2002 Honda Civic

Based on 1766 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Reliable, Economic, Good Design, Been Very Good !!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Worry Free"

"Took very long trips in it (none stop; besides gas and food) over 20 hrs straight one time and had no problems with comfort. Seems to burn oil though at times, not always...mostly at higher speeds."

fist vehicle i was able to buy on my own

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"I bought my car used and have had it for 4 1/2 years, and have NEVER had to have this car serviced...my husband does the required maintenance. This is the most reliable car that I have ever had...never want to own any thing other than a Honda, great on gas, and fun to drive"

Definition of Value

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "its a Honda"

"I bought this car brand new and have had it 9 years already. It has been nothing but good to me. I have only had 1 major repair on it and it was still under warranty at the time so it wasn't that big of a deal. I have taken exceptionally good care of it in terms of interior, exterior and general maintenance. In my opinion, the last GREAT Civic Honda made (7th generation)."

This car has not given me any problems.

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "easy driving; set-up is very functional"

Cons: "No clock."

"I would recommend this car for purchase. Thus far, it has been worth every penny I have spent on it."

Worry-free vehicle

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"I bought my 2002 4 dr. civic EX used in 2004 with 30000 miles. Have put 55,000 miles on it with no problems. My only MINOR issue is the suspension. I felt the car jarred excessively over bumps/potholes so I replaced the shocks and struts at 55000 miles but the ride has not changed much. This is an economy car so I guess this is to be expected. With 5 spd manual the front brakes lasted to 65000 miles and rear brakes to 75000. Unbelievable value and suprisingly roomy for a compact car. Buy one if you want value and reliability. Great resale value too."

Safe, dependable, good quality.

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"I purchased this car below blue book and was certain there was going to be some problems. Upon getting it looked at, it was still in near perfect condition. It was kind of a rocky ride, but after putting on new tires it's smooth as can be. I love this car. I mention that it's safe because it just saved me. I was in an accident (today) on a freeway where I was stopped and I was rear ended by a car going approximately 65 mph. Her Ford Explorer had to be towed, and my Honda was safe to drive off the scene, although the frame might be bent. AWESOME car. Kept me safe and was fun to drive. Cons, seats are a little firm and there's not much get up and go in 1st, 2nd, or 5th gear. Pros, safe, dependable, good resell value, and fun."

great car!

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"I have had my civic for 6 years now...very very minor work needed, has handled an accident very well, very safe. Very good gas mileage. Dependable!!!! Great car...hope it runs forever (and looking at it now, I am thinking it just might!)."

Good but not perfect

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"Reliable? Yes. Perfect? No. First the bad: Interior door fabric is falling off. Sun visors have sun-rotted and fabric is in shreds. Headliner is falling down in front and back. Floor mat hooks have come out of floorboard. Ride is stiff and punishing over even minor bumps. Road noise is noticeable. Not very powerful particularly at low rpms. After 19 years of driving a manual, this one has never shifted well. Clutch is hard to modulate. Skimpy and optional (for 2001 LX) armrest. Air conditioning could blow colder. Radio reception is so-so. No tint strip at top of windshield. Now the good: bullet-proof reliability with only oil changes and tires. Still same brakes since 2001. Body has held up very well. Paint still looks great. Still now shakes, squeaks, or rattles at 64k miles. Plenty of room for my 6'4" body. Comfortable seats, too. Fantastic gas mileage. CD (added) and tape player works well. Speaker sound quality is fine. Roomy trunk (but small opening). Nimble in crowded city driving. I still like my Civic (my fifth Honda), but it's poor interior materials has made me question buying another Honda."

nice to drive

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pros: "seats are comfortable"

Cons: "small in size"

"it is a very good car"

Fun and reliable car

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "price, fun, safety, reliable, good pick up"

Cons: "had to have car painted after 7 years"

"This car has served me well and has given me little expense over the years in repairs. Very reliable, good mpg, especially on highway. I have a manual trans., so fun to drive."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable. Great mileage."

"This has been the best car I have ever owned and I have had it for almost 14 years. It has always started and has never let me down. I will be sorry to trade it in."

Great First Car

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "trunk size, reliable, compact but not"

Cons: "peeling clearcoat, pick-up, lightness (weight)"

