2002 Honda Civic

Based on 1701 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Good little car

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "its a honda!"

Cons: "struts do go bad easily,but it a cheap fix."

"I love it! it has been so reliable,cheap and easy to maintain. I read people have had problems with theirs but,that seems to be in the automatic version.i think the kbb is way too low for a car like this seeing how any 90's honda go's for about the same."

Love this car. Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, reliable, economical, resale value"

Cons: "lack of power in low gears (as expected for 1.7L)"

"Fantastic car! It's 12 years old and I have only performed minor maintenance and upkeep on the car. It's still pretty zippy for a 1.7L engine. Great gas mileage. Trunk is more spacious than you might think. Very easy to work on and find parts. Interior, exterior, and engine has held up great over the years. I live in the Midwest and I have never had a problem getting around in this car during or after a snow storm. I have owned, GMC, Chevy, Ford, and Nissan vehicles. This car is by far the best quality vehicle I have had. Sorry Detroit. You've never made a product this good. 108,000 miles and still going strong."

Reliable and Worth it!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

"My Civic has been to heck and back, and it is still driving. My town is not kind to small cars, but my baby is still driving. She's been flooded, in accidents, and countless road trips. The handling is great, but the 4 cylinder engine leaves a little to be desired. Also, the turning radius isn't quite as tight as I'd like, but it is still really good. Overall it's been awesome owning a Civic, and it has gotten me through the first 8 years of driving great. It's just time to upgrade to more current technology."

Great car !

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Vehicle ! Durable !"

Cons: "Price"

"Was a little expensive but it was a fun and very reliable vehicle!"

Money Pit

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Good gas milage."

Cons: "Constant repairs. Terrribly engineered front end."

"Worst car I've ever owned. Bought this car used at aprox. 70000 miles for 10k. Within the first year it was back at the dealer getting fixed. Struts, bushings, control arms, cv joints. Everything that has to do with the front end suspension. That first repair alone was over 2k. Over the past four years it's been complete misery. I've had to rebuild the suspension so many times. The same parts fail after about a year. Even the bearing have been replaced more than twice. I had a brake line leak randomly and it took more than one trip to a shop for them to get that right. The front rotors warped after replacing them. It has been one thing after another. Most recently I had to get the power steering rack replaced. Besides that I had a whole list of problems. My front wheel sounded like a bad shopping cart. I had an airbag light come on which was apparently a recall. I also had a bad drive belt. Well I bring it home and within a week my front wheel is squeaking again, and the airbag light just came back on. This most recent repair cost 3400 dollars and nothing is fixed. I've spent a total of 9104.14 in just repairs. Not general maintenance. I could've bought a new car by now but I was foolish enough to think Honda cared about their cars and customers. Run away from this car and Honda. They will drain your wallet and all you'll get back is headaches and that wonderful nausea feeling of owning a piece of you know what. Plus the entire time I've owned this car my steering wheel has always shook back and forth while driving higher speeds. Every time I took it to Honda they had a different excuse for it and always claimed it was fixed. I would drive it home and sure enough I had a shaky steering wheel. This is a sorry excuse for reliability."