2006 Honda Civic

Based on 1810 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Not cool, not comfortable, but not a bad car

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "reliable, fuel efficient, easy to see out of"

Cons: "seats are uncomfortable"

"I just got this car as a hand-me-down from my parents when my Prius got totaled. It is fuel efficient, not as good as my 2005 Prius was, but the biggest advantage I recognized right away was the visibility. I always loved the way the Prius looked but literally had to turn my head every time I wanted to change lanes because the blind spots in the rear view and side mirrors were so huge. Now I also realize the value of daytime running lights, after my Prius got hit by someone who "just didn't see me." The biggest drawback is it has a sluggish quality when accelerating from a stop, and the seats are terribly uncomfortable (the reason my mom was so happy to give it up). I think some people's backs wouldn't mind the seats (if you don't have a butt). So, safety wise from a driver's standpoint, an easier car, but after my Prius saved me from getting hurt with its side-curtain airbags, I can't say it's a safer car. Definitely thinking of selling this one and getting something a little bigger, because I live in the country where everyone drives a truck (which is what hit me)."

Hondas are SO reliable and stylish

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "value, reliability, style"

Cons: "paint job, road noise"

"I loved this car! I have to sell it because of knee surgery (currently it's a 5-speed) but it's served me well and has not caused me any mechanical problems. I've enjoyed it's design and comfort. The only issue is it's road noise (the engine is quiet and hums along) compared to higher-priced cars, but it's still a great car. I want another honda!"

great mileage,very reliable, low cost of ownership

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Styling , low cost of ownership, reliability,"

"I purchased this car late in 2011 before the 2012 came out because I did not like the styling of the 2012 redesign. The 2011 Civic Exl is a proven design. Very reliable, fuel efficient, well designed, And a great car to run around in for a family of four. We have two young children and no pets. It's been a perfect car for our family. The split fold down rear seats are a real handy feature. Love this car. Dash controls are well laid out, intuitively placed, and work flawlessly!"

good on gas

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Reason: tired of the small feel

Pros: "good on gas"

"I bought this car when I retired. I did not know about how much I would need to live so I down sized way to much after 6years I wanted to get a more comfortable ride I upsized to a 2015 FORD FUSION and I'm loving the new ride it is a beautified ride"

Economical and Keeps Value!

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, handles very well."

Cons: "Standard version hasn't many bells or whistles."

"I love all the Hondas I have driven. The Civic is the most economical non-hybrid they make. You can't beat the gas mileage. With proper maintenance, you will keep this car running forever. I expect to get at least 200,000 out of this one."

Great, reliable commuter car

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and cheap"

Cons: "Not much horsepower & uncomfy seats"

"I have one complaint about my Honda Civic ... that the seats are not comfortable. Otherwise, it's a wonderful car. I have had no issues whatsoever with this vehicle. It is reliable as can be, very low maintenance costs, and great on gas. I drive 120 miles round trip to work every day and have loved the experience. The car is nimble and very easy to drive. It takes a little while to get to cruising speed, but once there, it just keeps on going. I highly recommend this car if you need an effective and efficient mode of transportation."

great economy car, troble free & great gas mileage

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, dependability, ease of driving, roomy"

Cons: "not a good highway car,"

"My son bought it new & i bought it from him about six months ago. No problems, and the gas mileage is terrific. Great city car, although I would get an automatic but the stick is one of the smoothest shifting manuals i have driven. Would definitely buy a new one but that may be a while, my insurance agent has an 07 civic with 175000 miles with no problems."

Have driven Hondas for a long time.

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "Dependable and trouble free."

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"I love this car because I haven't had any issues with it! It has always run perfect. Never had trouble with it. I do think that without a dealership with integrity, a car will be so, so. My dealership has been top notch at all times. I followed my servicing guidelines and did oil changes at recomended periods. Car has been trouble free. All my Hondas have be troublefree. My trade ins would have been excellent used car puchases!!"

Great little car!

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

"I am the second owner of this car. I have had to replace headlight bulbs twice, and I highly recommend having this done by a service person. The hassle of doing it yourself is not worth it. You have to remove the wheel well cover, then maneuver your hand up and around stuff to get to the bulb. It is NOT easy. Other than the headlight bulbs, I have only had to get new tires and front brakes done."

Absolute best car !

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pros: "GAS SAVER GALORE"

Cons: "CONS HARD TO FIND THEM"

"Very nice car with all the extras of a more expensive car. no issues at all.I will recommend this car to anyone that wants to save on gas and have a great car."

Love it X 10!

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "Too many to list."

Cons: "not enough to make a difference."

2008 Honda Civic Si "Mugen inspired"

"When I was a teenager I had a 1987 CRX Si that was black and beautiful. As time went on I've had many other cars but, it was the Civic CRX Si that I always compared it to. Now that I am older and have kids it is no wonder I feel this car was made just for me. A sporty 6 speed, Sunroof sedan that is fun to drive as well as look at. I feel in love with the FiJi blue and if you know me, the fact that I up graded the stereo, put custom wheels on it, added the factory skirt would be no surprise to you. It really is a great value all the way around. "5 Thumbs Up"!"

2008 Honda Civic Si "Mugen inspired"

Good Spacious car

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

"I have enjoyed this car it is reliable car good on milage it is good space in the back and a roomy truck that folds in the back seats for more storage."

drives just like a sport car.

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

"If I had my way, I would buy another Civic in a minute. I have replaced motor mount, and brake pads also battery. Sun visors were faulty replaced twice on warranty, not too bad for seven years."

