2000 Honda Civic

Based on 1136 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Best car for commute

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

"Good for commute"

A great car for 14 years. Miles of Smiles.

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "Great car."

"The only negative is really due to a life change for me. After I had my son, it was a little inconvenient to have to move the front seat forward and out of the way to put him into and get him out of his car seat. Then, when he was older, he or I had to move the front seat up so that it was easier for him to get out of the car. This is not an issue now. He's twelve and doesn't have to sit in the back seat anymore. He has grown up in my Honda!"

Great Car even at 260,000 miles

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Long lasting - low maintenance vehicle. Fun."

Cons: "no ashtray"

"I bought this car with 192 k on it. Aside from routine repairs, I have had no problems. The roads in Michigan finally made the front wheel fall off this summer. (I fixed the front end) But a blown head gasket is making me sell it, (pretty expensive repair for me) Already have someone to buy it though, even with the high mileage. It still gets 34 mpg, and starts right up. I loved this car."

BEST ENGINE

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "DEPENDABLE"

Cons: "NONE"

"ENGIN E RUNS LIKE BRAND NEW"

Extremely reliable!

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

"I love this car! My parents let me use it while I was in college and I've had it ever since. It never had any major mechanical problems (except routine maintenance). I loved it so much that I plan to buy another Civic. And it gets better mileage than cars that are 10 years newer. Can't go wrong with a Civic."

Very dependable well made car

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "Gas Milage, Reliability, Smooth Ride due to CVT"

Cons: "HorsePower, Poor Radio"

On the hill

"Bought this car in 2010 with about 116,000 miles. Since then I have only had to replace the transmission lines, the muffler, Oil/Filter, and just recently put new front brake pads and rotors on. So you can tell the only major thing would be the transmission lines, but they were simply old and dried out. Mechanically the car still runs perfect besides a belt squeak every once and a while. Gas millage is amazing with at least 33 mpg in the city and 40 on highways. One weird thing on mine is the wipers once wouldn't shut off but, after getting to the wiper motor and cleaning the connection they work fine except on low they are still touchy. Also, the car has nearly no rust on it and it's been in the north east it's whole life so that is very impressive. So I'd say overall it's a great car and can't believe how smooth it still runs. (Aftermarket headlights are recommended)"

On the hill

Best Vehicle You Could Ever Own

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

"This is is probably the most reliable and amazing car to own. maintenance is relatively cheap and as long as you keep up on regular maintenance this car will run FOREVER!"

Best deal I ever got period

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Good mpg, cheap parts"

Cons: "squirrelly on the highway in rain or wind"

"A friend of the family sold me this car in 2007 for $1000. It still runs great with over 300K on it. It is very beat up and starting to fall apart but that is my fault. I could not afford to properly maintain it. It never let me down though and the gas mileage is great! It was a little scary to drive on the highway and it would slide around in wind and rain (I guess it was just lightweight) but I never crashed it and it was always fine at speeds under 60."

Hands Down Great Car

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "quick comfortable quiet smooth great engin gas svr"

Cons: "allways lock it highly stollen car"

"I have to day out of all the cars I have been in this is my favorite I owned a bmw 530i luxurious and comfortable and the civic reminds me so much of it and I save way more money. I have people coming up to me asking 4000 dollars for my car to be honest kbb isn't doing my car any justice with pricing i've never had so many people approach me about it. its comfortable fast saves TONS of gas I can go anywhere in the us i've taken it to smog checks and mechanics and they say its like it rolled out of the dealer it runs so great you will not regret this car its way better then an +A it brilliant!"

This is very durable car and great on gas

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Good on Gas, fun to drive"

Cons: "interior its not like in BMW"

"This car is great on gas and its very durable the motor is unbelievable will never brake. I had these cars for long time and everyone knows that their value is a lot more than what they put on KBB."

incredible quality and reliability

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "reliable and economical"

"Aside from scheduled maintenance, this vehicle has been almost flawless. Replaced an electric window motor about 5 years ago, but other than that, everything else is operating in top condition. I'm confident this car will give me a couple more hundred thousand miles of service."

very dependable little car

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "reliable, great mpg, fun to drive"

Cons: "small back seat and little storage"

"I purchased this car one year ago with 117,000 miles on the odometer after graduating from college. My plan was to use that loan to build my credit score until I could get favorable financing terms for a newer vehicle, and yesterday I became the happy owner of a new 2013 Subaru Legacy with 0% financing. Parting is such sweet sorrow. If I weren't moving to an area with a great deal of deep snow where AWD is a necessity, I would have held onto my Civic for several more years. Over the course of a year and 14,000 miles it has been a very reliable vehicle, needing only one minor repair to the driver's side window. Despite having so many miles on the odometer, the brakes are responsive, the ride is smooth, and the gas mileage is quite high (still gets 32 mpg highway on flat roads with AC on low). Moreover, the handling is lively, and the engine has a lot of zip under most driving conditions. The one exception is steep grades, where the 4-cylinder engine struggles to pass, and the automatic transition shifts indecisively between gears. This isn't a good car for someone looking for the creature comforts that come standard on more recent vehicles. It also isn't a good car for someone who needs much cargo space or wants to drive up snowy ski hill roads or on rocky paths to remote trailheads. This is an excellent car for someone looking for affordability (sips gas, cheap to insure, low repair costs). It is ideal as an inexpensive commuter car or a starter car for a new purchaser."

best car i ever bought

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

"it is a comfortable and reliable car. and great on gas."

best car i ever bought

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

"it is a comfortable and reliable car. and great on gas."

i Love this car

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "great price, love to drive , the sunroof"

Cons: "far road trip its alittle to small"

"I can take it anywhere, its safe and cheep gas for its year. its the best"

Love this reliable sedan.