"My father bought me this car when it was only 4 years old and had about 60k miles on it. I was so happy. Great little car--especially for a kid in high school. Compared to the Civic today, it doesn't get nearly as great gas mileage but for a car of it's age, it does pretty well. I can go a few weeks without filling up. At around 120k, the radiator and water pump had to be replaced but I am pretty sure that was due to lack of routine oil changing on my part. Other than that, this car has been so reliable. I drive it across state often--every 3 months or so--sometimes putting 1000 miles on it in one trip to and from. I'm sitting at about 133k miles right now and it's running like a champ. With that said, I am experiencing new car fever big time because, obviously, a 2003...anything...doesn't offer nearly as much technology as almost all cars do today. Lately, I have been renting cars to make my 1k mile trips so I keep miles off of my car because I eventually would like to sell it. The pick up in the 2003 Civic isn't that great. It takes a little bit to be responsive. It was like that when it was younger too--I blame it on the 115 hp. The new Civics have a little bit more hp. If I wasn't looking for more space in a vehicle, I would buy another (newer) Civic--no doubt about that. The reason I gave the "Design" a 5/10 is because about 5 years ago, the clear coat on the exterior began to peel and has continued to get worse. The clear coat on my roof is completely gone--my hood is following rather closely. I have noticed this on other and newer Civics as well, not just mine. I have heard it can be from a lot of things (lack of waxing/washing, salt in the air, UV damage, etc.). I just don't see why Honda hasn't recalled the paint defects from early Civics (I have a friend that has a newer civic and his paint was recalled--got a new paint job for free). Maybe it's just the age of the car, I'm not sure. That is the only big complaint I have about this car/Honda. If I do routine washes and waxing and such, I shouldn't have to STILL worry about the paint slowly coming off of my vehicle. Cargo space (trunk) is AMAZINGLY large for the size of this car. Definitely a perk. This car only has two cup holders in the front and that is it. One of the things that made me obsessed with the car was the gauges. They are blue and red. Also, this car is very light. If you are driving and it is windy, the car can't hold it's own very well. I live in the windiest city in Texas--my car has a lot of rough days on the road just due to the wind. Anyway, I would definitely recommend this car to anyone. It has done me good and I think it would do anyone else good too. A Honda will never let you down."

This is a one owner car.

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"I bought this car new and it is in excellent condition. I have had it serviced every 3,000 miles. I am a lady and have driven most of the miles in my hometown area, out of state only 2 or 3 times. Gas mileage is 30-31 MPG."

Great milage and dependability

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"Got 38 miles per on highway sometimes 40 replaced timing belt and new rotors on front breaks and that's it."

I love this car, it's been a reliable, fun car

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "So nice to drive, very peppy and looks sporty"

Cons: "none, could have MP3 and bluetooth"

"I have had some very pricy automobiles. This car has been with me since 2002. I did not need a 40,000 dollar car to run to the store with so I bought this Civic. I love stick shift as it is more controllable and has so much more pep. It really moves down the road when there is not traffic sitting in front of it. I've kept up with what little maintenance it required. It has not had brakes yet and has just needed a new battery in 2012. I hate to part with it but the snow has me thinking I better get something more aggressive in the snow. It will never snow again if I get another AWD."

Good little car. Gas saver

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"No leaks, need some quieter tires, cause you can hear them alot on the freeway. Easy to maintain. I changed my own air filter, oil, trans oil no problem. It's got power when you step on it."

High content for low price

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "Great value."

Cons: "Prone to head gasket failure"

"Goods: So good I bought two! Materials very nice. Great gas mileage...40mpg on trips at 70-75mph. Back seat roomy once you get there. Looks sharp inside and out. Others: Prone to blow head gaskets. Had this happen twice."

love

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

"I bought my Honda new and I will always drive a Honda, unless they change the way they make them, because I love my Honda and the way it looks!"

Best Car I have owned..

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and economical..."

Cons: "No cons, totally happy with this car."

"I am a Honda lover. I bought this car in 2006 , it had 46,000 miles on it. I have driven it for 6 1/2 years with no problems what so ever. I have changed the oil in it regularly, put new brakes on it and a new battery. That's about it. It's so easy to drive and I hope to drive it for another 100,000 miles. Get's great gas mileage and has never given me one problem. Excellent car!!"

best car in my life and it is so dependable

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "great trunk, dependable"

Cons: "none really"

"the only improvements it needs is better quality seats and better cup holders. It is a great car, hate to let it go."

One sweet whip!!

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Keeps its value, DURABLE!!, Phenomanal drive"

Cons: "Passanger seat is hard to reach release"

"I love my sweet little civvy. It always gets me where I need to go especially since i have long commutes and travel often. The gas mileage is fantastic and the coupe interior is perfect for keeping me comfortable but awake for those long drives. This car is a trooper because it always starts (unless I left the lights on!) and and keeps on going. Bottom line is that I shed tears the day a stupid girl t-boned my innocent little civvy into a curb I parked next to and broke my door and both my axles. These cars may not be the most luxurious or fastest, but as far as getting what you've payed for you need not worry. You will get all you spent plus a love for a machine like no other."

Awesome car- and mileage!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Great MPG, very cute"

Cons: "Small"

"The only reason I didn't give this car a 10/10 on everything is because the cabin is small (my fiancee is 6'6" and he's squished!) and it rides a TAD rough- but of course all of these things are to be expected in a smaller car. Great MPG and awesome turning radius; this little car will last you forever if you take care of it!"

Reliable Car!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "great car for a student or professional"

Cons: "bumpy drive"

"This is a very nice and reliable car. It's so reliable that I passed it down to my daughter.I have the peace of mind knowing she is getting where she has to go safely. This body style is timeless and it's a fun car to drive. The only monies that I have invested in the car is general maintenance. I recently took the car in for an oil change and the mechanic said it's in great shape!"

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Speed"

"Gas mileage is great in this vehicle"

best car i have ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "great price, great fuel economy, drives smooth"

"excellent car for the person looking to save some of that hard earned money from poring into your gas tank. i have had this car for half of it's mileage and have only had to change the starter in it. i even have the same tires that it had on it when i bought it, and they're still full of tread. an amazingly reliable car."