2003 Honda Civic

Based on 1782 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Best car Iv'e ever owned

By on Sunday, July 19, 2015

Pros: "trouble free"

Cons: "needs a little more power and brakes could be bete"

"Car was trouble free up to about 240,000 miles. Then had problems with an oil leak and water pump. If you do the regular maintence will give you literally trouble free service. Everything still works. interior still in good shape."

Trusted Honda Civic EX

By on Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pros: "dependability!"

"Have owned this car for 14 years. Has been regularly maintained by one of the top Honda service shops in Omaha during that time. Anything it needed got repaired. My daughter used it in high school and college for the last 6 years. Very dependable car; have only had regular maintenance and repairs as needed because of age (187K miles)."

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Had

By on Monday, July 06, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable and great gas mileage"

Cons: "It has no frills and it's a little small"

"I've owned this car for 10 years and 144000 miles. I had to replace a fuse once, the rear bumper had to be replaced after someone hit me, I had to have some free repair done due to a recall, I paid ten dollars to replace the interior door handle (super easy), and a couple years ago the interior trunk lock locked up and I cannot open it with the interior lever any more, but otherwise I have only ever had to do standard maintenance. I feel I have definitely gotten my money's worth. I got the value package and only paid $14,000 for it new back in 2005. I'm about to give it away to a relative, and I still feel it is a very safe and reliable car. I have also appreciated that it gets better fuel mileage than most hybrids."

nice to drive

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pros: "seats are comfortable"

Cons: "small in size"

"it is a very good car"

Fun and reliable car

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "price, fun, safety, reliable, good pick up"

Cons: "had to have car painted after 7 years"

"This car has served me well and has given me little expense over the years in repairs. Very reliable, good mpg, especially on highway. I have a manual trans., so fun to drive."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable. Great mileage."

"This has been the best car I have ever owned and I have had it for almost 14 years. It has always started and has never let me down. I will be sorry to trade it in."

Great First Car

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "trunk size, reliable, compact but not"

Cons: "peeling clearcoat, pick-up, lightness (weight)"

"My father bought me this car when it was only 4 years old and had about 60k miles on it. I was so happy. Great little car--especially for a kid in high school. Compared to the Civic today, it doesn't get nearly as great gas mileage but for a car of it's age, it does pretty well. I can go a few weeks without filling up. At around 120k, the radiator and water pump had to be replaced but I am pretty sure that was due to lack of routine oil changing on my part. Other than that, this car has been so reliable. I drive it across state often--every 3 months or so--sometimes putting 1000 miles on it in one trip to and from. I'm sitting at about 133k miles right now and it's running like a champ. With that said, I am experiencing new car fever big time because, obviously, a 2003...anything...doesn't offer nearly as much technology as almost all cars do today. Lately, I have been renting cars to make my 1k mile trips so I keep miles off of my car because I eventually would like to sell it. The pick up in the 2003 Civic isn't that great. It takes a little bit to be responsive. It was like that when it was younger too--I blame it on the 115 hp. The new Civics have a little bit more hp. If I wasn't looking for more space in a vehicle, I would buy another (newer) Civic--no doubt about that. The reason I gave the "Design" a 5/10 is because about 5 years ago, the clear coat on the exterior began to peel and has continued to get worse. The clear coat on my roof is completely gone--my hood is following rather closely. I have noticed this on other and newer Civics as well, not just mine. I have heard it can be from a lot of things (lack of waxing/washing, salt in the air, UV damage, etc.). I just don't see why Honda hasn't recalled the paint defects from early Civics (I have a friend that has a newer civic and his paint was recalled--got a new paint job for free). Maybe it's just the age of the car, I'm not sure. That is the only big complaint I have about this car/Honda. If I do routine washes and waxing and such, I shouldn't have to STILL worry about the paint slowly coming off of my vehicle. Cargo space (trunk) is AMAZINGLY large for the size of this car. Definitely a perk. This car only has two cup holders in the front and that is it. One of the things that made me obsessed with the car was the gauges. They are blue and red. Also, this car is very light. If you are driving and it is windy, the car can't hold it's own very well. I live in the windiest city in Texas--my car has a lot of rough days on the road just due to the wind. Anyway, I would definitely recommend this car to anyone. It has done me good and I think it would do anyone else good too. A Honda will never let you down."

This is a one owner car.

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"I bought this car new and it is in excellent condition. I have had it serviced every 3,000 miles. I am a lady and have driven most of the miles in my hometown area, out of state only 2 or 3 times. Gas mileage is 30-31 MPG."

Great milage and dependability

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"Got 38 miles per on highway sometimes 40 replaced timing belt and new rotors on front breaks and that's it."

I love this car, it's been a reliable, fun car

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "So nice to drive, very peppy and looks sporty"

Cons: "none, could have MP3 and bluetooth"

"I have had some very pricy automobiles. This car has been with me since 2002. I did not need a 40,000 dollar car to run to the store with so I bought this Civic. I love stick shift as it is more controllable and has so much more pep. It really moves down the road when there is not traffic sitting in front of it. I've kept up with what little maintenance it required. It has not had brakes yet and has just needed a new battery in 2012. I hate to part with it but the snow has me thinking I better get something more aggressive in the snow. It will never snow again if I get another AWD."

