2004 Honda Civic

Based on 1782 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Value Package - the best description for this car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "engine, transmission, 40 plus mpg"

Cons: "I'm still thinking"

"If you are looking for a solid, reliable Honda Civic, this is the one you want. This car has value all over it. I paid $11,900 for my 20005, new. 110,000 miles later and I have only paid for basic maintenance items, like oil, tires, brake pads, and timing belt/water pump. I have owned several previous Hondas and do all my own maintenance. This is the sweetest running model (1.7L engine) I have owned. It runs strong in every gear and I can get 45 mpg on the highway at 70 mph. The transmission shifts as smoothly as when new. At idle you can't hear or feel it running. Yea, the older, non-strut suspension models handle much better, but after 110,000 miles everything is as tight as new and no squeaks."

BEST CAR OUT THERE

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, great price, long lasting"

Cons: "Doesn't accelorate like I want it to"

"This is my first car. I've had it for 4 years and I've definitely put some miles on it. I bought it used for around $12,000-4 years ago- with only 50,000 miles on it. It runs great, low maintenance, great gas mileage, and I intend on having this car for another 10 years. When they make another car that gets this kind of mileage at an affordable price I may consider upgrading. I've only had to get oil changes and change out my breaks because of how frequently I drive this car. This is a great first time car that will last your child at least a decade."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "This car is amazing"

Cons: "style is a little plain"

"I bought this car brand new in 2003. It currently has 283,215 miles and it is still going strong. It still gets incredible gas mileage and is the epitome of a low maintenance vehicle. Other than routine maintenance (oil, tires, timing belt, brakes, tune ups) the only issue I have ever had with this car was that the thermostat went out once about 6 years ago. This car is a hammer, you can't break it. I have had it for 12 years and it has been as steady as a rock. It has been paid for for 7 years and I will still get around $3k for it when I sell or trade."

Honda's old saying, "We make it simple"

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "fun, simple, great gas miles...a blast to drive"

Cons: "none to speak of"

"I own a 2005 civic lx coupe...I love this car, it has 74k miles now and never a problem at all! I get in, turn the key and it goes, better yet, continues to go all the time..never a problem ever. Fit and finish are excellent, oil changes are simple (always at 1500 miles). Who could ask for more in a daily commuter car, it's so comfortable, all the creature comforts, and never a worry on a short commute or a 3500 mile trip. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for great simple transportation. Honda's slogan in the early 80's was "We make it simple"...they sure do....I still have my 1980 accord LX 3dr that I bought new in 1980 for 6500.00, fully restored now with 90k original miles, driven only in good weather...I am the typical 2 Honda Family......"

Passes the gas station, but not quickley,...

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Economic to operate, easy to maintian"

Cons: "No Power Windows, engine is under powered"

"If you are looking for reliable, basic transportation the 2005 Honda Civic "Value Model" is the car for you. Change the oil every 3000 miles, fill it with gas and go. I am averaging about 38 MPG on the freeway with the minor improvements I have made. I put in a K&N air filter, Bosch Triple Platinum spark plugs, change the oil and add ProLong oil treatment every time. Your freeway mileage will be reduced if you try to pass or overtake other vehicles. The zero to 60 time means that you will get up to 60MPH sometime tomorrow. Time based maintenance tasks are quick, easy and affordable. The only major operation I have had to do is replace the serpentine belt at 70K miles. Otherwise, breaks, lube, cooling system flush are all predictable and affordable. Pros: It is a great little car and once you warm up the squirrels that power it, it can be fun to drive. By fun I mean that it will handle like an oversized go-cart. I'm using Parrelli Elite Series tires and they stick to the road like a wet stamp in tight corners. The low profile hood offers great visibility and field of view. The interior layout is convenient and easily accessible, with minimal distraction. It does offer a tilt steering column that makes gage observation and driving position less strenuous as it would without. For a stock, Basic Honda it does offer a decent sound system and CD player. When I win the lottery and can afford a McLaren, Austin Martin or Bugatti,... I would actually keep this car as a daily driver. Cons: If you are over 6 feet tall, you may have to fold your knees into your chest to get into the car. The cabin and cockpit area is not especially spacious, yet what do you want for it being a compact sedan. When the side window is in the up position, the crank handle will be in the side of your left knee, yet you do get use to it after a while. While the stereo & CD player is adequate it does not offer a 3.5mm MP3 / iPod input plug. Additionally, if you disconnect or remove the vehicle battery, the stereo will lock up, requiring the use of an unlock code. Fortunately, I knew the original owner personally and was able to afford the dealership the appropriate information to obtain the unlock code. Otherwise, you will have to take it to the dealership and they will charge you from $60.00 to $80.00 to unlock your radio. The 12 volt accessory plug is allocated behind the passengers side cup holder, so if you have a plug (Phone Charger, GPS, etc.) that is a little large, you will have difficulties using the cup holder. At high speeds (65 - 70 MPH), you will experience some road noise. Actually, the road noise is only rivaled by a space shuttle lift off. If you are using a Bluetooth headset, you will have to pump up the volume to 11. Additionally, if your Bluetooth is sensitive, the person on the other side of the phone will complain about background noise. The only other notable problem with operability (Other than lacking power) is the yellowing of the outer headlamp covers. While the anti oxidation cleansers work a little, always note that most of the oxidation is on the inside of the lens cover."