2005 Honda Civic

Based on 1766 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Honda's old saying, "We make it simple"

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "fun, simple, great gas miles...a blast to drive"

Cons: "none to speak of"

"I own a 2005 civic lx coupe...I love this car, it has 74k miles now and never a problem at all! I get in, turn the key and it goes, better yet, continues to go all the time..never a problem ever. Fit and finish are excellent, oil changes are simple (always at 1500 miles). Who could ask for more in a daily commuter car, it's so comfortable, all the creature comforts, and never a worry on a short commute or a 3500 mile trip. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for great simple transportation. Honda's slogan in the early 80's was "We make it simple"...they sure do....I still have my 1980 accord LX 3dr that I bought new in 1980 for 6500.00, fully restored now with 90k original miles, driven only in good weather...I am the typical 2 Honda Family......"

Passes the gas station, but not quickley,...

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Economic to operate, easy to maintian"

Cons: "No Power Windows, engine is under powered"

"If you are looking for reliable, basic transportation the 2005 Honda Civic "Value Model" is the car for you. Change the oil every 3000 miles, fill it with gas and go. I am averaging about 38 MPG on the freeway with the minor improvements I have made. I put in a K&N air filter, Bosch Triple Platinum spark plugs, change the oil and add ProLong oil treatment every time. Your freeway mileage will be reduced if you try to pass or overtake other vehicles. The zero to 60 time means that you will get up to 60MPH sometime tomorrow. Time based maintenance tasks are quick, easy and affordable. The only major operation I have had to do is replace the serpentine belt at 70K miles. Otherwise, breaks, lube, cooling system flush are all predictable and affordable. Pros: It is a great little car and once you warm up the squirrels that power it, it can be fun to drive. By fun I mean that it will handle like an oversized go-cart. I'm using Parrelli Elite Series tires and they stick to the road like a wet stamp in tight corners. The low profile hood offers great visibility and field of view. The interior layout is convenient and easily accessible, with minimal distraction. It does offer a tilt steering column that makes gage observation and driving position less strenuous as it would without. For a stock, Basic Honda it does offer a decent sound system and CD player. When I win the lottery and can afford a McLaren, Austin Martin or Bugatti,... I would actually keep this car as a daily driver. Cons: If you are over 6 feet tall, you may have to fold your knees into your chest to get into the car. The cabin and cockpit area is not especially spacious, yet what do you want for it being a compact sedan. When the side window is in the up position, the crank handle will be in the side of your left knee, yet you do get use to it after a while. While the stereo & CD player is adequate it does not offer a 3.5mm MP3 / iPod input plug. Additionally, if you disconnect or remove the vehicle battery, the stereo will lock up, requiring the use of an unlock code. Fortunately, I knew the original owner personally and was able to afford the dealership the appropriate information to obtain the unlock code. Otherwise, you will have to take it to the dealership and they will charge you from $60.00 to $80.00 to unlock your radio. The 12 volt accessory plug is allocated behind the passengers side cup holder, so if you have a plug (Phone Charger, GPS, etc.) that is a little large, you will have difficulties using the cup holder. At high speeds (65 - 70 MPH), you will experience some road noise. Actually, the road noise is only rivaled by a space shuttle lift off. If you are using a Bluetooth headset, you will have to pump up the volume to 11. Additionally, if your Bluetooth is sensitive, the person on the other side of the phone will complain about background noise. The only other notable problem with operability (Other than lacking power) is the yellowing of the outer headlamp covers. While the anti oxidation cleansers work a little, always note that most of the oxidation is on the inside of the lens cover."

Love this car. Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, reliable, economical, resale value"

Cons: "lack of power in low gears (as expected for 1.7L)"

"Fantastic car! It's 12 years old and I have only performed minor maintenance and upkeep on the car. It's still pretty zippy for a 1.7L engine. Great gas mileage. Trunk is more spacious than you might think. Very easy to work on and find parts. Interior, exterior, and engine has held up great over the years. I live in the Midwest and I have never had a problem getting around in this car during or after a snow storm. I have owned, GMC, Chevy, Ford, and Nissan vehicles. This car is by far the best quality vehicle I have had. Sorry Detroit. You've never made a product this good. 108,000 miles and still going strong."

Runs like a Champ 169000 miles owned 7 years

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Relibility, fuel Economy, easy to work on"

Cons: "typical small car ride, no key less remote entry"

Still going strong and looking good.....

"Head liner is coming off no biggie,I change oil every 5k mile, replaced windsheld wiper bushings $6 and 2 hours of my time,replaced cam postion sensor $18 and 3 hours of my time. All routine maintance I have done my self 42mpg highway 34mpg around town no complaints I think t will go forever no check engine light on Chris from Winchester, Ky."

Still going strong and looking good.....

Reliable Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"We have owned the vehicle since 2005 and is a great vehicle. Nothing flashy but good dependable commuter car."

love my car

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"best car i have ever owned love honda's. worst part about the car is its to small for a family. great teenager car though."

Purrrrrfic engine

By on Saturday, March 27, 2010

"First Honda I have owed, bought used at 28,000 miles. I now have 108,000 miles. Pot holes in my city have done some damage to the front end a few times, but the engine is incredible. My previous American Made cars cannot compare to the quality of the engine that Honda makes. They perfected the 4 cylinder gas engine. 30 MPH in the city, up to 39 MPH on the highway. The down side is that I don't have any excuses to trade it in. It works too well. Expect to pay about a $1000 to your mechanic at 100,000 miles when you change the timing belt. Other than that, just an occassional oil change is needed and avoidance of potholes is recommended."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"I now have right at 120,000 miles on my Civic EX and she still runs perfectly. I've had the car for over 5 years now. I've had no problems with it whatsoever, have only had to do regular maintenance, oil changes, etc on it. The car gets EXCELLENT gas mileage. I can go a long way on a tank of gas, it's amazing and something I'm very greatful for as gas prices rise. I would recommend this car to anyone. It's safe, comfortable and affordable."

Good Commuter car

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"this car gets really good gas milage and it has a little bit of pep. Your not going pullin 10 second quarter miles but its pretty good"

I love this car - I wish it was still available!

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Really fun to drive and hatchback is practical"

Cons: "None, other than it's a small car"

"This car was my favorite car ever, and if it was still available I'd buy it again. It's the perfect combination of sporty & practical."