2002 Honda Civic

Based on 1772 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Value Package - the best description for this car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "engine, transmission, 40 plus mpg"

Cons: "I'm still thinking"

"If you are looking for a solid, reliable Honda Civic, this is the one you want. This car has value all over it. I paid $11,900 for my 20005, new. 110,000 miles later and I have only paid for basic maintenance items, like oil, tires, brake pads, and timing belt/water pump. I have owned several previous Hondas and do all my own maintenance. This is the sweetest running model (1.7L engine) I have owned. It runs strong in every gear and I can get 45 mpg on the highway at 70 mph. The transmission shifts as smoothly as when new. At idle you can't hear or feel it running. Yea, the older, non-strut suspension models handle much better, but after 110,000 miles everything is as tight as new and no squeaks."

Great car

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

"Great car, had struts done at 100k, timing belt, belts, water pump,still has the factory brake shoes on the rear. 30 mpg to 40 mpg"

BEST CAR OUT THERE

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, great price, long lasting"

Cons: "Doesn't accelorate like I want it to"

"This is my first car. I've had it for 4 years and I've definitely put some miles on it. I bought it used for around $12,000-4 years ago- with only 50,000 miles on it. It runs great, low maintenance, great gas mileage, and I intend on having this car for another 10 years. When they make another car that gets this kind of mileage at an affordable price I may consider upgrading. I've only had to get oil changes and change out my breaks because of how frequently I drive this car. This is a great first time car that will last your child at least a decade."

best vehicle I've owned (out of 19)

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "mpgs, solid, value"

Cons: "center counsel rattles,"

"I've owned 18 domestic vehicles and 1 honda in my life. 2003 honda civic ex was the only car I've ever owned that i did not have an issue with (major or minor). I used to worry every time i drove my car/truck in the past because i would hear noises from motor, transmission, rear end, suspension ( and repaired many times on multiple vehicles). For the first time in my life I never heard any noises from my car that made me think it might break down."

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "VERY ECONOMICAL CAR."

Cons: "NOT ALOT OF POWER."

"I PURCHASED THIS CAR WITH 18,000 MILES ON IT. IT NOW HAS AROUND 136,000. IN THAT TIME I WAS NEVER STUCK ONCE. I REPLACED AN ALTERNATOR AND STARTER. NEITHER WENT AND LEFT ME STRANDED. OTHER THAT THE PARTS MENTIONED AND ROUTINE MAINTENANCE I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE. IT GETS GREAT GAS MILEAGE. SOMEWHERE IN THE 35-38 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY (WITH THE LITTLE FOUR CYLINDER). I HAVE MANY FRIENDS THAT OWN THE SAME MODEL CAR. ONE IS APPROACHING 300,000 AND THE CAR IS STILL RUNNING WELL."