2002 Honda Civic

Based on 1716 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Great gas milage

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"This was the first year of this model. They were still working out the bugs so they fixed everything for free. The replaced 3 hybrid batteries free of charge including the install"

Great car

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

"Great car, had struts done at 100k, timing belt, belts, water pump,still has the factory brake shoes on the rear. 30 mpg to 40 mpg"

Great milage and dependability

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"Got 38 miles per on highway sometimes 40 replaced timing belt and new rotors on front breaks and that's it."

Very good car!

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive stick"

"I drive this car 100 miles a day and its the best car I ever owned. It stats every time and has a wonderful ride and great gas mileage, I average about 30-35mpg. The interior is very good looking and I would recommend this car to anyone."

Most reliable car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Will never let you down"

Cons: "A little more power, better brakes, less noise."

"Could use more power, the brakes are not the best and a little to much interior noise. But despite those few complaints. By far the best car I've ever owned."

Most reliable car ever!

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Reason: hail damage resulted in salvage title

Pros: "reliable, trade-in value"

Cons: "No leather seats, power seats or other luxury item"

"I have owned 4 civics. Aside from ordinary wear and tear (tires, batteries, recommended servicing), I have made NO trips to a dealership or service center for any problem with any of the 4 civics. Obviously, it is not a luxury car, but I can't afford a luxury car. I do not believe any car could be more reliable than a civic. It also holds its value very well."

I'll never buy another Honda.

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Good handling, good gas mileage."

Cons: "Problematic money pit."

"Let me start by saying I know many people with older Honda's and they are good long running cars however my '02 Civic is a pile of junk. Bought the car brand new in Jan '03 after about a month I noticed the windshield rubber was coming off took it in and got it fixed, when summer rolled around found out the A/C didn't work so I took it in and got it fixed. The plastic piece between the front and back doors on both sides had came loose within a few years. At 10,000 miles exact the check engine light came on. At around 80,000 miles the srs light came on. I replaced the alternator twice before the car was even 8 years old. At around 6 years old the exhaust manifold developed a crack. The air cleaner box came from the factory with some of the screws stripped out. The emissions control light started coming on and going off at random times, and the paint is very low quality. The car handles good and gets good gas mileage and I'm sure not all Hondas are a lemon like mine but when you shell out the bucks for a new car and it turns out like this it kind of sours you on that brand."

I LOVE MY CAR

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"I bought this car with 5 miles on it. I drove it back and forth all through college and pharmacy school. I moved out of town in 2007 (about 200 miles away) and continue to drive back and forth all the time. I now have almost 120,000 miles on it and with the 4th kid on the way, my husband is finally making me sell it to get something bigger. I have never had any issues with this car. It has been wonderful, reliable, comfortable, and an all around great car."

I love this car, it's been a reliable, fun car

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "So nice to drive, very peppy and looks sporty"

Cons: "none, could have MP3 and bluetooth"

"I have had some very pricy automobiles. This car has been with me since 2002. I did not need a 40,000 dollar car to run to the store with so I bought this Civic. I love stick shift as it is more controllable and has so much more pep. It really moves down the road when there is not traffic sitting in front of it. I've kept up with what little maintenance it required. It has not had brakes yet and has just needed a new battery in 2012. I hate to part with it but the snow has me thinking I better get something more aggressive in the snow. It will never snow again if I get another AWD."

vary reliable

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy, durable"

Cons: "rusts after a few years, not the most exciting car"

"Iv had my civic for 11 years now, and it has faild to dissapoint me still, for a car car with inline 4 and a battery, it actually has a surprising amount of torque. although mine is manual. they are very good quality and do not fall apart very easy, very durable. The only issue i have ever had with the car is the IMA tends to quit in very cold weather "i live in ohio" and forces the engine to do all the worke, but as soon as the car warms up it is all ok. overall very good car, not the most exciting, but good quality and reliable."

Bought new without test drive. Never regretted it.