Good little car. Gas saver

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"No leaks, need some quieter tires, cause you can hear them alot on the freeway. Easy to maintain. I changed my own air filter, oil, trans oil no problem. It's got power when you step on it."

High content for low price

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "Great value."

Cons: "Prone to head gasket failure"

"Goods: So good I bought two! Materials very nice. Great gas mileage...40mpg on trips at 70-75mph. Back seat roomy once you get there. Looks sharp inside and out. Others: Prone to blow head gaskets. Had this happen twice."

love

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

"I bought my Honda new and I will always drive a Honda, unless they change the way they make them, because I love my Honda and the way it looks!"

Best Car I have owned..

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and economical..."

Cons: "No cons, totally happy with this car."

"I am a Honda lover. I bought this car in 2006 , it had 46,000 miles on it. I have driven it for 6 1/2 years with no problems what so ever. I have changed the oil in it regularly, put new brakes on it and a new battery. That's about it. It's so easy to drive and I hope to drive it for another 100,000 miles. Get's great gas mileage and has never given me one problem. Excellent car!!"

best car in my life and it is so dependable

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "great trunk, dependable"

Cons: "none really"

"the only improvements it needs is better quality seats and better cup holders. It is a great car, hate to let it go."

One sweet whip!!

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Keeps its value, DURABLE!!, Phenomanal drive"

Cons: "Passanger seat is hard to reach release"

"I love my sweet little civvy. It always gets me where I need to go especially since i have long commutes and travel often. The gas mileage is fantastic and the coupe interior is perfect for keeping me comfortable but awake for those long drives. This car is a trooper because it always starts (unless I left the lights on!) and and keeps on going. Bottom line is that I shed tears the day a stupid girl t-boned my innocent little civvy into a curb I parked next to and broke my door and both my axles. These cars may not be the most luxurious or fastest, but as far as getting what you've payed for you need not worry. You will get all you spent plus a love for a machine like no other."

Awesome car- and mileage!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Great MPG, very cute"

Cons: "Small"

"The only reason I didn't give this car a 10/10 on everything is because the cabin is small (my fiancee is 6'6" and he's squished!) and it rides a TAD rough- but of course all of these things are to be expected in a smaller car. Great MPG and awesome turning radius; this little car will last you forever if you take care of it!"

Reliable Car!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "great car for a student or professional"

Cons: "bumpy drive"

"This is a very nice and reliable car. It's so reliable that I passed it down to my daughter.I have the peace of mind knowing she is getting where she has to go safely. This body style is timeless and it's a fun car to drive. The only monies that I have invested in the car is general maintenance. I recently took the car in for an oil change and the mechanic said it's in great shape!"

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Speed"

"Gas mileage is great in this vehicle"

best car i have ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "great price, great fuel economy, drives smooth"

"excellent car for the person looking to save some of that hard earned money from poring into your gas tank. i have had this car for half of it's mileage and have only had to change the starter in it. i even have the same tires that it had on it when i bought it, and they're still full of tread. an amazingly reliable car."

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "It's reliable, easy to maintain, fast, fun, easy t"

"It was more expensive but well worth it. Change the oil and keep driving. I drive the wheels off a car so if you drive like I do buy a Honda or Toyota."

Superstar Fading Away in Old Age

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "great mileage, build quality, handling"

Cons: "old age and finally worn out"

"This was a great car! We bought it new in 03, and it was very spunky and sporty to be an economy car. The fit and finish were far superior to a Toyota sub-compact we used to own. Civics feel like little sports cars and are a lot of fun on twisty roads. Parts breakage has been minimal: cv shaft, two wheel bearings, exhaust leak, and a broken door lock; the majority of these mechanical issues have been within the last year or two. The interior has held up well over time. The car is getting a little tired now, but I would not hesitate to buy another Civic. This was the first new car that I bought that I really loved."

Worth every penny!

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Fantastically reliable"

Cons: "Suspension was shot at about 100K miles"

"I bought this car new and have driven it into the ground and it is still running wonderfully. I would highly recommend this car."

Amazing car! Still going great at 280K. Worth $

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "Super commuter car. Great value."

Cons: "Road noise is louder inside."

"Was worried about buying hybrid technology in 2003,but wanted diamond lane access for my commute. Glad I took the gamble. Best car I ever owned as far as reliability and cost savings. Honda has been great about standing behind it. They replaced the battery unit at 100k. No problems since then."

Only had 1 problem with the car.. ever

By on Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Pros: "everything but the faulty gas flap"

Cons: "probably not great for a really tall person"

"That was the cable that opens the gas tank flap snapped. It was still under warranty so that was an easy/free fix. Other than that, no problems EVER. I don't even have to do much to it. The inside feels intuitive and I can fit in small spaces without feeling claustophobic driving around in it."