look."

Pre-delivery.