2003 Honda Civic

Based on 1707 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable. Great mileage."

"This has been the best car I have ever owned and I have had it for almost 14 years. It has always started and has never let me down. I will be sorry to trade it in."

Virtually no maintenance repairs!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "cant kill it"

Cons: "seats suck"

"215,000 mile and just changed the oil every 5,000 miles and change auto transmission fluid ever 90,000 miles. The only maintenance I've done is change the battery at 150,00, and Japan spark plugs @ 100,000. Killer gas mileage Very uncomfortable seats for long drives. Dread road trips in this thing. Probably should do the coolant and timing belt. But Ugh who has time for that."

Great First Car

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "trunk size, reliable, compact but not"

Cons: "peeling clearcoat, pick-up, lightness (weight)"

"My father bought me this car when it was only 4 years old and had about 60k miles on it. I was so happy. Great little car--especially for a kid in high school. Compared to the Civic today, it doesn't get nearly as great gas mileage but for a car of it's age, it does pretty well. I can go a few weeks without filling up. At around 120k, the radiator and water pump had to be replaced but I am pretty sure that was due to lack of routine oil changing on my part. Other than that, this car has been so reliable. I drive it across state often--every 3 months or so--sometimes putting 1000 miles on it in one trip to and from. I'm sitting at about 133k miles right now and it's running like a champ. With that said, I am experiencing new car fever big time because, obviously, a 2003...anything...doesn't offer nearly as much technology as almost all cars do today. Lately, I have been renting cars to make my 1k mile trips so I keep miles off of my car because I eventually would like to sell it. The pick up in the 2003 Civic isn't that great. It takes a little bit to be responsive. It was like that when it was younger too--I blame it on the 115 hp. The new Civics have a little bit more hp. If I wasn't looking for more space in a vehicle, I would buy another (newer) Civic--no doubt about that. The reason I gave the "Design" a 5/10 is because about 5 years ago, the clear coat on the exterior began to peel and has continued to get worse. The clear coat on my roof is completely gone--my hood is following rather closely. I have noticed this on other and newer Civics as well, not just mine. I have heard it can be from a lot of things (lack of waxing/washing, salt in the air, UV damage, etc.). I just don't see why Honda hasn't recalled the paint defects from early Civics (I have a friend that has a newer civic and his paint was recalled--got a new paint job for free). Maybe it's just the age of the car, I'm not sure. That is the only big complaint I have about this car/Honda. If I do routine washes and waxing and such, I shouldn't have to STILL worry about the paint slowly coming off of my vehicle. Cargo space (trunk) is AMAZINGLY large for the size of this car. Definitely a perk. This car only has two cup holders in the front and that is it. One of the things that made me obsessed with the car was the gauges. They are blue and red. Also, this car is very light. If you are driving and it is windy, the car can't hold it's own very well. I live in the windiest city in Texas--my car has a lot of rough days on the road just due to the wind. Anyway, I would definitely recommend this car to anyone. It has done me good and I think it would do anyone else good too. A Honda will never let you down."

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"I bought this car new and it is in excellent condition. I have had it serviced every 3,000 miles. I am a lady and have driven most of the miles in my hometown area, out of state only 2 or 3 times. Gas mileage is 30-31 MPG."

Cons: "Constant BIG repairs."

"I bought this car used, it was in good condition and about 4 years old. The first four years or so was terrific. And then the car started falling apart on me. Over the course of the past few years it's needed a new transmission, gas tank (yes, that's right), carb, you name it, it had to be replaced. I think I've spent more on keeping this car running than what I paid for it. Oh, and sun-damage to the pain on the roof. And the roof material started peeling early on, until it was peeling all over. No, not happy with this particular model's tendency to break down or lose battery power (once on my birthday when my daughter and I were going somewhere) at the least opportune times. A couple years after I bought it, I found out that more than a few owners of this year's model had complaints about it; it should have been recalled."

Truly a reliable car

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Great value, add ons, does not feel slow,"

Cons: "Miss the elbow rest fitting both people"

"This car is reasonable, long lasting, and beautiful. I enjoyed the standard transmission with v-tech engine especially when merging. I would buy it all over again."

