2002 Honda Civic

Based on 1795 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

BEST CAR OUT THERE

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, great price, long lasting"

Cons: "Doesn't accelorate like I want it to"

"This is my first car. I've had it for 4 years and I've definitely put some miles on it. I bought it used for around $12,000-4 years ago- with only 50,000 miles on it. It runs great, low maintenance, great gas mileage, and I intend on having this car for another 10 years. When they make another car that gets this kind of mileage at an affordable price I may consider upgrading. I've only had to get oil changes and change out my breaks because of how frequently I drive this car. This is a great first time car that will last your child at least a decade."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "This car is amazing"

Cons: "style is a little plain"

"I bought this car brand new in 2003. It currently has 283,215 miles and it is still going strong. It still gets incredible gas mileage and is the epitome of a low maintenance vehicle. Other than routine maintenance (oil, tires, timing belt, brakes, tune ups) the only issue I have ever had with this car was that the thermostat went out once about 6 years ago. This car is a hammer, you can't break it. I have had it for 12 years and it has been as steady as a rock. It has been paid for for 7 years and I will still get around $3k for it when I sell or trade."

Love this car. Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, reliable, economical, resale value"

Cons: "lack of power in low gears (as expected for 1.7L)"

"Fantastic car! It's 12 years old and I have only performed minor maintenance and upkeep on the car. It's still pretty zippy for a 1.7L engine. Great gas mileage. Trunk is more spacious than you might think. Very easy to work on and find parts. Interior, exterior, and engine has held up great over the years. I live in the Midwest and I have never had a problem getting around in this car during or after a snow storm. I have owned, GMC, Chevy, Ford, and Nissan vehicles. This car is by far the best quality vehicle I have had. Sorry Detroit. You've never made a product this good. 108,000 miles and still going strong."

LOVE IT

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

"This car is amazing. very reliable, good on gas and it is fun to drive. maintenance is minimal and it is very cheap. it looks very small from outside but it is very spacious inside. plenty of room in the back and there are four cup holders."

Runs like a Champ 169000 miles owned 7 years

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Relibility, fuel Economy, easy to work on"

Cons: "typical small car ride, no key less remote entry"

Still going strong and looking good.....

"Head liner is coming off no biggie,I change oil every 5k mile, replaced windsheld wiper bushings $6 and 2 hours of my time,replaced cam postion sensor $18 and 3 hours of my time. All routine maintance I have done my self 42mpg highway 34mpg around town no complaints I think t will go forever no check engine light on Chris from Winchester, Ky."

Still going strong and looking good.....

Purrrrrfic engine

By on Saturday, March 27, 2010

"First Honda I have owed, bought used at 28,000 miles. I now have 108,000 miles. Pot holes in my city have done some damage to the front end a few times, but the engine is incredible. My previous American Made cars cannot compare to the quality of the engine that Honda makes. They perfected the 4 cylinder gas engine. 30 MPH in the city, up to 39 MPH on the highway. The down side is that I don't have any excuses to trade it in. It works too well. Expect to pay about a $1000 to your mechanic at 100,000 miles when you change the timing belt. Other than that, just an occassional oil change is needed and avoidance of potholes is recommended."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"I now have right at 120,000 miles on my Civic EX and she still runs perfectly. I've had the car for over 5 years now. I've had no problems with it whatsoever, have only had to do regular maintenance, oil changes, etc on it. The car gets EXCELLENT gas mileage. I can go a long way on a tank of gas, it's amazing and something I'm very greatful for as gas prices rise. I would recommend this car to anyone. It's safe, comfortable and affordable."

I love this car - I wish it was still available!

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Really fun to drive and hatchback is practical"

Cons: "None, other than it's a small car"

"This car was my favorite car ever, and if it was still available I'd buy it again. It's the perfect combination of sporty & practical."

I LOVE MY CAR

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"I bought this car with 5 miles on it. I drove it back and forth all through college and pharmacy school. I moved out of town in 2007 (about 200 miles away) and continue to drive back and forth all the time. I now have almost 120,000 miles on it and with the 4th kid on the way, my husband is finally making me sell it to get something bigger. I have never had any issues with this car. It has been wonderful, reliable, comfortable, and an all around great car."

BEST ALL AROUND CAR EVER MADE.

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

"Overall - if you put a score on all the different (value, functional) characteristics of cars and added them up, I think this car would come out with the highest score of all time. Considering - adding up a value of: price (less than $15k), reliability, durability / longevity, trade-in value, maintenance costs, handling, basic comfort, noise level, acceleration, versatility, capacity (particularly for its class), mileage [overall - hwy, city, summer, winter ave: 42 mpg, Highway ave: 45, highest (4 times): 56 mpg, lowest ever (in winter city) 32 mpg]; NOT considering: aesthetics - appearance, creature comforts - gadgets, etc. --- BEST ALL AROUND CAR EVER MADE."

Extremely Reliable; all he asks for is oil!

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

"I bought my Honda with 169,000 miles. I dive back and forth from Tampa to Atlanta a lot, so I racked up the mileage. He (my car) had a stalled start because I needed to change the spark plugs. But other than that, all he really demands are oil changes. His brakes are life-saving and extremely low-maintenance."

Best I ever bought

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "Fuel mileage"

Cons: "road noise"

"Bought the vehicle with 80K miles now have 175K and other than brakes, and LOF'S no repairs"

238,000 so far, need I say more?

