2003 Honda Civic

Based on 1757 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

I love this car

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Great gas mileage, super fun, great storage"

Cons: "It can't go forever."

"This has been a super efficient, fun and reliable car. I have moved cross country twice and it just keeps going. I have never done major engine maintenance on it, replaced brakes several times, the tie rods and now it needs new struts. Other than that, it's one of the best cars I have ever owned."

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Great car, good gas mileage"

Cons: "head went on it, that was $$$"

"I have owned my civic for 13 years. I bought it with 14k miles on it and not it has 235k miles. Its a great car. I have put two timing belts on it. I had the head gasket go at 230k miles but I plan on keeping it."

Reliable and Fun

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Price, easy to maintain, great on gas, reliable"

Cons: "Awkward power plug when using cup holders"

"I've owned this car for 6 years. I am not easy on vehicles, but this little gem never fails. I've done routine maintenance, which any smart car owner should do, so all the key belts and fluids are changed when they should be, if not sooner. Other than an intermittent, pesky disappearing anti-freeze issue, I have had zero issues with this car. I replaced the alternator and the battery, and have to pop in new headlights every now and again. And keeping too many treasures and keys on my key ring caused a failure in the ignition mechanism (which was also a recall issue). But after ten years, this car still looks nearly new and drives like a champ. I love Honda in general (this is my 2nd) and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. My complaints are minor - the factory CD player stopped working in this car when it turned 8. The same thing happened in my previous Accord. And the power plug for charging your phone makes it nearly impossible to use the passenger cup holder at the same time. But after ten years, all the power locks and windows still work, as does the radio. Which is more than I can say for my Ford, or my VW."

great car

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

"I love everything about it"

Very reliable car

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pros: "Great, good MPG, reliable"

Cons: "Slow acceleration, hybrid batteries are expensive"

"I've had this car for two years, and have traveled about 20,000 miles in it. I got it used, and it was in great shape. It has never had any problems, until recently when the hybrid battery showed an error which made the check engine light come on, and the car will not pass inspection. This is sad because it's still running great, and the battery works too. I am suspecting that it's showing the error as it has never been replaced, and 11 years for a hybrid battery is a long time! The cost of getting a new battery is too high for what the car is worth, so I am reluctantly letting go of it. Overall, this is a great and reliable car. On the road, I would love it if it accelerated faster and had better torque. But that's what I am sacrificing for the great gas mileage!"