2004 Honda Civic

Based on 1738 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Single owner,very well maintained

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Great price"

"Anti theft alarm installed by owner Bought new,still drives like almost new,never had any engine problems,tires almost new,new brakes. Great mileage. Great car for the money."

Excellent condition. No issues

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Stylish and economical."

"This car is in excellent condition. Only reason I did not rate as exceptional is because we had minor body work to repair other driver caused minor benders. All repaired with new parts. Only reason selling this great & fuel efficient car is that we need 4-Wheel drive for s On going to school over a mountain range."

great, reliable car for a small family or teenager

Reason: trade-in

Pros: "fun to drive"

"I chose a Civic for my first car to buy and I don't regret it for a second! Very reliable and fun to drive. Worked as hard as I did and I drove a lot for school and various vacations. Stayed in the Honda family when I purchased a new car and just upgraded to an Accord which I am also very happy with."

Passes the gas station, but not quickley,...

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Economic to operate, easy to maintian"

Cons: "No Power Windows, engine is under powered"

"If you are looking for reliable, basic transportation the 2005 Honda Civic "Value Model" is the car for you. Change the oil every 3000 miles, fill it with gas and go. I am averaging about 38 MPG on the freeway with the minor improvements I have made. I put in a K&N air filter, Bosch Triple Platinum spark plugs, change the oil and add ProLong oil treatment every time. Your freeway mileage will be reduced if you try to pass or overtake other vehicles. The zero to 60 time means that you will get up to 60MPH sometime tomorrow. Time based maintenance tasks are quick, easy and affordable. The only major operation I have had to do is replace the serpentine belt at 70K miles. Otherwise, breaks, lube, cooling system flush are all predictable and affordable. Pros: It is a great little car and once you warm up the squirrels that power it, it can be fun to drive. By fun I mean that it will handle like an oversized go-cart. I'm using Parrelli Elite Series tires and they stick to the road like a wet stamp in tight corners. The low profile hood offers great visibility and field of view. The interior layout is convenient and easily accessible, with minimal distraction. It does offer a tilt steering column that makes gage observation and driving position less strenuous as it would without. For a stock, Basic Honda it does offer a decent sound system and CD player. When I win the lottery and can afford a McLaren, Austin Martin or Bugatti,... I would actually keep this car as a daily driver. Cons: If you are over 6 feet tall, you may have to fold your knees into your chest to get into the car. The cabin and cockpit area is not especially spacious, yet what do you want for it being a compact sedan. When the side window is in the up position, the crank handle will be in the side of your left knee, yet you do get use to it after a while. While the stereo & CD player is adequate it does not offer a 3.5mm MP3 / iPod input plug. Additionally, if you disconnect or remove the vehicle battery, the stereo will lock up, requiring the use of an unlock code. Fortunately, I knew the original owner personally and was able to afford the dealership the appropriate information to obtain the unlock code. Otherwise, you will have to take it to the dealership and they will charge you from $60.00 to $80.00 to unlock your radio. The 12 volt accessory plug is allocated behind the passengers side cup holder, so if you have a plug (Phone Charger, GPS, etc.) that is a little large, you will have difficulties using the cup holder. At high speeds (65 - 70 MPH), you will experience some road noise. Actually, the road noise is only rivaled by a space shuttle lift off. If you are using a Bluetooth headset, you will have to pump up the volume to 11. Additionally, if your Bluetooth is sensitive, the person on the other side of the phone will complain about background noise. The only other notable problem with operability (Other than lacking power) is the yellowing of the outer headlamp covers. While the anti oxidation cleansers work a little, always note that most of the oxidation is on the inside of the lens cover."

Great reliable care that sips gas

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage. 5 speed is fun to drive"

Cons: "Not alot of power...made for sipping gas"

"Excellent quality and value in this car. Gets 45 mpg and keeps going and has never let me down. Would definitely purchase another one."

A great car!

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "very reliable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "wish I would have gotten a 4 door"

"I have had this car for 13 years and I love it. It has never broken down on me and gets great gas mileage (around 38 MPG combined). It has exceeded my expectations of it. Based on my purchase price, it has cost me about $1000 a year (not including maintenance) which is a pretty good deal. Considering its present performance, I expect it has another 100,000 miles in it. If there is any problem with the car, it is that I opted for a sportier coupe when I bought it in my 20s and now it's a little awkward having to flip the seats forward for my friends to crawl in the back."

Crazy Reliable! Hondas last forever!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "reliable, fuel economy, sporty, lasts forever"

"This is my first car and being a broke college student, I haven't kept up with maintaining it like I should. Haven't kept it as clean as I should and have put off several repairs for a long time. Despite this, it still runs just fine and I know it will still run for several more years at least. Only with a Honda would put up with my less than superior skills of taking care of a car. Any problems I've had with it (check engine light on, messed up interior and exterior, ect.) have been my fault. If you want a durable, reliable car that will last forever. choose a civic or an accord! I've never gotten less than 30 mpg with it. Not very roomy inside but comfortable and easy to drive. Fits in most compact car parking spaces. Mine is bright red in color and looks sporty."

What a great car!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Two doors"

My Car!

"I got this car as my first car and i have to say that i really love it it. I couldn't have asked for anything better."

My Car!

BEST OF SMALL CARS

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "great price, very good in gas"

Cons: "i have no negative comments about this car"

"I had 2 Honda cars and i am looking to buy a new one, i had good experiences with Honda cars, my civic is 10 yrs old and still in perfect condition, they keep going and going, this is a good car to get, specially for females, very low to maintain, if you are like me "gas and go" this is the car."

i love this car just want a k.b.b.perice.......

