2000 Honda Civic

Based on 1158 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Best commuter car

By on Thursday, July 05, 2007

"I could not be more pleased with this car. I have been a licensed driver for 34 years and have driven over a million miles. This car is the best I have ever owned. I wish they still made them! With regular maintenance it will just keep going."

Still loving this car...

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I have a 2000 Civic VP that replaced my 2002 Chevy Cavalier. The dealer thought I was crazy to trade in a newer car for an older car. Crazy? I don't think so. My car now has 117000 miles and I drive in city traffic every day. Still getting more than 33 miles to the gallon and I love the handling. I am the envy of all of my friends when I can easily get into or out of virtually anyplace because of the great turning radius. Totally recommended."

very dependable little car

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "reliable, great mpg, fun to drive"

Cons: "small back seat and little storage"

"I purchased this car one year ago with 117,000 miles on the odometer after graduating from college. My plan was to use that loan to build my credit score until I could get favorable financing terms for a newer vehicle, and yesterday I became the happy owner of a new 2013 Subaru Legacy with 0% financing. Parting is such sweet sorrow. If I weren't moving to an area with a great deal of deep snow where AWD is a necessity, I would have held onto my Civic for several more years. Over the course of a year and 14,000 miles it has been a very reliable vehicle, needing only one minor repair to the driver's side window. Despite having so many miles on the odometer, the brakes are responsive, the ride is smooth, and the gas mileage is quite high (still gets 32 mpg highway on flat roads with AC on low). Moreover, the handling is lively, and the engine has a lot of zip under most driving conditions. The one exception is steep grades, where the 4-cylinder engine struggles to pass, and the automatic transition shifts indecisively between gears. This isn't a good car for someone looking for the creature comforts that come standard on more recent vehicles. It also isn't a good car for someone who needs much cargo space or wants to drive up snowy ski hill roads or on rocky paths to remote trailheads. This is an excellent car for someone looking for affordability (sips gas, cheap to insure, low repair costs). It is ideal as an inexpensive commuter car or a starter car for a new purchaser."

Runs well and is reliable. Great tires. Stick !

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

"Well maintained. 4 new tires around 2,000 miles ago. Front brakes last year. I drive 8 miles a day no highway. Engine has never been abused, beat. Rides well. Big promotion and time to buy my dream Cooper Mini. REQUIRES EXHAUST WORK FOR STICKER. Estimate for a standard Honda exhaust $500."

I love my Civic

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "Just a great car"

Cons: "None really"

"I've own this car since 80K miles. It has 200K now and is still running fine. I had to replace the trannie...not much else has gone wrong!!"