2002 Honda Civic

Based on 1773 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Extremely Reliable; all he asks for is oil!

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

"I bought my Honda with 169,000 miles. I dive back and forth from Tampa to Atlanta a lot, so I racked up the mileage. He (my car) had a stalled start because I needed to change the spark plugs. But other than that, all he really demands are oil changes. His brakes are life-saving and extremely low-maintenance."

Best I ever bought

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "Fuel mileage"

Cons: "road noise"

"Bought the vehicle with 80K miles now have 175K and other than brakes, and LOF'S no repairs"

238,000 so far, need I say more?

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "reliabilty and fun to drive, roomy but good gas mi"

Cons: "seat not comfortable"

"No major repairs. Did oil changes every 3000 or 3500 when you need to or not ...was putting 23K on a year commuting. I think that helped the longevity."

As good as a Prius, and a lot cheaper

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"This car has provided trustworthy and efficient transportation for over a decade, with no issues. I love the zippy ride, the awesome gas mileage, and the easy parking. The fold down rear seats make it easy to throw a bike in the back (or building materials). Really, it's amazing what you can fit. The HX is zippy and delivers at least 5mpg better than the other models, as far as I can tell just by virtue of having a superior engine design and lighter wheels."

Great car!

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "cute, reliable, great gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "loud road noise, dash creaks"

"This car has been fabulous! Very reliable, very few things i have had to do to even maintain it in the 5 or so years i have owned it! I have a 1 yr old son now and we bought an older jeep cherokee thinking it would be better for me toting the kid around, drove that for a few weeks and then told my hubby give me my civic back!! My car was suprisingly easier to get my infant car seat in/out of(downward and back motion instead of having to lift UP, more roomy in the back to sit and breastfeed my son when out and about, and the carseat installs much more securly than in the jeep! This may be a 2 door car but it has the tether anchors for carseats down in the seat crease AND up above! My friends mini van didnt even have all three car seat tether anchors! I love the plush velvety feel of the seats and the back seat in particular the headrest is sooo soft and comfy! Even tho my interior is tan every spill has washed right off my seats with just dishsoap and water! My ONLY complaints with this car ever has really been that the dash creaks and that the road noise is somewhat loud inside especially if your sitting in the back. Love my civic, even tho it only has two doors and i now have a toddler i still wont give it up! :) The gas mileage is amazing too :) Only other thing i've liked as much was my Del Sol (which is a honda civic also!) haha :)"

best car, most economic i have owned

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "mileage, reliability,"

Cons: "it may not last me forever"

"I bought this car new in 2003, keep it serviced, one 19$ part needed over and above ge eral service. I trust it, i am comfortable in it and hope to get another 200,000 miles out of it. Average gas mileage mid 40 s in the cold, upper 40s, low 50s in the summer."

Love this car more everyday!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Peppy vtec, great visability, unbeatable value!"

Cons: "Honda doesn't make this exact car today!"

"This car has it all! off the lot value that only increases as time goes by; the ease of a smooth 5 speed manual transmission; the pep of a perfectly tuned VTEC engine; superior visability from well placed pillars, roomy interior, ample cargo space and fold down seats which add to the car's versatility. I couldn't be happier with my choice 9 years ago or find a car i'd rather replace my Honda Civic EX with today."

auto transmission went out at 132k $2500 repair.

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "great mpg, easy to manuever in parking lots"

Cons: "trunk small,no armrest front passenger"

"I understand that Honda is having problems with the auto transmission fluid so they changed the formula too bad for us who bought the later models so check that maintenance (especially on auto transmission) were preformed (make sure they have receipts), poor design on battery cables they fail and are expensive to replace with original Honda parts I used universal battery clamps that bolt on that worked just fine. Great on gas, replaced driver power window lift motor, need to recharge a/c system quite often dont understand why, but overall just keep up with maintenance."

This is the best car (hands down) to have in DC!

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Great price, great gas mileage and no blind spots!"

Cons: "not a ton of power behind the pedal, road noise"

"I'm in the military and I bought this car because I knew that I'd be making a ton of road trips on the weekends and I wanted something with great gas mileage. When I got stationed in DC, I was wary about the traffic volume, and my fears were warranted. My car has had a couple of door dings and I've been in a fender bender, which literally just flexed the pedestrian friendly plastic, not causing any damage to the frame (yay for paint!). Also, I'm 6'1" and I have absolutely no issues with getting in and out of this 'little' car. If I weren't getting stationed in the boonies, I'd keep this car forever. It's zippy, and perfect for maneuvering through the city streets. Get one!"

Greatest car ever - for the price

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

"I have driven this car for over 10 years and out on over 320000 km, about 200000 miles over that time. It still drives well and has incredible mileage."