2006 Honda Civic

Based on 1810 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Not cool, not comfortable, but not a bad car

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "reliable, fuel efficient, easy to see out of"

Cons: "seats are uncomfortable"

"I just got this car as a hand-me-down from my parents when my Prius got totaled. It is fuel efficient, not as good as my 2005 Prius was, but the biggest advantage I recognized right away was the visibility. I always loved the way the Prius looked but literally had to turn my head every time I wanted to change lanes because the blind spots in the rear view and side mirrors were so huge. Now I also realize the value of daytime running lights, after my Prius got hit by someone who "just didn't see me." The biggest drawback is it has a sluggish quality when accelerating from a stop, and the seats are terribly uncomfortable (the reason my mom was so happy to give it up). I think some people's backs wouldn't mind the seats (if you don't have a butt). So, safety wise from a driver's standpoint, an easier car, but after my Prius saved me from getting hurt with its side-curtain airbags, I can't say it's a safer car. Definitely thinking of selling this one and getting something a little bigger, because I live in the country where everyone drives a truck (which is what hit me)."

Hondas are SO reliable and stylish

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "value, reliability, style"

Cons: "paint job, road noise"

"I loved this car! I have to sell it because of knee surgery (currently it's a 5-speed) but it's served me well and has not caused me any mechanical problems. I've enjoyed it's design and comfort. The only issue is it's road noise (the engine is quiet and hums along) compared to higher-priced cars, but it's still a great car. I want another honda!"

great mileage,very reliable, low cost of ownership

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Styling , low cost of ownership, reliability,"

"I purchased this car late in 2011 before the 2012 came out because I did not like the styling of the 2012 redesign. The 2011 Civic Exl is a proven design. Very reliable, fuel efficient, well designed, And a great car to run around in for a family of four. We have two young children and no pets. It's been a perfect car for our family. The split fold down rear seats are a real handy feature. Love this car. Dash controls are well laid out, intuitively placed, and work flawlessly!"

good on gas

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Reason: tired of the small feel

Pros: "good on gas"

"I bought this car when I retired. I did not know about how much I would need to live so I down sized way to much after 6years I wanted to get a more comfortable ride I upsized to a 2015 FORD FUSION and I'm loving the new ride it is a beautified ride"

Economical and Keeps Value!

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, handles very well."

Cons: "Standard version hasn't many bells or whistles."

"I love all the Hondas I have driven. The Civic is the most economical non-hybrid they make. You can't beat the gas mileage. With proper maintenance, you will keep this car running forever. I expect to get at least 200,000 out of this one."

Great, reliable commuter car

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and cheap"

Cons: "Not much horsepower & uncomfy seats"

"I have one complaint about my Honda Civic ... that the seats are not comfortable. Otherwise, it's a wonderful car. I have had no issues whatsoever with this vehicle. It is reliable as can be, very low maintenance costs, and great on gas. I drive 120 miles round trip to work every day and have loved the experience. The car is nimble and very easy to drive. It takes a little while to get to cruising speed, but once there, it just keeps on going. I highly recommend this car if you need an effective and efficient mode of transportation."

great economy car, troble free & great gas mileage

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, dependability, ease of driving, roomy"

Cons: "not a good highway car,"

"My son bought it new & i bought it from him about six months ago. No problems, and the gas mileage is terrific. Great city car, although I would get an automatic but the stick is one of the smoothest shifting manuals i have driven. Would definitely buy a new one but that may be a while, my insurance agent has an 07 civic with 175000 miles with no problems."

Have driven Hondas for a long time.

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "Dependable and trouble free."

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"I love this car because I haven't had any issues with it! It has always run perfect. Never had trouble with it. I do think that without a dealership with integrity, a car will be so, so. My dealership has been top notch at all times. I followed my servicing guidelines and did oil changes at recomended periods. Car has been trouble free. All my Hondas have be troublefree. My trade ins would have been excellent used car puchases!!"

Great little car!

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

"I am the second owner of this car. I have had to replace headlight bulbs twice, and I highly recommend having this done by a service person. The hassle of doing it yourself is not worth it. You have to remove the wheel well cover, then maneuver your hand up and around stuff to get to the bulb. It is NOT easy. Other than the headlight bulbs, I have only had to get new tires and front brakes done."

Absolute best car !

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pros: "GAS SAVER GALORE"

Cons: "CONS HARD TO FIND THEM"

"Very nice car with all the extras of a more expensive car. no issues at all.I will recommend this car to anyone that wants to save on gas and have a great car."