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliable; good price."

Cons: "Noisy ride."

"I do mostly city driving and generally get 32 mpg., better with freeway miles. If I'm in traffic jams in the winter, it might go as low at 29 mpg. I put a hitch on it for my bike rack and it holds all I need for camping with dogs. One ball joint replaced as well as muffler and catalytic converter. Otherwise, I've just had regular maintenance done like oil changes, belts, head lamps, tires, brakes, battery. Reliable transportation is most important to me and this car has been just that, reliable. I'm not a "gear head" so with respect to my ratings about "driving dynamics" and design etc., I would not pay too close attention."

I absolutely LOVE my Honda Civic!

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "The gas guage moves alot when driving."

"My dad recently bought my 2000 Honda Civic Ex Coupe back at the end of November for my birthday. I'm happy to say that I love my car, and I would never trade it. It has amazing reliability and gas mileage($20 to fill up). I wish I could keep it for college, but sadly I have to get something bigger.Bring on the next Honda, 2002 Honda Accord :)"

Great

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "not too many things I can say"

"Car is a great reliable car"

Super reliable and great gas mileage

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Super reliable and great mileage"

Cons: "Forgettable exterior style"

"I also bought my car new, 14 years ago. It has been largely trouble-free. Early on, they did issue a recall on the CVT transmission and replaced it but no problems with it either way. Despite the already pretty good EPA mileage rating, I routinely get 38 mpg and once when visiting family out of state and driving entirely on highways, I got 42 mpg. That's approaching what you get with a hybrid vehicle, for gosh sakes. Style-wise, it always struck me as a stodgy looking car and I very nearly went for a sporty looking Ford Fiesta recently until I came to my senses. I'm going with a 2013 HF Civic, which is the successor to the HX. The HF now gets 41 mpg. Only a few small gripes...I'm a 5'4" woman, the average height for American women. Yet when I pull the car seat up so my feet reach the pedals, I can't use the arm rest becus it's too far back. This should be fixed. Also, again an issue of proportions and height, the seat belt routinely wraps too high across my chest and sometimes feels like it's a little too close to my neck for comfort. I don't like the wheels on this car which are exposed to snow and rain. The rest of the car is so bland looking, why bother putting fancy wheels on it? It rusts out the drums and I had to replace one that was totally rusted out. The others aren't far behind."

Great Value

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, Reliable, solid, folding rear seat"

Cons: "This is not a towing car."

"I am the original owner of this car. I bought it in August 1999, one model year old but never driven, and had the CD player dropped in it when CDs were a new media. I am amazed at how mechanically good this car has been. I originally planned to keep it 4-5 years, I have had it for 14! It's a family solid workhorse. Maintenance costs have been consistently reasonable I have used the "severe condition driving" maintenance portion of the manual to get this life out of this vehicle."

okay condition

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

"blue color, 1997 honda civic. has ac but need repairs on the thermostat"

Picked this up for a commuter car, love the saving

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "MPG, value"

Cons: "smaller than a truck"

"I had a truck that was getting 11-12mpg, and it was costing me 7-10$ a day just to go to work and back. After doing some research and finally finding a used Civic in my price range I picked up the 98 EX, and have been enjoying it ever since. I had a major tune up done after picking it up(timingbelt and everything else that needed to be done) and have been getting 32.3mpg since. Hopefully when summer gets here it will be even better."

Honda Civic SI

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

"I Don't Have too much to say, But I just love hondas. Specially the SI I won't buy any other vehicle that is not honda or Acura. Best car's ever built They are relyable in every aspect. Thank God for a verry awsome car:))"

This car saved my life

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

"This was my first car I bought all on my own & i absolutely loved it. This car was great on gas, easy and fun to drive, and very reliable. This car handled great in bad weather w/ the snow tires i put on it. Unfortunately, though I lost this car due to being hit by a tractor trailer that ran a red light. This car helped to save my life & I walked away with being sore for a few months. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a safe car for themselves or their teenager."

Runs well and is reliable. Great tires. Stick !

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

"Well maintained. 4 new tires around 2,000 miles ago. Front brakes last year. I drive 8 miles a day no highway. Engine has never been abused, beat. Rides well. Big promotion and time to buy my dream Cooper Mini. REQUIRES EXHAUST WORK FOR STICKER. Estimate for a standard Honda exhaust $500."