2004 Honda Civic

Based on 1722 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Single owner,very well maintained

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Great price"

"Anti theft alarm installed by owner Bought new,still drives like almost new,never had any engine problems,tires almost new,new brakes. Great mileage. Great car for the money."

Excellent condition. No issues

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Stylish and economical."

"This car is in excellent condition. Only reason I did not rate as exceptional is because we had minor body work to repair other driver caused minor benders. All repaired with new parts. Only reason selling this great & fuel efficient car is that we need 4-Wheel drive for s On going to school over a mountain range."

great, reliable car for a small family or teenager

Reason: trade-in

Pros: "fun to drive"

"I chose a Civic for my first car to buy and I don't regret it for a second! Very reliable and fun to drive. Worked as hard as I did and I drove a lot for school and various vacations. Stayed in the Honda family when I purchased a new car and just upgraded to an Accord which I am also very happy with."

Passes the gas station, but not quickley,...

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Economic to operate, easy to maintian"

Cons: "No Power Windows, engine is under powered"

"If you are looking for reliable, basic transportation the 2005 Honda Civic "Value Model" is the car for you. Change the oil every 3000 miles, fill it with gas and go. I am averaging about 38 MPG on the freeway with the minor improvements I have made. I put in a K&N air filter, Bosch Triple Platinum spark plugs, change the oil and add ProLong oil treatment every time. Your freeway mileage will be reduced if you try to pass or overtake other vehicles. The zero to 60 time means that you will get up to 60MPH sometime tomorrow. Time based maintenance tasks are quick, easy and affordable. The only major operation I have had to do is replace the serpentine belt at 70K miles. Otherwise, breaks, lube, cooling system flush are all predictable and affordable. Pros: It is a great little car and once you warm up the squirrels that power it, it can be fun to drive. By fun I mean that it will handle like an oversized go-cart. I'm using Parrelli Elite Series tires and they stick to the road like a wet stamp in tight corners. The low profile hood offers great visibility and field of view. The interior layout is convenient and easily accessible, with minimal distraction. It does offer a tilt steering column that makes gage observation and driving position less strenuous as it would without. For a stock, Basic Honda it does offer a decent sound system and CD player. When I win the lottery and can afford a McLaren, Austin Martin or Bugatti,... I would actually keep this car as a daily driver. Cons: If you are over 6 feet tall, you may have to fold your knees into your chest to get into the car. The cabin and cockpit area is not especially spacious, yet what do you want for it being a compact sedan. When the side window is in the up position, the crank handle will be in the side of your left knee, yet you do get use to it after a while. While the stereo & CD player is adequate it does not offer a 3.5mm MP3 / iPod input plug. Additionally, if you disconnect or remove the vehicle battery, the stereo will lock up, requiring the use of an unlock code. Fortunately, I knew the original owner personally and was able to afford the dealership the appropriate information to obtain the unlock code. Otherwise, you will have to take it to the dealership and they will charge you from $60.00 to $80.00 to unlock your radio. The 12 volt accessory plug is allocated behind the passengers side cup holder, so if you have a plug (Phone Charger, GPS, etc.) that is a little large, you will have difficulties using the cup holder. At high speeds (65 - 70 MPH), you will experience some road noise. Actually, the road noise is only rivaled by a space shuttle lift off. If you are using a Bluetooth headset, you will have to pump up the volume to 11. Additionally, if your Bluetooth is sensitive, the person on the other side of the phone will complain about background noise. The only other notable problem with operability (Other than lacking power) is the yellowing of the outer headlamp covers. While the anti oxidation cleansers work a little, always note that most of the oxidation is on the inside of the lens cover."

Great reliable care that sips gas

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage. 5 speed is fun to drive"

Cons: "Not alot of power...made for sipping gas"

"Excellent quality and value in this car. Gets 45 mpg and keeps going and has never let me down. Would definitely purchase another one."