It's my Tron Car! Fast & Furious No Doubt

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, quick, great handling, gas mileage"

Cons: "seats and seat belts meant for 20 somethings."

"I love the handling and the MPG. It never breaks down, and is sturdy. I am getting older and the seats being so low to the ground are for younger men than me."

DEPENDABLE!!! Basic is very basic...

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, gas mileage, sleakness of the car"

Cons: "Lack of features with the LX, weak stereo"

"Being a poor college graduate student, this car has been extremely reliable and dependable; exactly what I was looking for. Gas mileage is superb and the car drives smoothly. However, I have the LX model which is very limited regarding features. If I was given the opportunity to re-do my purchase I would go for the EX... A little more cash for a lot more features. The unique speedometer area is pretty cool which I like. The sound system is weak."

This car is a good first car.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Affordability, Great Gas Mileage, Compact"

Cons: "Poor Sound Quality for Stereo, Small/Slow engine"

"So I have had the 09 civic for a year now. I bought it in October of 2013. It was the first car I purchased on my own and I was in love for the most part in the beginning. It had a few problems (as any used car would) For example, I had to replace the breaks almost immediately after buying the car. That was a small inconvenience. I still like my car. It is really nice compared to what most young people my age drive. However the main problem I have is that it is a 4 cylinder. The engine is tiny, and therefore the car is slow. That would be the number one issue. The other thing that is likely to annoy you is the sound system that is stock with this car. It is not powerful at all. But, if you don't particularly mind a weak system that doesn't deliver premium sound quality, then you should be fine. Overall this car has been an enjoyable first car, I just am already prepared to move on from it.... and it has only been a year. So maybe that speaks for itself?"

brake is not functional in heavy rain or sown.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"I have been in two troubles . It could not stop normally in sown day or rain. one time I rolled onto lawn to avoided crash. The other I cut off left lane to avoid crashed someone's rear trank of car."

Great vehicle with great mileage

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Cute, great mileage for long drives."

Cons: "Not enough oomph, blind spots"

"Great mileage, but not as good as the manufacturer claims. A little gutless and tinny, but that is common with hybrids and I knew it when I bought it. Still didn't like that I couldn't accelerate a little faster from a stop because it can be a little dangerous to not be able to get out of the way quickly. It lost a little more value in the two and half years since I've owned it and that was pretty disappointing. I thought buying a used vehicle would hedge against loss, but not in this case. I would definitely buy another one, if the power were a little greater in a newer model."

Wish I bought a different model

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "manual locks"

"Great on gas and reliable. Interior design is fair to poor,in my opinion. Front seats are not so comfortable and headrests are poorly positioned. Steering wheel blocks view of odometer. Must lean forward to see cars on left side as design blocks your view. Design also blocks view in rear corners. Manual locks are a pain! I LOVE Honda's reliability, but this model's design has a lot to be desired. Wish I kept my Saturn...will probably trade in for a different Honda model."

economical and reliable

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "economical, fun to drive"

Cons: "low ground clearance, donut spare"

"Bought this with intentions of wearing it out. Have to replace it with something with an automatic transmission because my wife is having problems shifting gears. It has gotten 43 mpg typically. The mileage drops to the rated 36 mpg only when the AC is operating. It has required nothing beyond normal maintenance in the 40kmiles we have owned it. Two negatives: My wife's only objection is the low ground clearance; she calls it her snowplow in the winter. We don't care for the artificial spare tire because we live a significant distance from the big name tire dealers. We replaced it with a full-size spare, which does not fit well in the trunk."

Awsome Cars

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Easy going"

"These cars are very easy going..."

A real disappointment!

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

"Hybrid battery started to die while still under warrantee, but held out until just after. (Honda did reimburse replacement cost as result of a class action suit.) Steering is sloppy; brakes are erratic. Acceleration varies immensely depending on the charge status of the hybrid battery. Seats are uncomfortable (cut off circulation behind the knees and force me to hold me head forward, not upright). Visors would not stay in place and eventually fell to pieces. Highway mileage is much worse than commute mileage."

Great startup car!

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Reason: upgrade

Pros: "Gas mileage, agility, reliable"

Cons: "road noise, engine power"

"As a startup car, this Honda Civic is really the way to go. Gas mileage is incredible, as 34+ mpg mixed is a norm even with traffic. It is also agile enough for driving in crowded place. I like the handling and comfort on making any turns. There were no problems at all for any important part of the car after 7 years of ownership. The only issue is the documented sun visor problem, which can be replaced at dealership at no cost. Two major cons are unavoidable with this car. First, the engine is not powerful for those who like to accelerate fast (mine was a LX version). Secondly, this car is not designated for quiet drive. However, as a startup car, these are not the major factors for consideration."

very reliable,economic transportation,roomy enough

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

"only problem,front brake pads.replaced 6 times,3 of those Honda paid,its crazy never had a car that needed pads so quick.my odyssey last for more that 50k and its a van.also plastic sunvisors brake often from the heat I guess.im on my third one,first one under warranty. paint default also I have a black one,got letter from dealer to repaint at no cost but they need the car for 5 days and no loaners.hood,fenders,roof and trunk and its only 3 year old car go figure!!!"

Great mileage, un-comfortable seats, no engine PWR

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage"

Cons: "very un-comfortable seats, no sun-roof, poor AC"

"Great gas mileage, very un-comfortable seats. Seats are so bad that 1/2 hour long trips, create a sore back. Car is to low to the ground, poor look ahead visibility. The car is gutless. no acceleration power. I'm scared every time I get in the freeway or have to speed up to avoid traffic."