"Very reliable vehicle. Plan to buy a Honda Accord Hybrid"

I would definitely buy another

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"good mileage and handling, body good- 2 dents, electric system excellent, stereo is ok with cassette/ auto trans, interior carpet is worn but seats are very good"

Still a honda guy

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "v tec"

Cons: "no honda rims :("

"After buying my 01 civic ex auto at 6,995 with 54k and one owner. I had taken it back to the dealer to fix things they promised to fix. ive now put 7,000 miles on this car and still love it. the engine light is on for minor maintenance. if the dealer could just fix the minor issues i would be a 10 out of 10. i use to own a 98 civic lx but i love the ex with the v tec and the way it drives perfect car hopefully all goes well"

Fuel efficient, very reliable little guy

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "reliable, gas-saver, fun to drive"

Cons: "bland entertainment, not good in snow"

"I've had this car for about 3 years now, just recently hit over the 100k mark. I enjoy this car for simple reasons, it's fuel efficient, it does not have many blind spots, when you need it to accelerate it'll jump the gun and it's comfy. I only have to go to the gas station twice in a month to fill up my tank (going to work, from school). Parallel parking is not an issue with this little champ, I can fit into the worst parking spot. The turning radius is excellent, I don't have to worry about doing a 2-point U turn ever. Nailed it. I have never had any problems with the engine. However, since it's so low to the ground you'll feel everything on the road. Every. thing. Every pot hole, every speed bump, every rock. Just everything. And once you hit a pothole, you can expect to feel like a massive chunk of the front bumper is gone. Luckily, it hasn't. Yet. It's not that good in the snow, I had a 1998 Honda Civic before this Civic and for some reason it doesn't hold it's own that well as my previous civic. It's like a rock rolling across ice. Entertainment wise, it's very bland. I would highly recommend this car for a first-time driver or to save money on gas."

Great gas milage

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"This was the first year of this model. They were still working out the bugs so they fixed everything for free. The replaced 3 hybrid batteries free of charge including the install"

Great car

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

"Great car, had struts done at 100k, timing belt, belts, water pump,still has the factory brake shoes on the rear. 30 mpg to 40 mpg"

Great milage and dependability

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"Got 38 miles per on highway sometimes 40 replaced timing belt and new rotors on front breaks and that's it."

Very good car!

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive stick"

"I drive this car 100 miles a day and its the best car I ever owned. It stats every time and has a wonderful ride and great gas mileage, I average about 30-35mpg. The interior is very good looking and I would recommend this car to anyone."

Most reliable car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Will never let you down"

Cons: "A little more power, better brakes, less noise."

"Could use more power, the brakes are not the best and a little to much interior noise. But despite those few complaints. By far the best car I've ever owned."

Most reliable car ever!

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Reason: hail damage resulted in salvage title

Pros: "reliable, trade-in value"

Cons: "No leather seats, power seats or other luxury item"

"I have owned 4 civics. Aside from ordinary wear and tear (tires, batteries, recommended servicing), I have made NO trips to a dealership or service center for any problem with any of the 4 civics. Obviously, it is not a luxury car, but I can't afford a luxury car. I do not believe any car could be more reliable than a civic. It also holds its value very well."

I'll never buy another Honda.

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Good handling, good gas mileage."

Cons: "Problematic money pit."

"Let me start by saying I know many people with older Honda's and they are good long running cars however my '02 Civic is a pile of junk. Bought the car brand new in Jan '03 after about a month I noticed the windshield rubber was coming off took it in and got it fixed, when summer rolled around found out the A/C didn't work so I took it in and got it fixed. The plastic piece between the front and back doors on both sides had came loose within a few years. At 10,000 miles exact the check engine light came on. At around 80,000 miles the srs light came on. I replaced the alternator twice before the car was even 8 years old. At around 6 years old the exhaust manifold developed a crack. The air cleaner box came from the factory with some of the screws stripped out. The emissions control light started coming on and going off at random times, and the paint is very low quality. The car handles good and gets good gas mileage and I'm sure not all Hondas are a lemon like mine but when you shell out the bucks for a new car and it turns out like this it kind of sours you on that brand."

I LOVE MY CAR

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"I bought this car with 5 miles on it. I drove it back and forth all through college and pharmacy school. I moved out of town in 2007 (about 200 miles away) and continue to drive back and forth all the time. I now have almost 120,000 miles on it and with the 4th kid on the way, my husband is finally making me sell it to get something bigger. I have never had any issues with this car. It has been wonderful, reliable, comfortable, and an all around great car."

I love this car, it's been a reliable, fun car

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "So nice to drive, very peppy and looks sporty"

Cons: "none, could have MP3 and bluetooth"

"I have had some very pricy automobiles. This car has been with me since 2002. I did not need a 40,000 dollar car to run to the store with so I bought this Civic. I love stick shift as it is more controllable and has so much more pep. It really moves down the road when there is not traffic sitting in front of it. I've kept up with what little maintenance it required. It has not had brakes yet and has just needed a new battery in 2012. I hate to part with it but the snow has me thinking I better get something more aggressive in the snow. It will never snow again if I get another AWD."

See if you qualify for