2002 Honda Civic

Based on 1798 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Trusted Honda Civic EX

By on Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pros: "dependability!"

"Have owned this car for 14 years. Has been regularly maintained by one of the top Honda service shops in Omaha during that time. Anything it needed got repaired. My daughter used it in high school and college for the last 6 years. Very dependable car; have only had regular maintenance and repairs as needed because of age (187K miles)."

This is a one owner car.

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"I bought this car new and it is in excellent condition. I have had it serviced every 3,000 miles. I am a lady and have driven most of the miles in my hometown area, out of state only 2 or 3 times. Gas mileage is 30-31 MPG."

Some things good, some things bad

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Good engine and manual transmission"

Cons: "Front end components and airbag system short lived"

"My car is a manual, but I've read many bad things about Honda automatic transmissions for 2000's Civics. My car's engine and transmission haven't needed repairs and for this I'm grateful. However, my airbag system has failed for the second. By 42K miles my lower control arm bushings were shot and it cost me $2K+ to rebuild my front end in November 2011. I was hoping that this would last until my car was traded in or would go to the junkyard, but at 82K miles my lower control arm bushings are going shot again. I was told by three different repair shops that this is a common problem with 2000's Hondas. I don't want another car whose airbag system fails every four to five years. And I don't want to replace lower control arms every 35K miles, either."

As good as a Prius, and a lot cheaper

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"This car has provided trustworthy and efficient transportation for over a decade, with no issues. I love the zippy ride, the awesome gas mileage, and the easy parking. The fold down rear seats make it easy to throw a bike in the back (or building materials). Really, it's amazing what you can fit. The HX is zippy and delivers at least 5mpg better than the other models, as far as I can tell just by virtue of having a superior engine design and lighter wheels."

Great car!

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "cute, reliable, great gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "loud road noise, dash creaks"

"This car has been fabulous! Very reliable, very few things i have had to do to even maintain it in the 5 or so years i have owned it! I have a 1 yr old son now and we bought an older jeep cherokee thinking it would be better for me toting the kid around, drove that for a few weeks and then told my hubby give me my civic back!! My car was suprisingly easier to get my infant car seat in/out of(downward and back motion instead of having to lift UP, more roomy in the back to sit and breastfeed my son when out and about, and the carseat installs much more securly than in the jeep! This may be a 2 door car but it has the tether anchors for carseats down in the seat crease AND up above! My friends mini van didnt even have all three car seat tether anchors! I love the plush velvety feel of the seats and the back seat in particular the headrest is sooo soft and comfy! Even tho my interior is tan every spill has washed right off my seats with just dishsoap and water! My ONLY complaints with this car ever has really been that the dash creaks and that the road noise is somewhat loud inside especially if your sitting in the back. Love my civic, even tho it only has two doors and i now have a toddler i still wont give it up! :) The gas mileage is amazing too :) Only other thing i've liked as much was my Del Sol (which is a honda civic also!) haha :)"