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Good, reliable, basic; sound system top-notch"

Cons: "Car is now older; needs some work"

"This car has been great to drive. Have taken it on long trips. Only problem is gear shift can be jolted out of gear into neutral easily by mistake because of design (no offset). Great pep on hills when turbo is engaged. Moon roof is great still; no leaks after 10 years. Space for hauling items is amazing when using the fold-down backseat.I have driven four people comfortably in this car."

Extremely dependable

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks sharp, dependable, gas mileage"

Cons: "the rear quarter panels rust along the wheel well"

"Minimal repairs required if routine maintenance is completed.Anticipate it to run beyone 300,000. Only problem with Honda's is the rear quarter panels rust along the wheel well. This is one of 5 Honda's I have owned and will stick with this Make for dependability and high mileage."

Wake up Honda

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Mileage."

Cons: "Noisy, Poor braking, slow acceleration, expensive"

"Honda is sleeping and it's going to cost them a lot. The 2001 model has the worst brakes I have driven. Mine is a 2001 LX sedan automatic. Also it is very noise at highway speeds. Maintenance has been very expansive. I bought it new now with 196,000 miles I have had to fix twice the transmission(very expensive 2,200 each), replace twice the A/C compressor, Replace twice the steering pump, replace the shock absorbers, replace the whippers system, replace two window regulators, replace the A/C blower. The Air bag light came on 20,000 miles ago, on top of regular maintenance & replacement charges. So is Honda Civic a reliable Car ? NO! Look for a FORD or a Chevrolet."

Do Not Purchase This Car, Run Away!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient"

Cons: "Every component of the car"

"I've had non stop problems with this car from the first day I bought it. I've essentially replaced every component of this car, ground up. The whole suspension is made out of weak rubber that fails every 6 months-1 year. I've replaced the engine at 80K, transmission at 120K, whole air cooling system, belts, pumps, mounts, infinite brakes, batteries, everything! It's at 167K now and problems keep on mounting, now it's the steering rack going bad and bushings. Please for the love of anything good in this world do not buy this car; the worst are the 2000-2005 models. Here's the real world numbers I spent 6000K on this car used and have spent over 10K just trying to get this car moving."

Excellent car for city,

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Very good car for city driving"

"Bought car new in 2005 as my wife's work car. Car never has been out of the city. Have most service papers. 90K complete service 08-20-12. New Tires."

amazing little car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "gas saver, reliable, cheap to insure"

Cons: "wish it have the k20 engine from factory"

"I have my civic for 13 years now. I have done all the routine maintenance, no problems so far. Other than timing belt and front Lower Control Arm Bushings(highly recomend polyurethane bushings) everything else is easy to do. I always use OEM replacement parts. It's so easy to work on it that if you are mechanical incline you can do all the maintenance in the car, all maintenance is done by me. Interior room is good and excellent visibility all around, engine is peppy for a 1.7lt, brakes good and I still get around 27 miles per galon in the city and like 35-38 hwy. CIVIC EX AT 4DR."

Runs like a Champ 169000 miles owned 7 years

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Relibility, fuel Economy, easy to work on"

Cons: "typical small car ride, no key less remote entry"

Still going strong and looking good.....

"Head liner is coming off no biggie,I change oil every 5k mile, replaced windsheld wiper bushings $6 and 2 hours of my time,replaced cam postion sensor $18 and 3 hours of my time. All routine maintance I have done my self 42mpg highway 34mpg around town no complaints I think t will go forever no check engine light on Chris from Winchester, Ky."

Still going strong and looking good.....

Great vehicle overall!

