2004 Honda Civic

Based on 1723 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

The best car I ever owned

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "Best car I ever owned"

Cons: "No cons"

"There's nothing wrong with this car. It's not fancy, or sexy, or pretty, but it just does what it is supposed to do, day after day. I drove it through the worst of Hurricanes Katrina and Gustav, and it never flinched. Neither rain nor sleet nor flood nor howling winds can stop this car. It took me five years to realize that this ordinary-looking Civic was the best car I have ever owned. And it's not even close."

Fun and reliable car

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "price, fun, safety, reliable, good pick up"

Cons: "had to have car painted after 7 years"

"This car has served me well and has given me little expense over the years in repairs. Very reliable, good mpg, especially on highway. I have a manual trans., so fun to drive."

reliable 37 mpg

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "reliable good mleage good leg and head room"

Cons: "non"

"My Honda Civic has never needed repairs. It routinely gets 37 mpg. Perfect car."

best ecomony dependable car

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Cons: "I HAVE TO TRAVEL LONG DISTANCES AND AT 206000.."

"this is a great car for running around town and making short runs, gas milage wonderul, always ready to go and maintenace is not $$$$ costly"

Responsive, reliable all season nice looking easy

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "reliable, good mileage, cute car"

Cons: "DriverBlind spot look out back window, noisy cabin"

"2005 civic is safe, reliable, economical and an easy responsive car to drive. I've never felt comfortable keeping a car for more than 75,000 miles. I still feel safe and comfortable with over 100,000 miles."

very reliable, wish I still had it

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Reason: crashed it

Pros: "very roomy, great resale value, very reliable"

Cons: "weak engine, basic interior"

"This car is extremely reliable, very fuel economical, and overall handles great. I wish I hadn't totaled it."

Best car ever.No mechanical issues in 10yrs.

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

"I will keep this car till it stops in its tracks. I should be able to get at least another 200,000 miles out of it. Just keep the oil changed and do nomal upkeep and Ta Da you've got an awesome car thats worth every dime."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "reliable, dependable, economical, fun- great car!"

Cons: "needs more space and maybe more amenities"

"This has been a rock-solidly reliable car. I have owned my 2003 Civic for six years. I gought it with 53K or so miles and put another 200K on it. The gas mileage has been excellent and few problems have arisen: The motor mounts failed at 120K & the alternator at 180K. Both of these are more than reasonable. The car handles and drive well and is sporty. It could use more space, but it is a small car."

good car for what I needed.

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"I have owned my Civic for over 7 years now. For the first 3 years I drove it a lot due to my job. I always felt comfortable and knew it was a reliable car. The gas mileage didn't seem to be the best, I expected better, but maybe that was my misconception about a Honda. My car now has over 214,000 miles on it and this past year has been rough. We had an extremely rough winter and I ended up needing to replace the battery and alternator. Then in the spring it was the front axle and brakes. A knocking noise from the right front tire followed which never seemed to be resolved which very well could have been a mechanic issue. Maybe this is all normal wear and tear with cars but it seems to all have happened at once so to speak. I like Honda and honestly see myself owning another one, most likely a Civic, again. They are tough, reliable cars and it seems you can drive the snot out of them."

never a problem!

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "reliability"

"Original Owner, very reliable, color white"

Single owner,very well maintained

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Great price"

"Anti theft alarm installed by owner Bought new,still drives like almost new,never had any engine problems,tires almost new,new brakes. Great mileage. Great car for the money."

Excellent condition. No issues

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Stylish and economical."

"This car is in excellent condition. Only reason I did not rate as exceptional is because we had minor body work to repair other driver caused minor benders. All repaired with new parts. Only reason selling this great & fuel efficient car is that we need 4-Wheel drive for s On going to school over a mountain range."

great, reliable car for a small family or teenager

Reason: trade-in

Pros: "fun to drive"

"I chose a Civic for my first car to buy and I don't regret it for a second! Very reliable and fun to drive. Worked as hard as I did and I drove a lot for school and various vacations. Stayed in the Honda family when I purchased a new car and just upgraded to an Accord which I am also very happy with."

Passes the gas station, but not quickley,...

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Economic to operate, easy to maintian"

Cons: "No Power Windows, engine is under powered"

