2004 Honda Civic

Based on 1763 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Absolutely the WORST car I ever owned!

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Reason: See review, too many problems to list here.

Pros: "It's a nice looking car inside and out."

Cons: "See the review, too many to list here."

"This car was a disaster from the start. I stupidly traded in the best car I ever owned, a 1990 Honda Civic SI with 204,000 miles on it for a new 2003 Honda Civic EX; the new Honda was back at the dealership for repairs 16 times in less than 18 months and 13,000 miles. The car had very little power and the transmission wanted to shift into overdrive as quickly as possible and then would not downshift without flooring it. I averaged 26 mpg driving the same way as I did the 1990 Civic SI which averaged 30 mpg (it was rated in 1990 at 28 city, 32 highway). Had to use midgrade fuel from the start as the 2003 pinged and rattled on the recommended 87 octane fuel. Biggest gripe: it squeaked and rattled worse than any car I ever owned new OR used. (My research found that this was a very common problem on this body style, from model years 2001 through 2005). Last straw was when the I-beam behind the rear seat broke in the middle; the dealer's repair was to crimp the ends together. I asked them to weld it properly but their reply was: we can't do that, we would have to remove the entire interior of the car, blah blah blah whine whine whine, never mind that the car was still under warranty. I should have contacted the Honda zone office but I had had enough! Instead I immediately went to the closest Mazda dealer, found a 2005 Mazda 3S I liked and made a great deal on it, trading in that piece-of-junk 2003 Civic; the most I could get for the 2 year old Civic with 13,000 miles was $13,000 (new it cost $18,300) - so much for that "great Honda resale value". What 13 years and 204,000 miles accomplished in loyalty with my 1990 Civic SI, Honda destroyed in 18 months and 13,000 miles. I love my Mazda 3 and I will NEVER buy a Honda again!"

I've driven this car for over 10 years. The BEST.

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "Economical, very fun to drive"

Cons: "Not very speedy."

"This car has been the most dependable, reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I will definitely buy another Honda because of my experience with this car."

Great car

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Simple, not fancy"

"I bought this car with 50,000 mile on it, it now has 193,000 8+ yrs later. I have had to replace a few things but the engine has always gotten me where I was going, the clutch is still the orginal clutch, tires wear right on this car, 50,000+ miles on every set, it has always held the alignment on the front end but I do drive smart and I don't hit curbs. This has been the best car I have ever owned! I have owned many Hondas and this one is the best, I have owned Chevys and fords too but this car it the most dependable, least problems, and just a quaility well made car, no rattles, just a solid car!"

Most reliabe vehicle ever

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great around town"

Cons: "Very uncompfortable on road trips!!!"

"This is a great around town car, very reliable, good on gas. This is not a good road trip car as far as comfort goes. Seats are very hard and extremely uncomfortable. Good car otherwise!!!"

great car,dependable,well planned design

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pros: "mpg, quality parts ,well designed, good paint"

Cons: "too high reving ,interior glue fails test of time,"

"better than what I expected, acceptable mpg{30-36mpg},high reving 5sp trans-two high- overall well built, highly recommend."