2001 Honda Civic

Based on 1744 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Good reliable car

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "Save gas, reliable, great for traveling"

Cons: "IMA replacement little expensive"

My 2003 car.

"I am 2nd owner. I would say it is worth it for reliable, for anyone who drive lot, to save gas, good for traveling, etc. Only one bad thing about it, IMA battery is little expensive to replace, otherwise I will recommanded this to anyone who drives 25 miles or more a day. It is not good to left parking for a week or longer, can drain IMA battery. So you will need to be able to drive it at least every 2 or 3 days for 25 or more miles to keep IMA charged. Also this way it will help car to run smoother. It is indeed wonderful car to own and very reliable if you need drive often, long distance, traveling, etc. I drive often myself out state, to distant cities. It never gave me any problems. I can go about 600 miles on single full gas tank. To me that is pretty good! That is from my personal experiences with owning this car."

My 2003 car.

nice to drive

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pros: "seats are comfortable"

Cons: "small in size"

"it is a very good car"

Fun Zippy Little Car

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, zippy"

Cons: "mine is starting to rust"

"I own the Honda EX Special Edition. I adore this car; very fun to drive, reliable, great on gas! Although I have owned it for 5 1/2 years, I still love to drive it. It has a very responsive five speed manual transmission. The 6 CD multi disc stereo system is great. I drive 500 miles per week back & forth to work, mostly highway miles. I get great mileage, somewhere between 34-36 miles per gallon depending on driving conditions. At the advice of a co-worker I put snow tires on another set of rims for winter driving. It gets around great in our snowy Iowa winters. I have had no major repairs, just basic maintenance procedures. I use synthetic oil at the recommendation of the first owner. That's what he used since it's first oil change. My only complaint is that it is starting to show some rusting but that's partially my fault for not washing it enough. I finally bit the bullet & bought a smaller new AWD SUV because the Honda was getting so many miles on it. I love my Civic so much I could not bear to part with it so I didn't trade it in or sell it. I am continuing to drive the Honda about two days a week so I don't put so many miles on my new vehicle; well that and the fact that the Honda is much more fun to drive and gets better gas mileage. This is the first car I ever had that I liked so much I couldn't bear to get rid of it for something different after three years or so."

good car great mpg fun to drive

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "mpg reliable maintenance free"

Cons: "snow driving not that great"

"I had always been a little tuned off by imports (believe in domestic cars) but i found myself in a bind and all i could afford was my civic. so i took it for a test drive and fell in love. it handles amazing. seems a tank of gas last forever. i am also a mechanic and on my old car (chevy malibu) i was always fixing something. since buying this car a year again i have only changed the oil. and ties. It can handle the abuse that i give it aswell as the elements. i drive it really hard. also when need the maintenance is very low cost. where i bought the car used i can feel the clutch starting to go so i have priced them and they are not very much at all(around 100 no flywheel and thats a performance clutch). and with the civic if you want to up grade there is option after option. the only complaint i have is that its not the greatest in snow. i live in utah and we get a good amount of snow and some of the hills around (including my driveway) i have a hard time getting up. now if you can afford to have summer and winter (i cant). tires im sure it would do just fine with snowtires. over all I LOVE MY CIVC"

My 7th Honda in 46 years, first two were cycles

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and trouble free, great gas miledge..."

Cons: "Didn't have a cd player and less mpg than the CRX"

2002 Honda and new replacement 2015 Honda

"I love this car, my 2nd best that I've owned...the best was my 85 CRX. I have 160,000 trouble free miles on it, only thing replaced has been oil, wipers, brakes and batteries. Still runs great though we use the 2007 Civic more now (I get the 'old Honda' and my wife drives the 8th new one and wheneven we drive together we take the newer one. In all the years I've owned Hondas, never had any problems except for the 1976 Civic (my first Honda car) that I needed to rebuild the head after 186,000 miles. That was the only mechanical problems in nearly a million miles total driving on all the Hondas...I did replace the CRX radiator when a Coyote put his head through it while driving home from the fire department (I'm a volunteer). The photo shows the 2002 Civic that I use and the brand new 2015 Honda (our 9th one) in the background...that's why I'm selling this 2002 and will be replacing it with the wife's 2007. Incidently, we always get white because we live in a desert, white cars are cooler, they get into fewer accidents because they are more visible, and because white paint lasts longer than anyother color."

2002 Honda and new replacement 2015 Honda