2001 Honda Civic

Based on 1805 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Love this car more everyday!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Peppy vtec, great visability, unbeatable value!"

Cons: "Honda doesn't make this exact car today!"

"This car has it all! off the lot value that only increases as time goes by; the ease of a smooth 5 speed manual transmission; the pep of a perfectly tuned VTEC engine; superior visability from well placed pillars, roomy interior, ample cargo space and fold down seats which add to the car's versatility. I couldn't be happier with my choice 9 years ago or find a car i'd rather replace my Honda Civic EX with today."

love my car

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"best car i have ever owned love honda's. worst part about the car is its to small for a family. great teenager car though."

Greatest car ever - for the price

By on Sunday, October 2, 2011

"I have driven this car for over 10 years and out on over 320000 km, about 200000 miles over that time. It still drives well and has incredible mileage."

Quite Fun To Drive

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I bought my 2002 EX coupe brand new. I must say that the car is somewhat fun to drive. It handles great! Better than most cars in its class. Not a big fan of the engine but love the smooth automatic gearbox. Don't get me wrong, the engine is awesome when it comes to reliability issue but just lack of power & torque. Excellent gas mileage! Perfect daily car! I get about 30mpg on the average with a combination of highway & local driving. Built quality is a bit disappointed especially from a Honda. The little stuff like knobs, lights,.... are not very durable. The front seats are always need to be tighten. Comfort level is also quite disappointed. It does not carry the same comfort level as the previous generation of Civic. The ride quality is very harsh. Not smooth at all. Overall, it's still a great car. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a trouble free fuel efficient fun to drive daily car."

Goodbye to a Champ

By on Friday, August 19, 2016

Pros: "Longevity, reliability, GREAT mileage"

Cons: "Not much power (slow acceleration and poor climbin"

"I bought this car, new, in California and killed it 13 years and almost 200,000 miles later in Oregon. It has been back and forth from Monterey County to Los Angeles County, and for the last 10 years from Portland to Los Angeles (and many many places in between). Its one weakness has been acceleration and climbing issues, and there are a lot of mountain passes on all those roads ... but I learned to be content with climbing Siskiyou Summit in third gear and in the slow lane because the car was otherwise so freaking good and reliable that people would think me mental to get rid of it. Besides, I'm growing old and slower, as well ... speed is no longer a major factor. I am somewhat proud of the fact that my wife and I learned to drive the hybrid as a hybrid, and not as a car with a hybrid motor ... we prided ourselves in gaining maximum mileage, as reported on screen or as computed by mathematics. On the day I backed into that big Chevy van, we were still getting 45 mpg. We serviced the car on the schedule that the car dictated, and had only two serious mechanical problems in its entire lifetime -- at about 125,000 miles we had to replace the hybrid battery, and about 10,000 miles ago we had problems with the clutch. Did I mention that it was a five-speed, manual transmission? Anyway, we liked it so much that though we love many of the features in the new Accord Hybrids, we're going to save $12,000 and buy a 2015 CPO Civic Hybrid and hope it is just as reliable and steady as the last one. I have never owned a car for this long a time, and will really miss it."