2001 Honda Civic

Based on 1766 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Great on Gas

By on Saturday, October 06, 2007

"I purchased my car new in 2004 and have not had any major problems with it yet. I did have to replace the battery this year (2007), other than that only oil changes. Always remember to rotate your tires with this car because it WILL eat your front tires if you do not, I was not aware that you had to do this and went through 3 sets of tires before I was told that...but that was my fault. It has a shocking amount of room in it. The gas mileage is fantastic! I commute about 15 miles one way to work a day and usually only fill my gas tank once every 2 weeks, which is around $30. I have read that the vehicle also has one of the lowest emmission ratings out there. Obviously this is a very "green" vehicle! The only complaint that I have with the vehicle is the road noise - it is very, very noisy. If you are looking for a fuel efficient car that is reliable I do recommend this vehicle."

Value Package - the best description for this car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "engine, transmission, 40 plus mpg"

Cons: "I'm still thinking"

"If you are looking for a solid, reliable Honda Civic, this is the one you want. This car has value all over it. I paid $11,900 for my 20005, new. 110,000 miles later and I have only paid for basic maintenance items, like oil, tires, brake pads, and timing belt/water pump. I have owned several previous Hondas and do all my own maintenance. This is the sweetest running model (1.7L engine) I have owned. It runs strong in every gear and I can get 45 mpg on the highway at 70 mph. The transmission shifts as smoothly as when new. At idle you can't hear or feel it running. Yea, the older, non-strut suspension models handle much better, but after 110,000 miles everything is as tight as new and no squeaks."

The car has and is still serving me well.

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, reliability, maneuverabity"

Cons: "Acceration, inside room, timing belt"

"I bought this car about 5 years ago, Honda Certified, with 55000 miles on it at the time. I am about to roll over 160000 with the 4 door, LX manual transmission vehicle. Major work: 90,000: Oil pan; somehow it started rusting by the exhaust pipe. Did not leak yet, but I wanted to replace it before it puked oil on the exhaust. 105,000: New timing belt, water pump and all related hardware. Did this as suggested by Honda, with all Honda parts. 107,000: Replaced A/C compressor; it was making a funny faint noise I didn't like. Since then the noise has returned, so it could be a characteristic of older compressors. 110,000: transmission input bearing replaced under warranty. This was driver error; if you shift it hard you will tear up this bearing. If you drive normal, you will be fine. I also had them replace the clutch while they were in there. I also did the front brakes once at 80,000 miles, and once at 110,000 miles. I put Hawk performance parts on and it stops a lot quicker, though the stock brakes worked fine. I have done a lot of odds and ends little things over the years; sway bar links, tires, etc. I am a mechanic and get picky of my car sometimes. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone. I am thinking of keeping it until at least 200,000 unless something in life changes that would require a larger car."

BEST CAR OUT THERE

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, great price, long lasting"

Cons: "Doesn't accelorate like I want it to"

"This is my first car. I've had it for 4 years and I've definitely put some miles on it. I bought it used for around $12,000-4 years ago- with only 50,000 miles on it. It runs great, low maintenance, great gas mileage, and I intend on having this car for another 10 years. When they make another car that gets this kind of mileage at an affordable price I may consider upgrading. I've only had to get oil changes and change out my breaks because of how frequently I drive this car. This is a great first time car that will last your child at least a decade."

Will not sell or trade this car (MT)

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "extremely affordable, great MPG, low maintenance"

Cons: "no remote trunk opening, no aux jack. That's all."

2001 honda civic ex sedan manual transmission.

"I bought it used from a friend in 07 at 144K miles for just $1500, now at around 210K the car is driving great, minimal repairs which I've done myself such as oil changes, brake shoes replaced, the front discs and the rear drum ones, also replaced the two front tower struts and the rest of the maintenance myself. Average is 38.5MPG and can easily get over 500 miles to the tank on mostly highway travel. Since I do the mechanical myself I am hoping to get to 1 million miles on this car."

2001 honda civic ex sedan manual transmission.

Great car

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

"Great car, had struts done at 100k, timing belt, belts, water pump,still has the factory brake shoes on the rear. 30 mpg to 40 mpg"

best vehicle I've owned (out of 19)

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "mpgs, solid, value"

Cons: "center counsel rattles,"

"I've owned 18 domestic vehicles and 1 honda in my life. 2003 honda civic ex was the only car I've ever owned that i did not have an issue with (major or minor). I used to worry every time i drove my car/truck in the past because i would hear noises from motor, transmission, rear end, suspension ( and repaired many times on multiple vehicles). For the first time in my life I never heard any noises from my car that made me think it might break down."

best bet dollar for dollar

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"Excellent power for a 4 cyclinder. Quick and agile, turns well, good gas mileage and engine is solid. Few problems. Rotors tend to warp slightly causing a minor vibration on freeway. Excellent choice for any stick man, that wants good mileage and solid performance. You can fit a full size spare in trunk without taking up much more space. Don't leave chargers for cell phones pluggeed in without engine running. Drains battery."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "reliable, dependable, economical, fun- great car!"

Cons: "needs more space and maybe more amenities"

"This has been a rock-solidly reliable car. I have owned my 2003 Civic for six years. I gought it with 53K or so miles and put another 200K on it. The gas mileage has been excellent and few problems have arisen: The motor mounts failed at 120K & the alternator at 180K. Both of these are more than reasonable. The car handles and drive well and is sporty. It could use more space, but it is a small car."

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "VERY ECONOMICAL CAR."

Cons: "NOT ALOT OF POWER."

"I PURCHASED THIS CAR WITH 18,000 MILES ON IT. IT NOW HAS AROUND 136,000. IN THAT TIME I WAS NEVER STUCK ONCE. I REPLACED AN ALTERNATOR AND STARTER. NEITHER WENT AND LEFT ME STRANDED. OTHER THAT THE PARTS MENTIONED AND ROUTINE MAINTENANCE I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE. IT GETS GREAT GAS MILEAGE. SOMEWHERE IN THE 35-38 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY (WITH THE LITTLE FOUR CYLINDER). I HAVE MANY FRIENDS THAT OWN THE SAME MODEL CAR. ONE IS APPROACHING 300,000 AND THE CAR IS STILL RUNNING WELL."