"If you are looking for reliable, basic transportation the 2005 Honda Civic "Value Model" is the car for you. Change the oil every 3000 miles, fill it with gas and go. I am averaging about 38 MPG on the freeway with the minor improvements I have made. I put in a K&N air filter, Bosch Triple Platinum spark plugs, change the oil and add ProLong oil treatment every time. Your freeway mileage will be reduced if you try to pass or overtake other vehicles. The zero to 60 time means that you will get up to 60MPH sometime tomorrow. Time based maintenance tasks are quick, easy and affordable. The only major operation I have had to do is replace the serpentine belt at 70K miles. Otherwise, breaks, lube, cooling system flush are all predictable and affordable. Pros: It is a great little car and once you warm up the squirrels that power it, it can be fun to drive. By fun I mean that it will handle like an oversized go-cart. I'm using Parrelli Elite Series tires and they stick to the road like a wet stamp in tight corners. The low profile hood offers great visibility and field of view. The interior layout is convenient and easily accessible, with minimal distraction. It does offer a tilt steering column that makes gage observation and driving position less strenuous as it would without. For a stock, Basic Honda it does offer a decent sound system and CD player. When I win the lottery and can afford a McLaren, Austin Martin or Bugatti,... I would actually keep this car as a daily driver. Cons: If you are over 6 feet tall, you may have to fold your knees into your chest to get into the car. The cabin and cockpit area is not especially spacious, yet what do you want for it being a compact sedan. When the side window is in the up position, the crank handle will be in the side of your left knee, yet you do get use to it after a while. While the stereo & CD player is adequate it does not offer a 3.5mm MP3 / iPod input plug. Additionally, if you disconnect or remove the vehicle battery, the stereo will lock up, requiring the use of an unlock code. Fortunately, I knew the original owner personally and was able to afford the dealership the appropriate information to obtain the unlock code. Otherwise, you will have to take it to the dealership and they will charge you from $60.00 to $80.00 to unlock your radio. The 12 volt accessory plug is allocated behind the passengers side cup holder, so if you have a plug (Phone Charger, GPS, etc.) that is a little large, you will have difficulties using the cup holder. At high speeds (65 - 70 MPH), you will experience some road noise. Actually, the road noise is only rivaled by a space shuttle lift off. If you are using a Bluetooth headset, you will have to pump up the volume to 11. Additionally, if your Bluetooth is sensitive, the person on the other side of the phone will complain about background noise. The only other notable problem with operability (Other than lacking power) is the yellowing of the outer headlamp covers. While the anti oxidation cleansers work a little, always note that most of the oxidation is on the inside of the lens cover."

Great reliable care that sips gas

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage. 5 speed is fun to drive"

Cons: "Not alot of power...made for sipping gas"

"Excellent quality and value in this car. Gets 45 mpg and keeps going and has never let me down. Would definitely purchase another one."

A great car!

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "very reliable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "wish I would have gotten a 4 door"

"I have had this car for 13 years and I love it. It has never broken down on me and gets great gas mileage (around 38 MPG combined). It has exceeded my expectations of it. Based on my purchase price, it has cost me about $1000 a year (not including maintenance) which is a pretty good deal. Considering its present performance, I expect it has another 100,000 miles in it. If there is any problem with the car, it is that I opted for a sportier coupe when I bought it in my 20s and now it's a little awkward having to flip the seats forward for my friends to crawl in the back."

Crazy Reliable! Hondas last forever!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "reliable, fuel economy, sporty, lasts forever"

"This is my first car and being a broke college student, I haven't kept up with maintaining it like I should. Haven't kept it as clean as I should and have put off several repairs for a long time. Despite this, it still runs just fine and I know it will still run for several more years at least. Only with a Honda would put up with my less than superior skills of taking care of a car. Any problems I've had with it (check engine light on, messed up interior and exterior, ect.) have been my fault. If you want a durable, reliable car that will last forever. choose a civic or an accord! I've never gotten less than 30 mpg with it. Not very roomy inside but comfortable and easy to drive. Fits in most compact car parking spaces. Mine is bright red in color and looks sporty."

What a great car!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Two doors"

My Car!

"I got this car as my first car and i have to say that i really love it it. I couldn't have asked for anything better."

My Car!

BEST OF SMALL CARS

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "great price, very good in gas"

Cons: "i have no negative comments about this car"

"I had 2 Honda cars and i am looking to buy a new one, i had good experiences with Honda cars, my civic is 10 yrs old and still in perfect condition, they keep going and going, this is a good car to get, specially for females, very low to maintain, if you are like me "gas and go" this is the car."

i love this car just want a k.b.b.perice.......

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"this car has been well maintain. Clean"

So RELIABLE

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

"This car has never failed me while driving! Never even replaced my timing belt and it has almost 140 k miles. Looks good on the outside and inside but the inside materials are a little bit cheap. Also super great on gas. Little noisy and not so fun to drive but what do you expect from a v4."

Going on 13 years without a repair.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "economical, reliable, environmentally favorable"

Cons: "no air conditioning in my car"

"This 2002 Honda Civic is basic: manual EVERYTHING. The only failures or worn out items so far are tires and windshield wipers. No brake jobs, no batteries, no clutches, and who knows what else people always need to have fixed. I just took it in for a major service check and the mechanic said it was "perfect." The car gets excellent gas mileage and has low emissions. My last car was a 1982 Accord, which was still in perfect mechanical condition when I donated it to a worthy cause in 2002."

Best overall vehical I've ever owned. For a 1.7 li

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Cons: "little low to the ground"

"Love this vehical, just wanting to but a new model 2dr"

Love this car

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Amazing car!!"

Cons: "Doesn't have intermitent wipers"

"Have owned my 2001 Civic since 2004 and am just getting rid of it this year. Still sad about it. Great car, perfect interior, fun to drive, looks great."

Sporty Dependable Car

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"Great gas mileage, no surprises under the hood."