2005 Honda Civic

Based on 1795 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

BEST CAR OUT THERE

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, great price, long lasting"

Cons: "Doesn't accelorate like I want it to"

"This is my first car. I've had it for 4 years and I've definitely put some miles on it. I bought it used for around $12,000-4 years ago- with only 50,000 miles on it. It runs great, low maintenance, great gas mileage, and I intend on having this car for another 10 years. When they make another car that gets this kind of mileage at an affordable price I may consider upgrading. I've only had to get oil changes and change out my breaks because of how frequently I drive this car. This is a great first time car that will last your child at least a decade."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "This car is amazing"

Cons: "style is a little plain"

"I bought this car brand new in 2003. It currently has 283,215 miles and it is still going strong. It still gets incredible gas mileage and is the epitome of a low maintenance vehicle. Other than routine maintenance (oil, tires, timing belt, brakes, tune ups) the only issue I have ever had with this car was that the thermostat went out once about 6 years ago. This car is a hammer, you can't break it. I have had it for 12 years and it has been as steady as a rock. It has been paid for for 7 years and I will still get around $3k for it when I sell or trade."

Love this car. Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, reliable, economical, resale value"

Cons: "lack of power in low gears (as expected for 1.7L)"

"Fantastic car! It's 12 years old and I have only performed minor maintenance and upkeep on the car. It's still pretty zippy for a 1.7L engine. Great gas mileage. Trunk is more spacious than you might think. Very easy to work on and find parts. Interior, exterior, and engine has held up great over the years. I live in the Midwest and I have never had a problem getting around in this car during or after a snow storm. I have owned, GMC, Chevy, Ford, and Nissan vehicles. This car is by far the best quality vehicle I have had. Sorry Detroit. You've never made a product this good. 108,000 miles and still going strong."

LOVE IT

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

"This car is amazing. very reliable, good on gas and it is fun to drive. maintenance is minimal and it is very cheap. it looks very small from outside but it is very spacious inside. plenty of room in the back and there are four cup holders."

Runs like a Champ 169000 miles owned 7 years

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Relibility, fuel Economy, easy to work on"

Cons: "typical small car ride, no key less remote entry"

Still going strong and looking good.....

"Head liner is coming off no biggie,I change oil every 5k mile, replaced windsheld wiper bushings $6 and 2 hours of my time,replaced cam postion sensor $18 and 3 hours of my time. All routine maintance I have done my self 42mpg highway 34mpg around town no complaints I think t will go forever no check engine light on Chris from Winchester, Ky."

Still going strong and looking good.....

Purrrrrfic engine

By on Saturday, March 27, 2010

"First Honda I have owed, bought used at 28,000 miles. I now have 108,000 miles. Pot holes in my city have done some damage to the front end a few times, but the engine is incredible. My previous American Made cars cannot compare to the quality of the engine that Honda makes. They perfected the 4 cylinder gas engine. 30 MPH in the city, up to 39 MPH on the highway. The down side is that I don't have any excuses to trade it in. It works too well. Expect to pay about a $1000 to your mechanic at 100,000 miles when you change the timing belt. Other than that, just an occassional oil change is needed and avoidance of potholes is recommended."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"I now have right at 120,000 miles on my Civic EX and she still runs perfectly. I've had the car for over 5 years now. I've had no problems with it whatsoever, have only had to do regular maintenance, oil changes, etc on it. The car gets EXCELLENT gas mileage. I can go a long way on a tank of gas, it's amazing and something I'm very greatful for as gas prices rise. I would recommend this car to anyone. It's safe, comfortable and affordable."

I love this car - I wish it was still available!

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Really fun to drive and hatchback is practical"

Cons: "None, other than it's a small car"

"This car was my favorite car ever, and if it was still available I'd buy it again. It's the perfect combination of sporty & practical."

I LOVE MY CAR

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"I bought this car with 5 miles on it. I drove it back and forth all through college and pharmacy school. I moved out of town in 2007 (about 200 miles away) and continue to drive back and forth all the time. I now have almost 120,000 miles on it and with the 4th kid on the way, my husband is finally making me sell it to get something bigger. I have never had any issues with this car. It has been wonderful, reliable, comfortable, and an all around great car."

BEST ALL AROUND CAR EVER MADE.

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

"Overall - if you put a score on all the different (value, functional) characteristics of cars and added them up, I think this car would come out with the highest score of all time. Considering - adding up a value of: price (less than $15k), reliability, durability / longevity, trade-in value, maintenance costs, handling, basic comfort, noise level, acceleration, versatility, capacity (particularly for its class), mileage [overall - hwy, city, summer, winter ave: 42 mpg, Highway ave: 45, highest (4 times): 56 mpg, lowest ever (in winter city) 32 mpg]; NOT considering: aesthetics - appearance, creature comforts - gadgets, etc. --- BEST ALL AROUND CAR EVER MADE."