2000 Honda Civic

Based on 1132 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Loved this car from day one.

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Very inexpensive. To buy and to matain."

Cons: "Not great pick-up."

"I bought my Civic new and for 16 years it has performed better than any car I have ever known. While other people are getting major things fixed on their vehicle, I am doing regular maintenance on mine. In 16 years the total cost of all major repairs I have ever had to do, and nothing was really major, I have spent less than #3000. I love this car. I will drive a Honda forever."

Love my honda

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, reliable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Paint oxidized horribly so it always looks dirty"

"I have loved my honda, had it for 6 years and the only repairs I've ever had to do mechanically would be normal fixes such as breaks, tires, new timing belt.... I am pretty sure if you do normal routine maintence this car could run pretty much forever! Honda's are awesome!"

Great, Reliable and Fun to Drive Car

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Reliable, Fun To Drive"

Cons: "Highway Noise, Low HP,"

"The civic is a great all around car. Great gas mileage, fantastic reliability, cheap maintenance. I have always been car savvy but this generation Civic is by far the easiest to work on. I've changed the headgasket multiple times on these by just following a service manual. I don't care what others say, this car is fun to drive, especially with the 5 speed manual transmission. It may not make a lot of horsepower or have a lot of torque, but the small rev happy motor has plenty of spunk to push around a 1 ton car. The combination of light weight and high revs is always a winner. Considering how large the tuning market is for civics, and the wide availability of parts, it's no wonder it is such a popular selling car. My car personally has Koni Adjustable Shocks and Neuspeed Sport Springs as the only modifications and boy does it bring out the capability of the chassis. The ride is better than stock suspension and it hugs corners like a beast (with grippy tires of course). If you want a well rounded, low cost, and somewhat sporty car to drive, the 1996-2000 Civic is for you."

It is the best car I have owned,

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

"I bought it used and have owned it for 10 years."

Best Car I've Ever Owned!

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "great mpg! scoots in and out of traffic."

Cons: "uncomfortable seats and not much leg room."

"Best car I've ever owned and the reason I still have it today after 18 years! It used to get 30+ mpg on the highway with low mileage; however, it can get up to 50mpg highway now that it's "broken in good". I've taken this car to the beach, mountains, city, and rural areas in rain,snow, stop/start driving. It handles superb and better than an SUV I owned. My only complaint is that it's the most uncomfortable car I've owned. Seats hurt my back and not much leg room. Otherwise, if this car is kept maintained like mine has been, it can go for 100k's miles easily. I'll never get rid of this car."

See if you qualify for