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "reliabilty and fun to drive, roomy but good gas mi"

Cons: "seat not comfortable"

"No major repairs. Did oil changes every 3000 or 3500 when you need to or not ...was putting 23K on a year commuting. I think that helped the longevity."

Reliable Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"We have owned the vehicle since 2005 and is a great vehicle. Nothing flashy but good dependable commuter car."

best car, most economic i have owned

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "mileage, reliability,"

Cons: "it may not last me forever"

"I bought this car new in 2003, keep it serviced, one 19$ part needed over and above ge eral service. I trust it, i am comfortable in it and hope to get another 200,000 miles out of it. Average gas mileage mid 40 s in the cold, upper 40s, low 50s in the summer."

love my car

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"best car i have ever owned love honda's. worst part about the car is its to small for a family. great teenager car though."

Trusted Honda Civic EX

By on Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pros: "dependability!"

"Have owned this car for 14 years. Has been regularly maintained by one of the top Honda service shops in Omaha during that time. Anything it needed got repaired. My daughter used it in high school and college for the last 6 years. Very dependable car; have only had regular maintenance and repairs as needed because of age (187K miles)."

This is a one owner car.

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"I bought this car new and it is in excellent condition. I have had it serviced every 3,000 miles. I am a lady and have driven most of the miles in my hometown area, out of state only 2 or 3 times. Gas mileage is 30-31 MPG."

Some things good, some things bad

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Good engine and manual transmission"

Cons: "Front end components and airbag system short lived"

"My car is a manual, but I've read many bad things about Honda automatic transmissions for 2000's Civics. My car's engine and transmission haven't needed repairs and for this I'm grateful. However, my airbag system has failed for the second. By 42K miles my lower control arm bushings were shot and it cost me $2K+ to rebuild my front end in November 2011. I was hoping that this would last until my car was traded in or would go to the junkyard, but at 82K miles my lower control arm bushings are going shot again. I was told by three different repair shops that this is a common problem with 2000's Hondas. I don't want another car whose airbag system fails every four to five years. And I don't want to replace lower control arms every 35K miles, either."

As good as a Prius, and a lot cheaper

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"This car has provided trustworthy and efficient transportation for over a decade, with no issues. I love the zippy ride, the awesome gas mileage, and the easy parking. The fold down rear seats make it easy to throw a bike in the back (or building materials). Really, it's amazing what you can fit. The HX is zippy and delivers at least 5mpg better than the other models, as far as I can tell just by virtue of having a superior engine design and lighter wheels."

Great car!

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "cute, reliable, great gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "loud road noise, dash creaks"

"This car has been fabulous! Very reliable, very few things i have had to do to even maintain it in the 5 or so years i have owned it! I have a 1 yr old son now and we bought an older jeep cherokee thinking it would be better for me toting the kid around, drove that for a few weeks and then told my hubby give me my civic back!! My car was suprisingly easier to get my infant car seat in/out of(downward and back motion instead of having to lift UP, more roomy in the back to sit and breastfeed my son when out and about, and the carseat installs much more securly than in the jeep! This may be a 2 door car but it has the tether anchors for carseats down in the seat crease AND up above! My friends mini van didnt even have all three car seat tether anchors! I love the plush velvety feel of the seats and the back seat in particular the headrest is sooo soft and comfy! Even tho my interior is tan every spill has washed right off my seats with just dishsoap and water! My ONLY complaints with this car ever has really been that the dash creaks and that the road noise is somewhat loud inside especially if your sitting in the back. Love my civic, even tho it only has two doors and i now have a toddler i still wont give it up! :) The gas mileage is amazing too :) Only other thing i've liked as much was my Del Sol (which is a honda civic also!) haha :)"

Love this car more everyday!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Peppy vtec, great visability, unbeatable value!"

Cons: "Honda doesn't make this exact car today!"

"This car has it all! off the lot value that only increases as time goes by; the ease of a smooth 5 speed manual transmission; the pep of a perfectly tuned VTEC engine; superior visability from well placed pillars, roomy interior, ample cargo space and fold down seats which add to the car's versatility. I couldn't be happier with my choice 9 years ago or find a car i'd rather replace my Honda Civic EX with today."

This is the best car (hands down) to have in DC!

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Great price, great gas mileage and no blind spots!"

Cons: "not a ton of power behind the pedal, road noise"

"I'm in the military and I bought this car because I knew that I'd be making a ton of road trips on the weekends and I wanted something with great gas mileage. When I got stationed in DC, I was wary about the traffic volume, and my fears were warranted. My car has had a couple of door dings and I've been in a fender bender, which literally just flexed the pedestrian friendly plastic, not causing any damage to the frame (yay for paint!). Also, I'm 6'1" and I have absolutely no issues with getting in and out of this 'little' car. If I weren't getting stationed in the boonies, I'd keep this car forever. It's zippy, and perfect for maneuvering through the city streets. Get one!"

Greatest car ever - for the price

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

"I have driven this car for over 10 years and out on over 320000 km, about 200000 miles over that time. It still drives well and has incredible mileage."

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun car to drive."

Cons: "It could have had a little more horsepower."

"I have 99,00 miles on this car and the only repairs have been to replace the timing belt and water pump as normal maintenance. I have averaged 36 MPG over the 10 years. Clutch and brakes are still original and not in need of rplacing yet. It is the EX model."