2004 Honda Civic

Based on 1741 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

good car great mpg fun to drive

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "mpg reliable maintenance free"

Cons: "snow driving not that great"

"I had always been a little tuned off by imports (believe in domestic cars) but i found myself in a bind and all i could afford was my civic. so i took it for a test drive and fell in love. it handles amazing. seems a tank of gas last forever. i am also a mechanic and on my old car (chevy malibu) i was always fixing something. since buying this car a year again i have only changed the oil. and ties. It can handle the abuse that i give it aswell as the elements. i drive it really hard. also when need the maintenance is very low cost. where i bought the car used i can feel the clutch starting to go so i have priced them and they are not very much at all(around 100 no flywheel and thats a performance clutch). and with the civic if you want to up grade there is option after option. the only complaint i have is that its not the greatest in snow. i live in utah and we get a good amount of snow and some of the hills around (including my driveway) i have a hard time getting up. now if you can afford to have summer and winter (i cant). tires im sure it would do just fine with snowtires. over all I LOVE MY CIVC"

My 7th Honda in 46 years, first two were cycles

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and trouble free, great gas miledge..."

Cons: "Didn't have a cd player and less mpg than the CRX"

2002 Honda and new replacement 2015 Honda

"I love this car, my 2nd best that I've owned...the best was my 85 CRX. I have 160,000 trouble free miles on it, only thing replaced has been oil, wipers, brakes and batteries. Still runs great though we use the 2007 Civic more now (I get the 'old Honda' and my wife drives the 8th new one and wheneven we drive together we take the newer one. In all the years I've owned Hondas, never had any problems except for the 1976 Civic (my first Honda car) that I needed to rebuild the head after 186,000 miles. That was the only mechanical problems in nearly a million miles total driving on all the Hondas...I did replace the CRX radiator when a Coyote put his head through it while driving home from the fire department (I'm a volunteer). The photo shows the 2002 Civic that I use and the brand new 2015 Honda (our 9th one) in the background...that's why I'm selling this 2002 and will be replacing it with the wife's 2007. Incidently, we always get white because we live in a desert, white cars are cooler, they get into fewer accidents because they are more visible, and because white paint lasts longer than anyother color."

2002 Honda and new replacement 2015 Honda

Love Honda but disppointed in my 1st Civic

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage and roomy interior for small car"

"inside door handles are not actual metal but covered in silver metal tape that cut my passengers finger. This is my first Civic I have ever owned, previously I owned Honda Acura and four Honda Accords. My civic is dark blue and it began oxidizing when it was 5 years old. The whole roof and hood look terrible. The fact that I live in Arizona is unacceptable excuse. I do keep it garaged. It is immaculate inside and no dings or dents on the body. But the lousy paint job loses some of my value."

Trannies + batteries go at 150k miles

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "Good MPG -- 44 summer, 34 winter. Comfortable."

Cons: "Becomes unsaleable at 150k miles"

"Bought the car in 2010, when it was 7 years old. At 8 1/2 yrs it developed a delay in the start clutch. At 9 years the "Check Engine" light and the IMA battery light were on all the time, codes saying I needed a new battery. The battery shows it charging fine, but it seems it may go at any time, and they are in the range of $2,300. Now, in 2014, (11 years), the start clutch has started to shudder somewhat. Two mechanics have told me the transmissions on these hybrids go at around 150k miles, and this car has 155, so I am going to sell it for parts. Too bad. It was a very good car with few problems otherwise."

very reliable