2006 Honda Civic

Based on 1866 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Fun car so far.

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, Fun to drive, Cool design, Trunk spac"

Cons: "No cup holders in back, makes a rattle"

"I just got a 2009 Honda Civic about 3 weeks ago. I owned a chevy Malibu before this Honda and I'm happier with the Honda. It hasnt been a long time with the Civic but I enjoy the car very much so far. The interior seems different and decent (seen better, seen worse) but for the price of the car its good. The drive to the car is smooth and fun. The longest drive I have done in it so far was 2 hours with no stops. The ride was fine and comfortable. The only thing I really hate is that sometimes the back of the car makes a ratteling noise but I knew it made that noise going into the deal. I also know a lot of people who own civics and they all said they have not had problems with the car. So far I am pretty impressed with the car and its a good deal compared to what else is out there in the price range."

Extremely reliable, love this car.

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Very Reliable"

Cons: "Passenger side visor is faulty."

"Owned from 40K miles to 183K. Only had to change brakes and a battery, nothing more. My only complaint is the gas mileage started dropping after 100K, but it probably just needs a tune up."

Fantastic Car In All Areas

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Quality, Fast"

Cons: "No Cons"

"The Honda Civic Si is one of the best cars on the market. It is a go-kart disguised as a sedan, so much fun to drive, 6-speed close ratio manual transmission, great suspension, Honda reliability means it will last forever, great price, great gas mileage, very utilitarian, people will be so jealous of you if you own this car!"

Flawless (outside of snow)

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"I'll put it to you this way: I wanted to upgrade to a better car so I went to test drive a BMW 3 series and a Cadillac CTS. While both had more than twice the horsepower and other ridiculous enhancements, NEITHER WAS BETTER THAN MY LITTLE HONDA! Awesome stuff: -Accelerator is super responsive! <---biggest difference between my Honda and the "big boys" -Digital speedometer looks super cool! -Tons of room: for a smaller sedan, the civic is quite spacious, at least for the front 2 seats. The dashboard and windshield have a unique shape and angle that I've never seen before. This puts them an extra foot away from the driver, make it feel even more spacious. -Gas mileage: the lowest I ever got was ~22, the highest I got was ~34. absolutely cannot complain about the efficiency there. Not so fun: -FWD: this really means one wheel has all the power, and the other 3 are just following. In the snow (which I see a lot of), this is bad. I've never crashed in it, though, so it can't be that bad. -<150 horsepower 4 cylinder: you get what you pay for I suppose. It will climb any hill, but it might take a few extra seconds than the giant SUV next to you (still faster than a semi though...) The bottom line: If you're looking for a car in this price range, there can't possibly be anything better. Just drive it once, just once. You will be absolutely hooked! (I had to abandon my dreams of owning a BMW because of my Honda addiction...)"

Saved my life

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I owned one of these for two years before I got t-boned, driver's door, by an SUV doing 35 mph that had ran a red light. Side-curtain and side-torso air bags deployed. Impaction of my car was about 12 inches, but I barely had a scratch on me. I know all new cars are safer these days but it really shows on this Civic! No problems at all in 2 years of ownership. Hyper-miled for 2/3 of a tank, with the other 1/3 city driving with A/C on and I still got 36 MPG about a week before the wreck. Insurance totaled the car for only $500 below what I paid for it (2 years old, 28k miles). Held it's value extremely well. EX, sedan. Steering and power are better than average for a sporty, small sedan. Ride is a little bit loud, but not bad. Interior styling is simply wonderful, or maybe it's wonderfully simple? Steering mounted audio and cruise controls. Two-tiered instrument panel is AMAZING. Love having the speedo and fuel up higher. Seats are comfortable, head and leg room are great. I got sore on extended drives but that was probably my poor posture. Bottom line: After 2 years of ownership I had the chance to purchase another Civic or something comparable, and I bought a Civic."