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"this car has been well maintain. Clean"

So RELIABLE

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

"This car has never failed me while driving! Never even replaced my timing belt and it has almost 140 k miles. Looks good on the outside and inside but the inside materials are a little bit cheap. Also super great on gas. Little noisy and not so fun to drive but what do you expect from a v4."

Going on 13 years without a repair.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "economical, reliable, environmentally favorable"

Cons: "no air conditioning in my car"

"This 2002 Honda Civic is basic: manual EVERYTHING. The only failures or worn out items so far are tires and windshield wipers. No brake jobs, no batteries, no clutches, and who knows what else people always need to have fixed. I just took it in for a major service check and the mechanic said it was "perfect." The car gets excellent gas mileage and has low emissions. My last car was a 1982 Accord, which was still in perfect mechanical condition when I donated it to a worthy cause in 2002."

Best overall vehical I've ever owned. For a 1.7 li

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Cons: "little low to the ground"

"Love this vehical, just wanting to but a new model 2dr"

Love this car

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Amazing car!!"

Cons: "Doesn't have intermitent wipers"

"Have owned my 2001 Civic since 2004 and am just getting rid of it this year. Still sad about it. Great car, perfect interior, fun to drive, looks great."

Sporty Dependable Car

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"Great gas mileage, no surprises under the hood."

Love My Baby

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "everything!"

Cons: "nothing!"

"I've had this car going on 8 years now. I purchased it 68K. I'm now at 163K. This was my college car so most of my miles are highway since I went to school about 2 hours from my hometown. I've had no major work done other than the normal maintenance. Staying in New Orleans had messed my struts up, so I have replaced those. It really was the best car ever. Looking to sell my baby and upgrade a newer model or either the accord. Tall people can fit and be very comfortable in this car. I'm a 5'9 chick and I ride comfortably. Even my boyfriend who is 6'6 drives comfortably whenever we take my car. The only con I have is when it comes to moving, I can't fit a lot in my car. However, I was a college student so of course I had a lot of stuf. But how moves often anyway right? (: I have the DX model where it is manual locks and windows however I actually like it better that way."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

"My civic has been reliable from day one. Even with 195K miles, I am still getting 35mpg on the highway. Regular preventative maintenance keeps it running strong."

First car and was definitely worth it!

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Spacious, reliable."

Cons: "Nothing."

Freshly washed!

"I've had my car for two years now and have absolutely loved it! I've kept it maintained regularly and it runs like it did when it had 15,000 miles on it!"

Freshly washed!

overall, best car I have owned

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "great mpg, great commuter, very reliable"

Cons: "bouncy in rear, put 50lb bag of sand in trunck"

"I have owned a lot of vehicles in my 56 years of life,I have had sports cars, pickups,van,luxury cars suvs after repairs and dependability the civic has been the overall winner."

Excellent Value

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "good price, excellent mileage"

Cons: "Poor interiors"

"Been using this car for about 2 years now. Provides good comfortable ride. Had couple of issues with it, but it was mroe due to my fault than the car itself. Overall, provides excellent value for the price."

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "VERY ECONOMICAL CAR."

Cons: "NOT ALOT OF POWER."

"I PURCHASED THIS CAR WITH 18,000 MILES ON IT. IT NOW HAS AROUND 136,000. IN THAT TIME I WAS NEVER STUCK ONCE. I REPLACED AN ALTERNATOR AND STARTER. NEITHER WENT AND LEFT ME STRANDED. OTHER THAT THE PARTS MENTIONED AND ROUTINE MAINTENANCE I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE. IT GETS GREAT GAS MILEAGE. SOMEWHERE IN THE 35-38 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY (WITH THE LITTLE FOUR CYLINDER). I HAVE MANY FRIENDS THAT OWN THE SAME MODEL CAR. ONE IS APPROACHING 300,000 AND THE CAR IS STILL RUNNING WELL."

I love this car - I wish it was still available!

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Really fun to drive and hatchback is practical"

Cons: "None, other than it's a small car"

"This car was my favorite car ever, and if it was still available I'd buy it again. It's the perfect combination of sporty & practical."

Good little car

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "its a honda!"

Cons: "struts do go bad easily,but it a cheap fix."

"I love it! it has been so reliable,cheap and easy to maintain. I read people have had problems with theirs but,that seems to be in the automatic version.i think the kbb is way too low for a car like this seeing how any 90's honda go's for about the same."

Love this car. Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, reliable, economical, resale value"

Cons: "lack of power in low gears (as expected for 1.7L)"

"Fantastic car! It's 12 years old and I have only performed minor maintenance and upkeep on the car. It's still pretty zippy for a 1.7L engine. Great gas mileage. Trunk is more spacious than you might think. Very easy to work on and find parts. Interior, exterior, and engine has held up great over the years. I live in the Midwest and I have never had a problem getting around in this car during or after a snow storm. I have owned, GMC, Chevy, Ford, and Nissan vehicles. This car is by far the best quality vehicle I have had. Sorry Detroit. You've never made a product this good. 108,000 miles and still going strong."

Reliable and Worth it!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

"My Civic has been to heck and back, and it is still driving. My town is not kind to small cars, but my baby is still driving. She's been flooded, in accidents, and countless road trips. The handling is great, but the 4 cylinder engine leaves a little to be desired. Also, the turning radius isn't quite as tight as I'd like, but it is still really good. Overall it's been awesome owning a Civic, and it has gotten me through the first 8 years of driving great. It's just time to upgrade to more current technology."