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "reliability, gas mileage, cheap parts"

Cons: "leg room, cluster, powerless windows"

"I purchased this vehicle back in 2009. I received it with 27,000 miles on it. At the time, I didn't want anything too fancy, fast, or sleek. My budget wasn't letting me anyways. So I settled for the 2005 Civic "VP". I drove it to Texas from South Florida and back a couple of years later. I have to admit, I am blown away at the amount of mileage and daily usage I give this car. It yet has to give me some real big issues. I give the car what it needs, such as it's routine oil change, which is done by myself. I keep up with the wheels and tires. Also, small details like cabin air filters. It yet has to nudge! Great investment! As far as comfort goes, it's not as great as I'd like it to be. I'm 5"11 and I have to bend my right knee in order to par up with the accelerator, even with the seat at its furthest setting. The interior is noisy, especially on highways. The car is very, very basic. Roll up/down windows. No tachometer. Not even a carpet clip to hold them down in place. I have to be repositioning a whole lot. All in all, I don't mind sacrificing some comfort issues, as the engine is purring at 99.99% after 9 years!"

LOVE IT

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

"This car is amazing. very reliable, good on gas and it is fun to drive. maintenance is minimal and it is very cheap. it looks very small from outside but it is very spacious inside. plenty of room in the back and there are four cup holders."

Very good car

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Good price, reliable"

Cons: "Bounces more than a bigger car."

"Best car I ever owned. Still runs well at 95,000 miles and 12 yrs old. Only had the usual repairs due to age, plus normal maintenance. it never overheated and the starter and alternator didnt burn out like in other cars. Had to replace shocks and being a small car, it does bounce more than a big one would. But it can climb a hill without overheating and never overheats even in summer. The air conditioner blower did burn out but was fixed. Decent mileage and nice upholstery. Would have liked a little more interior room but it is fine. Could use a slightly higher body off the ground because the big rubber gasket flap at the bottom front of the hood tended to get scraped and peeled off when the car touched the ground when it bounced downward when turning or going down a slight depression in the road. Otherwise its a pretty good car and I would buy another Honda Civic for sure."

Some things good, some things bad

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Good engine and manual transmission"

Cons: "Front end components and airbag system short lived"

"My car is a manual, but I've read many bad things about Honda automatic transmissions for 2000's Civics. My car's engine and transmission haven't needed repairs and for this I'm grateful. However, my airbag system has failed for the second. By 42K miles my lower control arm bushings were shot and it cost me $2K+ to rebuild my front end in November 2011. I was hoping that this would last until my car was traded in or would go to the junkyard, but at 82K miles my lower control arm bushings are going shot again. I was told by three different repair shops that this is a common problem with 2000's Hondas. I don't want another car whose airbag system fails every four to five years. And I don't want to replace lower control arms every 35K miles, either."

Great car

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Still has original battery"

Cons: "Heat and air slow to max"

"This is my second Civic."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "reliability, great gas mileage"

Cons: "road and wind noise can be very loud"

"I have had very few problems with my now 10 year-old car, all of which my dealer has fixed for little or no money (a driver-side door lock for example). Fantastic value for the price, and very reliable. I would recommend it to anyone (as a matter of fact, I always do!)."

I would not buy another Honda again.

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "great size"

Cons: "poor electrical, poor gas mileage, noisy"

"We bought this car brand new in 2001 and have had nothing but problems with it since the very beginning. At 23,000 miles the transmission went out on it. At 50,000 miles the front end electrical wiring got fried. After we paid 1,700 there was a recall and we did not get reimbursed. Power door locks have always been a problem with this car. We did all service and maintenance as recommended but always had problems. I have all records and receipts of all work done on the car. Has never been in any type of accident, yet we have had many problems with front end, brakes and electrical. I will definitely not be buying another honda again. The seat belts have also been replaced 6 six times at the dealership and still do not work properly. For a small car, I averaged about 21 to 23 miles per gallon. At 168,000 miles the car finally died. It needs a new engine, because it is leaking oil everywhere. For a honda, I don't feel that it lived up to its name at all."

Great car; had it for almost 10 years now.

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "great mileage; no major problems whatsoever"

Cons: "cannot fold down back seats for extra trunk space."

"Great car; had it for almost 10 years. Only required regular maintenance; nothing major ever wrong with it; fantastic mileage in town and out of town; only disadvantage cannot fold back seat down because of IMA battery pack behind the seats/in back of the trunk. Full size trunk."